Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Not having an unlimited budget to buy cigars, guitars, and cameras.

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The F'n weather...50 degrees and raining all day. It feels like it's 10 degrees...ughhh
  • Options
    ArmyS1GuyArmyS1Guy Posts: 34
    Scrawled on a bathroom wall here in Afghanistan:

Things I hate:
    1. Lists
    2. Graffiti
    3. Irony
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    ArmyS1Guy:
    Scrawled on a bathroom wall here in Afghanistan: Things I hate: 1. Lists 2. Graffiti 3. Irony
    That's hysterical!! Thanks for sharing
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Too funny!
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poison ivy.

Got into some on Saturday while doing yard work. Got huge patches on my left arm, and a patch right next to my right eye. Had to get a prednisone shot after work today. Sure hope it works quickly. This itch is driving me insane!!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parents who can't seem to control their little demons in the grocery stores.
    Then they look at you and go, "Isn't he cute?"
    And since I can't contain myself, my answer is, "No, he's a little cretin that needs some discipline."
    The look on their face is priceless though.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    And since I can't contain myself, my answer is, "No, he's a little cretin that needs some discipline."
    Bah ha! Glad I'm not the only one. At a party recently, where no kids should have been, one guest's daughter (12 or 13) was being a complete PITA demanding to be the center of attention and the mom says "Oh, we just know she's gonna be a star" and before I could stop myself I said "Oh yeah, I totally see a brass pole and a roomful of Japanese business men in her future." Turned out the kid was also my date's niece!
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    0patience:
    Bah ha! Glad I'm not the only one. At a party recently, where no kids should have been, one guest's daughter (12 or 13) was being a complete PITA demanding to be the center of attention and the mom says "Oh, we just know she's gonna be a star" and before I could stop myself I said "Oh yeah, I totally see a brass pole and a roomful of Japanese business men in her future." Turned out the kid was also my date's niece!
    How'd that work out for ya?
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    perkinke:
    0patience:
    How'd that work out for ya?
    Oh it wasn't going anywhere anyway, she had....issues but looked great in a bikini.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That we haven't heard from Vulchor in a long time. What's up with that?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    We hired a new employee to an administrative aide position, basically clerical/secretarial requiring no degree. She started at $1.55/hr more than I currently make in a technical position with a Bachelors degree and 5 years under my belt at this job. Tell me how in the living fuuuuuuuck that makes sense.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    That we haven't heard from Vulchor in a long time. What's up with that?
    Yeah where is Dave, Glen to name just a few....
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Sitting for 2 hours with my neck cranked back, a metal clamp pushing my gums, not being able to swallow, and having drills and files stuck in my tooth. Yes that delightful experience called a root canal...
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    We hired a new employee to an administrative aide position, basically clerical/secretarial requiring no degree. She started at $1.55/hr more than I currently make in a technical position with a Bachelors degree and 5 years under my belt at this job. Tell me how in the living fuuuuuuuck that makes sense.

Are her boobs bigger then yours?
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:

20 years service and very high productivity in all aspects of the job. At top pay, can't go any higher except for OT. They brought in some new people at top pay, claim to fame, they could operate a joystick, otherwise their brains were mush.

The last few years on the job I learned to play the game and took advantage of every benefit and course (even if it was just sitting at my desk).

The I started looking at every angle and formula, years of service, birthday, retirement date, contract guarantees, and a differential shift. Then I walked in on January 1st 2006, very late, and did nothing for 8 hours. At end of shift and without warning, I handed them my retirement papers, told them what I thought of them and their office politics and retired at the very highest possible pay, which was more then most management "persons" had received in the past year and I made sure they knew it. I heard that one 2nd level in particular got just a tad twisted and took it out on the 1st levels.

It must have started something because a bunch of their best people were out the door in the next few months. I don't know if the retirement formulas and information, about getting the highest possible pay I passed out had any thing to do with it but I got a few thank you beers.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    the horrible horrible and vicious plant thorn known as the GOAT HEAD. Ouch, like organic land mines!

Aj
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    pelirrojo:

20 years service and very high productivity in all aspects of the job. At top pay, can't go any higher except for OT. They brought in some new people at top pay, claim to fame, they could operate a joystick, otherwise their brains were mush.

The last few years on the job I learned to play the game and took advantage of every benefit and course (even if it was just sitting at my desk).

