Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    5 years of work rewarded with yet another budget passed with no pay increase. Starting to regret the decision to go public sector. At this rate I should be able to retire around 90.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    My wife lost her job today...That's never a good day. Where can we cut spending? Cable, phone, food, don't pay the mortgage ? ummm. That's about it.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    My wife lost her job today...That's never a good day. Where can we cut spending? Cable, phone, food, don't pay the mortgage ? ummm. That's about it.
    sorry to hear that brother. I pray that things will work out
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Praying for you man, thats rough.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Sorry about that best wishes for a better opportunity soon!
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I know things will work out, somehow they always do.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Just seen this! Oh Man, thats rough... Wish you the best and pray it dont attack your Cigar Budget!

Aj
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56:
    kaspera79:
    Just seen this! Oh Man, thats rough... Wish you the best and pray it dont attack your Cigar Budget!

Aj
    I'll have to re-prioritize, (lol). Seriously though, I'm good for a while.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    That fact that a supposed sunny day with a high of 71 just turned into pouring down rain and a tornado watch!! Aint that a ***?

That is common place here and having been destroyed by one already we can't ignore the warnings. I keep a very good and dependable hand held battery operated "all purpose" scanner by my bed. And all but 1 pre-sets are tuned to emergency weather alerts.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    People that just don't know when it's time to RETIRE!!
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    perkinke:
    People that just don't know when it's time to RETIRE!!

You just described most of my shop .. with 8 of us around 38 average age is still 64 and we only have 43 in the shop...and 38 is the pups.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    This 8 months of winter crap here in Southern Ontario. Just wishing for summer temperatures already.
  • Options
    1 Having not slept in two days now matter how hard I try. I can't get my mind to shut off. I can't seem to eat either. I'm a nervous wreck.
    2 Watching your relationship fall apart right before your eyes knowing there's nothing you can do about it.
    3 Being single again
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    1 Having not slept in two days now matter how hard I try. I can't get my mind to shut off. I can't seem to eat either. I'm a nervous wreck.
    2 Watching your relationship fall apart right before your eyes knowing there's nothing you can do about it.
    3 Being single again
    Damn, bro...been there. Tough to go through. As to being single again, take the time to be single until all the pain is gone, ie: don't rush into anything. JMO.

Condolences, the death of the relationship can be as or more painful than the death of an individual.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    pelirrojo:
    3 Being single again
    Praying for you man.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    pelirrojo:
    3 Being single again
    Sorry to hear that Gordon, it's a struggle, time will heal....
  • Options
    pelirrojo:
    3 Being single again
    LMK if you need anything
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    3 Being single again

Been there done that and there is nothing anyone can say that will help....only time and the company of good friends.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    3 Being single again
    I know its far for you still, but I will be in Burque this weekend if you need a friend....

Aj
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    The job sending me out of town on my birthday. No special day for me.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Thanks for the well wishes guys. It wasn't a very long relationship, but it seemed to be going well from my point of view. It had been a bit rocky lately, but we had a few good heart to hearts about things we were both going to work on to make it better. I thought we were making progress and both willing to put in effort to make it work. Out of the blue she decided she just didn't feel a connection anymore, while I felt we were closer than ever. I really liked this one, but it takes two to tango. I had never felt so comfortable and at ease around a woman like this. I don't know if keeping my guard up a little more would have helped or hurt, but it is what it is. I live in the desert and there's more water than decent women, which is the real bummer out of all of this.

I didn't mean for my post to be overly dramatic. I'm just bummed and kind of in shock. I made sure we split amicably as I drive past her office on a daily basis and have already crossed paths with her once. I've learned an awful lot about myself through this and that is certainly a good thing. I need to take some time to focus on myself and the things I can control in my life. On the bright side, I busted the slump I was in, and as a major perk I can spend some evenings enjoying a cigar now! Life goes on gents. I'm sure there's another pleasant surprise around the next corner.
  • Options
    pelirrojo:
    Thanks for the well wishes guys. It wasn't a very long relationship, but it seemed to be going well from my point of view. It had been a bit rocky lately, but we had a few good heart to hearts about things we were both going to work on to make it better. I thought we were making progress and both willing to put in effort to make it work. Out of the blue she decided she just didn't feel a connection anymore, while I felt we were closer than ever. I really liked this one, but it takes two to tango. I had never felt so comfortable and at ease around a woman like this. I don't know if keeping my guard up a little more would have helped or hurt, but it is what it is. I live in the desert and there's more water than decent women, which is the real bummer out of all of this.

I didn't mean for my post to be overly dramatic. I'm just bummed and kind of in shock. I made sure we split amicably as I drive past her office on a daily basis and have already crossed paths with her once. I've learned an awful lot about myself through this and that is certainly a good thing. I need to take some time to focus on myself and the things I can control in my life. On the bright side, I busted the slump I was in, and as a major perk I can spend some evenings enjoying a cigar now! Life goes on gents. I'm sure there's another pleasant surprise around the next corner.
    Sorry to hear that man, but good to see you looking at the positives already. Feel what ya feel when ya need to, no matter what anyone else says you should do or be.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, adding another one. Losing my review notes for a new cigar. That's what I get for typing them into my tablet while I smoke. The browser crashed and lost everything! Garrrr.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Weeks that are just one frustration stacked on top of another.
  • Options
    Finding out that i have a sinus infection and a staph cyst in my nose. This sucks.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    Finding out that i have a sinus infection and a staph cyst in my nose. This sucks.
    Damn...feel better!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 of the new windows that were installed 3 months ago .... leaked on the inside of the house this weekend, when we got our first real rain of the season ....

F*ckin' p!ssed.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    That the term "smoke shop" is virtually synonymous with "head shop" in my area. Got all excited that a new smoke shop opened within walking distance of my house. I drove by on errands to check the hours to see if I could make it down later and then saw that their windows and website name prominently featured waterpipes and blunt wrappers only. Damn. Not even gonna waste my time seeing if they have stogies as well or not.
  • Options
    TheGOATTheGOAT Posts: 69
    I hate getting out of the shower in the morning and realizing that I have to drop a deuce. A post shower $h|t. Daniel Tosh said it well: "You ever have a post-shower $h|t! UGH! You might as well go back to bed and start your whole day over. Things are wrong. That’s not the order of events!"
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT:
    I hate getting out of the shower in the morning and realizing that I have to drop a deuce. A post shower $h|t. Daniel Tosh said it well: "You ever have a post-shower $h|t! UGH! You might as well go back to bed and start your whole day over. Things are wrong. That’s not the order of events!"
    LOL Yep. Like the first bug to hit your windshield after you wash the car. It's a downer.