Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Negative first thoughts.I pulled out a cigar to have during breakfast today and my coworker says "Oh, you smoke cigars? I had a Cuban when I was in Mexico that was amazing....very strong!" My first thought was "It was probably toe nails." I just said "As long as you enjoyed it, that's all that matters."
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    Women. I've come to the conclusion that one of three scenarios must be true:
    1. There are no sane women in this town
    2. There are no sane women anywhere
    3. I just attract crazy women.
    I'm leaning towards a combination of 1 and 3. There must be a few out there that aren't completely bonkers.

Also, women that wait until you've paid the tab for the date to drop "deal breaker" information on you. "I'm pregnant from an artificial insemination because I wanted to have a baby by the time I was 30 and got tired of waiting." Uhh... excuse me, waitress, lets open that tab back up. I need another drink. Make it gin this time.
    I hear ya bro, but that last one is one I've never heard! A female friend of mine said it the best once: "All men are stupid and all women are insane, you just have to find the stupid insanity that works for you."
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    We made the best of it. She said she'd be my DD if I ever need one haha. We also made a little friends with benefits arrangement for the near future... and I guess I can't knock her up lol. Gotta make lemonade sometimes.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    pelirrojo:
    Women. I've come to the conclusion that one of three scenarios must be true:
    1. There are no sane women in this town
    2. There are no sane women anywhere
    3. I just attract crazy women.
    I'm leaning towards a combination of 1 and 3. There must be a few out there that aren't completely bonkers.

Also, women that wait until you've paid the tab for the date to drop "deal breaker" information on you. "I'm pregnant from an artificial insemination because I wanted to have a baby by the time I was 30 and got tired of waiting." Uhh... excuse me, waitress, lets open that tab back up. I need another drink. Make it gin this time.
    I hear ya bro, but that last one is one I've never heard! A female friend of mine said it the best once: "All men are stupid and all women are insane, you just have to find the stupid insanity that works for you."
    "Did you ever smoke so much dope that your wife started making sense? Me neither."--Ron White
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Ticks.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    The credit/loan system. Started thinking seriously about buying a home in the next year or two and....I am so confused. Stupid credit system is completely rigged against the consumers.
  • Options
    I was tired, tipsy, and trying to get my munch on. Open up the fridge and what do I see? Left over Chinese. Oh boy! I grabbed ahold of the box and as I was taking it out of the fridge it slipped out of my hand. Of course the box came flying open as it hit the floor and now it looks like a fried rice bomb went off in my kitchen. Hmmm... I wonder what else there is to eat.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stepping up to the register at the local convenience store, asking for a can or two of Copenhagen, and having them give you a disapproving look and say something like, "That stuff is bad for you..." Yeah. I know I'm not buying health food, lady! Can you just give me the tin of snuff and hold the judgment? I mean, you do sell it here, right? Do the twinkies and cheese puffs also come with a lecture?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Stepping up to the register at the local convenience store, asking for a can or two of Copenhagen, and having them give you a disapproving look and say something like, "That stuff is bad for you..." Yeah. I know I'm not buying health food, lady! Can you just give me the tin of snuff and hold the judgment? I mean, you do sell it here, right? Do the twinkies and cheese puffs also come with a lecture?
    Don't judge! Buy at Walmart...nobody would say a thing...
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Puff_Dougie:
    Reminds me about the news report on CVS getting ready to stop selling tobacco in there stores because they want to be more "Health conscience" of what is sold in there stores seeing as how there a "wellness" store,

Report Quote.......
    **"Ending the sale of cigarettes and tobacco products at CVS/pharmacy is the right thing for us to do for our customers and our company to help people on their path to better health," Larry J. Merlo, president and CEO of CVS Caremark, said in a statement. "Put simply, the sale of tobacco products is inconsistent with our purpose."**

but they will still have all the alcohol, candy, snack cake products, chips, sodas, energy drinks & cup o noodles & such for sale without thought
    Mind you.. I have no problem whatsoever with them or any store wanting to quit selling anything/everything they decide to, just the way they are using to justify it to the public is absurd, would be better just to say we don't want to sell tobacco anymore lol
    Also their statement
    **"is the right thing for us to do for our customers and our company to help people on their path to better health"**
    the people that are "on their path to better health" I don't believe buy it anyway
  • Options
    Trying to smoke a cigar with hiccups... Not good!
  • Options
    Trying to decide what cigars to take with me to Albuquerque for a 3 day golf tournament. 3 days with weather in the 80s staying in a hotel sandwiched between a twin peaks and a strip club. I'm also going to hate what my bank account looks like when I get back. First world problems I suppose...
  • Options
    pelirrojo:
    Trying to decide what cigars to take with me to Albuquerque for a 3 day golf tournament. 3 days with weather in the 80s staying in a hotel sandwiched between a twin peaks and a strip club. I'm also going to hate what my bank account looks like when I get back. First world problems I suppose...
    I just can't quite get to the "wow, sucks to be you" on this one. ;)

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    pelirrojo:
    I just can't quite get to the "wow, sucks to be you" on this one. ;)
    I'm with you here, but the trip made me think of this:

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Waking up to the sound of chainsaws and a wood chipper, looking out the window and seeing a tree trimming company cutting down the trees along our fence line .... but the trees are on the neighboring property (assuming the fence is the actual property line)
    They sure didn't have it surveyed, marked before they started trimming them....