The I started looking at every angle and formula, years of service, birthday, retirement date, contract guarantees, and a differential shift. Then I walked in on January 1st 2006, very late, and did nothing for 8 hours. At end of shift and without warning, I handed them my retirement papers, told them what I thought of them and their office politics and retired at the very highest possible pay, which was more then most management "persons" had received in the past year and I made sure they knew it. I heard that one 2nd level in particular got just a tad twisted and took it out on the 1st levels.

It must have started something because a bunch of their best people were out the door in the next few months. I don't know if the retirement formulas and information, about getting the highest possible pay I passed out had any thing to do with it but I got a few thank you beers.

Atta boy, boy. That's the way to play it. Beat 'em at their own game and then rub their nose in it. I love it!!
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    The customers I have to deal with sometimes. Anyone that's ever worked retail or customer service might know what I'm talking about. Crazy woman calls in and claims she's supposed to get 7 free iPhone 5S with no contract'. No notes on her cell account, no promos like that ever existed, and yet I get screamed at for an hour when I don't accept this outrageous claim as a gospel truth.

Can't wait to go back to school for law enforcement so I can get out of this.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    The customers I have to deal with sometimes. Anyone that's ever worked retail or customer service might know what I'm talking about. Crazy woman calls in and claims she's supposed to get 7 free iPhone 5S with no contract'. No notes on her cell account, no promos like that ever existed, and yet I get screamed at for an hour when I don't accept this outrageous claim as a gospel truth.

i live that dream all the time at work.
    people want an item that hasnt been on the menu for 5+ years in my restaurant and when i tell them we have not had it in years they flip out on me saying they came in last week and had it even though we didnt have the ingredients to make it for the same time frame.

what is even better is when I then get a corporate complaint based off of that.
    good stuff right there.
  • Options
    Guy in front of me on the road today went around a schoolbus as it was dropping off. That should be death by paralysis and then being eaten alive by ants.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    kuzi16:
    wwhwang:

i live that dream all the time at work.
    people want an item that hasnt been on the menu for 5+ years in my restaurant and when i tell them we have not had it in years they flip out on me saying they came in last week and had it even though we didnt have the ingredients to make it for the same time frame.

what is even better is when I then get a corporate complaint based off of that.
    good stuff right there.
    Before I.T., I worked at a hotel for 4 years. You wouldn't believe some of the crap we had to deal with, including squatters for a month who would refuse to leave nor pay their bill. I helped pack up and drive numerous to different hotels/hospitals, etc. At that point, management just wanted them out the damn door. Saw quite a few fights from drinking, people breaking legs from stepping off curbs, etc.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    Guy in front of me on the road today went around a schoolbus as it was dropping off. That should be death by paralysis and then being eaten alive by ants.
    Those people and the ones who refuse to pull over for an emergency vehicle.
    Lights and siren going and they refuse to pull over.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU......
    Home remodeling.....
    It's hard to find competent contractors.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Income taxes and statistics.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Ken Light:
    Not quite as bad as those, but the people who cut you off and then wave at you like it was your idea.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    0patience:
    Ken Light:
    Not quite as bad as those, but the people who cut you off and then wave at you like it was your idea.
    people who cut you off and come really close to hitting you then get mad at you like it was your fault.
  • Options
    I hate people who insist on telling you the things/cigars you like aren't worth the money or aren't that good.
    Or have to tell you why you are lighting it wrong, cutting it wrong, smoking it wrong or what ever else those idiots can pick about.
    Why isn't it that some people insist on being d!cks.

I don't mind someone making suggestions or offering advice, but the ones that have to "inform you" that you don't know what you are doing are just irritating.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    0patience:
    I hate people who insist on telling you the things/cigars you like aren't worth the money or aren't that good.
    Or have to tell you why you are lighting it wrong, cutting it wrong, smoking it wrong or what ever else those idiots can pick about.
    Why isn't it that some people insist on being d!cks.

I don't mind someone making suggestions or offering advice, but the ones that have to "inform you" that you don't know what you are doing are just irritating.
    Yeah, this is why I hesitate to smoke in places like cigar lounges.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I hate setting down my prescription glasses, forgetting where they are, and trying to find them but not being able to see a damn thing. Worse, I don't learn the first time!!