Home Cigar 101

Can't Judge a Cigar By The Color of the Wrapper

Comments

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will they still monetize tobacco products? I thought they stopped that.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

Frank told me they stopped monetizing tobacco products.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • ScotchnSmokeScotchnSmoke Posts: 134

@ShawnOL said:
    Will they still monetize tobacco products? I thought they stopped that.

Yes they still monetize cigar videos as long as you're not directly linked to a source that sells tobacco products.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

For the written record, I used “you” that many times for a reason. You very much are an: I, me, and but kind of person.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • VisionVision Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

edited February 2022

@Patrickbrick said:
    If it was not obvious to you I will tell you. Frank clearly is not doing this to make any revenue. I will also add that my personal take on you from the beginning of you showing up is that you are a douch bag. For the record I still think this and was/am very surprised these folks gave you the time of day upon your return. Stop being a douch and be grateful for the undeserved help/advice you have received. You also do claim to be an expert as well as your partners, so there’s that. Ok time for a beer.

I do have an I, me problem for sure, working on it.

Please point out where I have acted ungrateful? Every response to all feedback has been positive and full of gratitude. Even when trying to defend against all of these attacks, I have done so without reciprocating. Pretty much every response has been with the "kill them with kindness" mentality.

I’ve let two people go recently that we (myself and who I work for) couldn’t afford to lose, due them being two faced and in my opinion unreliable. I fought hr both times and presented much evidence why they were toxic and had to go. I would rather not have that as part of the every day and have a positive environment. My point to telling you this is you sir are two faced. You say one thing but your tone in further post’s and actions do no reflect the words. I am too lazy to pull quotes and such but I’m guessing Frank will. @VegasFrank.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

@Bob_Luken said:
    I agree, despite all that has been thrown at you, you have behaved well, for a douchebag.

Thanks Bob.

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

@ScotchnSmoke
    Have you considered a career as a politician?
    It’s apparent that you have all the undesirable qualities that would get you elected.

Edit for a personal question: Do you have prosthetic legs?
    It’s the only solution that could support your amazing ego.

Post edited by Guitarded on
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Look, it’s true. It’s not just something funny I thought of to say. Most anybody would have blown up by now. And you are a bit of a “me” entity here on this forum. Earlier in this thread you tried to say you had participated here. But you really haven’t. Not by our standards. One vherf? One trade? 100 or so posts? That’s nothing. But you have been polite. Deceptive and self centered, but you’re nice. And I give you plenty of credit for that.

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ScotchnSmoke said:
    Please point out where I have acted ungrateful? Every response to all feedback has been positive and full of gratitude. Even when trying to defend against all of these attacks, I have done so without reciprocating. Pretty much every response has been with the "kill them with kindness" mentality.

If you are going to get all nit-picky about what folks say about you here, when your history of dishonesty and taking motivated this response, then you haven't really accepted the fact you are in the wrong.

Stop trying to defend yourself, accept your wrong, shut-up, and move on with life.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

edited February 2022

@Hobbes86 said:

@ScotchnSmoke said:

If you are going to get all nit-picky about what folks say about you here, when your history of dishonesty and taking motivated this response, then you haven't really accepted the fact you are in the wrong.

Stop trying to defend yourself, accept your wrong, shut-up, and move on with life.

I admitted my wrong doing well over a year ago and have never contested that. When coming clean about promoting the YouTube videos back then as not just someone who was curious about the topic, I took my lickings and faced the music in person at the vHerf getting everyone's blessing to move on. Since then, I have not been deceptive about a single thing. Honestly, I don't even know what riled @VegasFrank up because he gave detailed feedback on the first video. Before posting any other videos, Frank blew up.

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alright lets run an anonymous poll. Press disagree on this comment if you think @ScotchnSmoke should leave and never come back. Press WTF if you think he should stick around, under certain conditions. My vote is leave and never come back since I can't react to my own post.

edited February 2022

I pressed disagree, I’ll own it.

MOW badge received.

I clicked "disagree" as well.

I hit the WTF. It will amuse me if that pisses Patrick off. Plus @ScotchnSmoke has been more polite than the rest of us about the whole thing. He may be a douche bag but we’re the ass holes.

@Vision said:
    Whoa whoa whoa.... We are not just ordinary âssholes. This is a special bunch of ássholes he's dealing with.

Just so long as we aren't the bleached kind...that is freakin' weird....

@Bob_Luken said:
    I hit the WTF. It will amuse me if that pisses Patrick off. Plus @ScotchnSmoke has been more polite than the rest of us about the whole thing. He may be a douche bag but we’re the ass holes.

My disagree Bob, he is fake as ****, us other **** are not.

MOW badge received.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Disagreed 👎

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    1. You all know which button I hit
    2. What riled me up @ScotchnSmoke is actually my reflection about your situation. Your PM to me that you had a bad year and couldn't send any good cigars. Cool, but your IG showed 20 $20+ smokes that you smoked in the last year. I didn't care about the smokes, but I cared about the lie.
    3. Your rejuvenation about our community coincided with the intro of your new video. Take advantage of me all you want but you leave my brothers the FÜCK alone.
    4. You claim to be a newbie wanting to learn, and your videos say expert all over them. Your website boasts about 50 years of combined smoking experience (😂). You even share your qualifications "...a LOT of cigars." Nothing about you jives.
    5. Your whole vibe screams pretentious lying príck.
    6. I'm 1 50th of the way to a million on day 5. How is Pubics of SuitsNboots doing?

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

You > @Patrickbrick said:

@Bob_Luken said:

My disagree Bob, he is fake as ****, us other **** are not.

OK Patrick. I said he was polite, not that he was genuine.

edited February 2022

@VegasFrank said:
    1. You all know which button I hit
    2. What riled me up @ScotchnSmoke is actually my reflection about your situation. Your PM to me that you had a bad year and couldn't send any good cigars. Cool, but your IG showed 20 $20+ smokes that you smoked in the last year. I didn't care about the smokes, but I cared about the lie.

• I said "i went through some ****" Nothing more, nothing about my income. I also have only purchased 5 cigars in the past year and those were to trade to you, the Instagram cigars were all gifted to me.
    1. Your rejuvenation about our community coincided with the intro of your new video.
    • I was also supposed to launch the YouTube channel the first week of January but didn't until mid February, contacted covid really badly and was out for three weeks. After catching up with work I started working on the YouTube, came back here, and also went back to the gym. I just got my life back together, that is all.
    1. You claim to be a newbie wanting to learn, and your videos say expert all over them. Your website boasts about 50 years of combined smoking experience (😂). You even share your qualifications "...a LOT of cigars." Nothing about you jives.
    • I never claimed to be a newbie. You all labeled me with that. I may not have smoked as many cigars as you guys, but I've been smoking them off and on for 18 years. I've also seen a lot of the inner workings of the industry that most of you never have. I don't claim to be an expert either, i still have a lot to learn and i love learning.
    1. Your whole vibe screams pretentious lying príck.
    • I disarmed you in 5 seconds on the vherf a year and a half ago. Everyone showed up to watch you rip me to shreds and we ended up being very cordial and you said something along the lines of "he's an alright dude" you were disarmed because i didn't meet any of your preconceived notions then and it's true now.