Going to be replacing the fence on this side of the yard soon.
    Figured we better have the property surveyed first, just in case that's not the actual line.

And guess what .... the property line is about 2 feet beyond our fence.

SOOOO nearly all the trees that the "neighbor" warehouse building cut down last summer, were on our property. (Dumb fvcks, think they'd have got it surveyed first)

The stumps were never removed when the trees were cut down and the "neighbors" have since filled in this are with river rocks (in lieu of mulch, it looks awful, I know) which buried most of the stumps.
    I walked around and counted 9 stumps (there's probably more) that were cut down last summer.

8 of those are undoubtedly on our side of the property line...and 1 is on the line, split about 50/50.

Wow

To say I'm upset would be an understatement.....

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    That SUCKS!! You going to say or do anything?
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    That SUCKS!! You going to say or do anything?
    Going to reach out to them today.....
    Seeing if we can come to an agreement on having them move the river rocks back to their side of the line before I have the new fence put up.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    This weekend I hate my spine. Yesterday morning I went slide my kitchen table out of the way to clean up after one of the cats and something popped just above my pelvis and nearly dropped me to the floor. So I have spent the entire weekend on my back on either an ice or heat pad. What's worse was that i was supposed to help some friends move, I'm sure they had enough help but I HATE not being able to keep a commitment. Today is mostly better, but still not great. Stupid human frailty. All those "minor" injuries I bounced back from in my 20's seem to be getting their revenge lately.
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    buying food from a restaurant and dropping it on the ground before even taking 1 bite
  • Options
    Being told that your employer doesn't have the money to give anyone pay raises this year.

Finding out today that apparently they found about 40k to hire someone new onto staff.

Finding out that the starting wage for this position that requires no degree and 2 years experience(clerical) will be the same yours was even though you have a 4 year degree and work in a technical position.

Biting my lip and trying to make it the next hour and a half without strangling someone.

That I don't have a beer and a cigar right NOW.
  • Options
    Theives. Took the wife for a lunch ride, some a$$wipe stole the throttle rocker off my Harley whilewe were eating. Seriously, if you needed one, they're just ten bucks. Get your own. I used to carry a spare, but I gave it to someone because he liked mine. I'm not selfish, but if I'd caught you....

• Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Thinking you're finally done spending shitloads of money when your last furniture arrives, only to have your car muffler fall off and upon further inspection the ENTIRE exhaust system is rusting through and needs to be replaced for $1300. Now I won't be able to afford to buy a car in the timeline I set for myself, but this hunk of trash needs to be replaced soon so now I have to likely finance some of the next car instead of paying outright.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    Thinking you're finally done spending shitloads of money when your last furniture arrives, only to have your car muffler fall off and upon further inspection the ENTIRE exhaust system is rusting through and needs to be replaced for $1300. Now I won't be able to afford to buy a car in the timeline I set for myself, but this hunk of trash needs to be replaced soon so now I have to likely finance some of the next car instead of paying outright.
    Wish ya lived closer Sam, Car issues would not be a problem for you. it would have cost you time and cigar smoking. Sorry to hear that Bub, I hope you can find a new exhaust cheap. (I will mention that 1300 is insane for some exhaust.. better come with sexual favors for that price)

Aj
  • Options
    Having my hip replacement surgery delayed for 2 months so that I can lose 40 lbs. Think about that and cardio? Yeah I can barely walk... F me!!!!!!!!!! I've been a big hunk of shizza for 30 years... I told him the only way I can lose that much weight is..... Decompose.
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    People who veer left to turn right (and vice-versa)!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Having my hip replacement surgery delayed for 2 months so that I can lose 40 lbs. Think about that and cardio? Yeah I can barely walk... F me!!!!!!!!!! I've been a big hunk of shizza for 30 years... I told him the only way I can lose that much weight is..... Decompose.
    You can do it!!!!! I was able to lose 45lbs in 3 months and did not exercise. All about diet and I did not go overboard. Cut out all sugary drinks, well except some beer and scotch. You can do it. .

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Morons with no sense of responsibility that use their service providers as babysitters. Keep getting calls from people that have minimal data in their cell phone plans, refuse to use wifi, then let their 5 year old kids borrow it to watch movies. Once they get the bill, it's suddenly the customer service rep's fault. I don't remember being a nanny for the customer's kids being in the job description.

What's funny is that the same people complain to the government for their actions. Once the government takes action, POOF! Cell phone plans are 20 bucks higher a month. Then reps get blamed again and they threaten more government action.
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    When the boss' wife feels she needs to be more involved at the office. Told me I have to shave today. Wife likes the stubble. Now I'm faced with the choice between pleasing my wife or the boss'...
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    Pretty sure that Chuck Norris has a beard.
  • Options
    A UPS error has delayed delivery. You should expect at least one business day delay. When I paid for 2 day shipping :(