Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stomach flu virus....
    felt 100% fine yesterday then middle of the night wife and I both woke up sick. Doctor said it's most likely flu virus and will take a week or so to recover....she hooked me up with some good meds so I'm feeling a little better but god damn I hate being sick....this is the worse ive felt in a long time. effin sucks.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Stomach flu virus....
    felt 100% fine yesterday then middle of the night wife and I both woke up sick. Doctor said it's most likely flu virus and will take a week or so to recover....she hooked me up with some good meds so I'm feeling a little better but god damn I hate being sick....this is the worse ive felt in a long time. effin sucks.
    Dang I hope you both feel better real soon.
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    People who aren't appreciative
    Two days ago I bought a cigar for a friend of mine because he didn't have the money. He used to smoke cigars a lot so i didn't have a problem with it. He picks out an Arturo Fuente A
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Thanatos0320:
    Two days ago I bought a cigar for a friend of mine because he didn't have the money. He used to smoke cigars a lot so i didn't have a problem with. He picks out an Arturo Fuente A
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanatos0320:
    Two days ago I bought a cigar for a friend of mine because he didn't have the money. He used to smoke cigars a lot so i didn't have a problem with. He picks out an Arturo Fuente A
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Thanatos0320:
    Two days ago I bought a cigar for a friend of mine because he didn't have the money. He used to smoke cigars a lot so i didn't have a problem with it. He picks out an Arturo Fuente A
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    Thanatos0320:
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel:
    ejgorman:
    Thanatos0320:
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    Martel:
    ejgorman:
    Thanatos0320:
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Bigshizza:
    Martel:
    ejgorman:
    Thanatos0320:
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    Martel:
    Bigshizza:
    Martel:
    ejgorman:
    Thanatos0320:

• Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I walked off and left my lighter and cutter in the golf cart Friday evening. They were not turned in as lost and found. Son of a...
  • Options
    That stinks.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Days when you're not expecting a box full of cigars.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    Days when you're not expecting a box full of cigars.
    That, and when you are expecting a box but they don't show up the day they're supposed to arrive.
  • Options
    Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    Going to Mcdonalds and watching the guy who just served you your food leave the bathroom without washing his hands.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    I walked off and left my lighter and cutter in the golf cart Friday evening. They were not turned in as lost and found. Son of a...

I found them stuffed into the bottom of a pocket in my golf bag. Hooray! I do not hate that.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    pelirrojo:

I found them stuffed into the bottom of a pocket in my golf bag. Hooray! I do not hate that.
    NICE!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Chuck N:
    Going to Mcdonalds and watching the guy who just served you your food leave the bathroom without washing his hands.
    Bwahaha
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I'm screening a patient who is conversing with me just fine. In comes the Doc, and this guy is groaning in between every other word.....give me a break.
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I'm screening a patient who is conversing with me just fine. In comes the Doc, and this guy is groaning in between every other word.....give me a break.
    I have the same problems. I'll be working with a patient and having them walk and perform various exercises and they never complain of pain but as I take them to their room they ask the nurse for 2 norcos
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bert873:
    Rain:
    I have the same problems. I'll be working with a patient and having them walk and perform various exercises and they never complain of pain but as I take them to their room they ask the nurse for 2 norcos
    sounds like an average day in ER. After triage, I give Doc a run-down on what they told me, he goes in the room, an entirely new and revised story unfolds, complete with histrionic interpretation and extra characters.
    Doc comes back, "did they tell you ______________?"
    "No, doc, mostly they just texted their friend and chewed their gum"
    "Ah, understanding!"
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it when the last bit of my stick deodorant won't stay put. The plastic part always pops out and goes flying across the bathroom counter. Just now I thoroughly examined the mechanics of this device and there's no reason for this malfunction. They CAN make them so the joining plastic parts will snap firmly together, but they WON'T. It's bad enough that they're sneaky in how they give you less and less ounces of the product for the same price but to create a product delivery device that ALWAYS comes apart and makes a mess. That's just cruel.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate people ho use their cell phones while driving. A bit of karma yesterday, some dumb xxxx talking on her phone at a 2 intersection 10 light underpass and she got t-boned, not hurt but the truck was destroyed. I loved it.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way my employer tries to flex their muscle and show a big stick so we all know who is in charge. The waste and ridiculousness is enough to drive you mad. Then the paycheck xomes and you decide to stick aroun at least 2 more weeks. No morale at all. Still I am blessed. It is a love hate relationship.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Shoe shopping with my wife. It's not that I mind shopping or giving her fashion advice (((yes, I am more fashionable than her. She's a Tom-boy.)))), it's just that her feet are so small she can never find anything that fits her in the big girl sections. She literally fits shoes with Care Bears and flashing lights on the side of them. Pretty soon, she and our 4 year old will be sharing shoes. So I suppose it's really just watching her get more and more depressed and frustrated as the day goes on and feeling like there's nothing I can do to help her that I really hate.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    The way my employer tries to flex their muscle and show a big stick so we all know who is in charge. The waste and ridiculousness is enough to drive you mad. Then the paycheck xomes and you decide to stick aroun at least 2 more weeks. No morale at all. Still I am blessed. It is a love hate relationship.
    My boss tries to do this every once in a while to me. I usually throw it back his face. He once told me that he's the reason I have a job. I told him, "You flatter yourself too much. You're not the reason I have a job, you're the reason I have 'this' job. Whenever you don't want or need me here anymore let me know and I'll be employed somewhere else within 72 hours!"

He doesn't do that kind of stuff anymore unless he's joking.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting out of the shower to find the wife sitting in front of the computer, staring at the online bank account, and crying. Not hating on her for that reaction, but on me for not making things happen and keeping us above water.

In other news, I may not be on here much for awhile. Need to focus on some more important things.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    Getting out of the shower to find the wife sitting in front of the computer, staring at the online bank account, and crying. Not hating on her for that reaction, but on me for not making things happen and keeping us above water.

In other news, I may not be on here much for awhile. Need to focus on some more important things.
    Crap, man. That sucks. I've had similar times over the last two years. Hope things turn to an upswing soon. Get to feeling better and go rake in those commissions!

• Options
    Puff_Dougie:

Praying for you bub.
    One God, One Truth