Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Life Cereal......

Where do you get off

Part of a balanced breakfast AND delicious? Who do you think you are? By now, you may have guessed I am speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what they do. Life Cereal, do not change a thing.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    There's not much that I truly hate, but today drove one thing home for me. I hate electricians that do shoddy work because someone always ends up coming after them trying to figure out what the hell they were thinking and how to make things right. Nothing like a day spent chasing down unmarked circuits under a raised floor and only tracking down about 15 items.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Life Cereal......

Where do you get off

Part of a balanced breakfast AND delicious? Who do you think you are? By now, you may have guessed I am speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what they do. Life Cereal, do not change a thing.
    hells yeah!

life is good.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Days off in the middle of the week, finally slowed up a bit here.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate people who think "I'm offended" is a valid, cogent, and suffiicient reason for any societal element to require that government limit the behavior of others. I'm offended by them.[edited by: Amos Umwhat at 7:32 AM (GMT -5) on Tue, Aug 31 2010] What brings this to mind is a situation in a town not far from me where some atheist has "found someone who's offended" by a Ten Commandments monument at a local park, and is demanding that it be removed.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I hate how women somehow arrive to the conclusion that you don't love them when they ask "Can we do this thing that will put us in debt for years and years?" and you say "No", trying to keep your already floundering finances afloat.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    I hate how women somehow arrive to the conclusion that you don't love them when they ask "Can we do this thing that will put us in debt for years and years?" and you say "No", trying to keep your already floundering finances afloat.
    I hear you, bro. There seems to be a disconnect between XX chromosomes and physical reality, or mathematical reality. My spouse believes that if you open more bank accounts, you'll have more money! I can't convince her that adding two paychecks, and then subtracting a greater amount, will produce a negative number, no matter how many times you do it. She's still looking for that inverse relationship, much to my checking accounts dismay.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, the kids went to bed early tonight and it is the end of a long week and just too damn tired to do much; however after reading the forum banter for a bit I started to jones for a cigar. After some thought I decided to fire up my first Graycliff Double Espresso, well after the 1st inch or so I finally gave up the fight with a seriously plugged stick. Plug was so bad that one side had burned the full inch while the other side was only a 1/4 an inch. Dragged my A$$ back into the house to pull out the old stand by, DPG Cuban Classic Robusto. Went back out sat down and lit up, now I am back in my happy place. In reaching the sweet spot and lost in thoughts I notice movement out of the corner of my eye that just shouldn't be there. Much to my surprise, not but 4 feet from me, sat a BIG A$$ possum. Now being 100% a city boy it was all I could do to calmy put the cigar down and move back into the house. Now I need a cigar to relax from my cigar "experience"...... Not a good ending to the week. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    bandyt09:
    So, the kids went to bed early tonight and it is the end of a long week and just too damn tired to do much; however after reading the forum banter for a bit I started to jones for a cigar. After some thought I decided to fire up my first Graycliff Double Espresso, well after the 1st inch or so I finally gave up the fight with a seriously plugged stick. Plug was so bad that one side had burned the full inch while the other side was only a 1/4 an inch. Dragged my A$$ back into the house to pull out the old stand by, DPG Cuban Classic Robusto. Went back out sat down and lit up, now I am back in my happy place. In reaching the sweet spot and lost in thoughts I notice movement out of the corner of my eye that just shouldn't be there. Much to my surprise, not but 4 feet from me, sat a BIG A$$ possum. Now being 100% a city boy it was all I could do to calmy put the cigar down and move back into the house. Now I need a cigar to relax from my cigar "experience"...... Not a good ending to the week. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.
    should have offered the possum a cigar LOL
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    bandyt09:

Those buggers have some nasty dental work that God gave them. Having grown up on a farm I've seen them too close for comfort. It would have been funny to see if you blew cigar smoke in its face if it would have rolled over and played "possum". ......... OH SH_IT hope theres no PETA trolls on here !
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Norway, SC. Entire area is a damn wasteland!!!!
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    That mop commercial that has like 20 variants with the "Who's that lady" song playing.
  • Options
    Russ55:
    That mop commercial that has like 20 variants with the "Who's that lady" song playing.
    Swiffer..
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    bandyt09:

Those buggers have some nasty dental work that God gave them. Having grown up on a farm I've seen them too close for comfort. It would have been funny to see if you blew cigar smoke in its face if it would have rolled over and played "possum". ......... OH SH_IT hope theres no PETA trolls on here !

Had a possum take up residence in my shop a while back. I'm a city boy but I know about possum dentition and, since this one was curled up on a shelf sound asleep, I just called Animal Control to come get the rascal. The guy from Animal Control walks in, calmly looks the situation over, and just reaches out and picks him up by the tail and carries him out to a waiting cage. The possum was awake but never made a move on the Animal Control guy.

Marty

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Never heard of that place where is it? Shoulda stopped by for a herf :P

I hate working holidays.
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Never heard of that place where is it? Shoulda stopped by for a herf :P

I hate working holidays.
    Towns so small they don't even have 3G.
  • Options
    I'm sure I'm gonna get flamed for this, but...I effin' hate Nirvana and Kurt Cobain.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    The Weedman burning my F'ing lawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    People who don't work for what they are given or what they wish to obtain...
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    +8

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Lasabar:
    +8

i dont know where the "8" key is on my keyboard

( i had to cut and paste that one )
  • Options
    ALT 236 = 8
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya know how everybody hates a know-nothing smartass who tries to make you believe he knows a lot about cigars? I think it's a real hoot to let that person go on and on about things he supposedly knows (all or most of which turns out to be wrong) and keep leading him on to expound even more nonsense that he believes about cigars smoking.

It's really unbelievable the kind of crap that comes out of the mouth of some of these guys.

Marty

• Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    wwhwang:
    I'm sure I'm gonna get flamed for this, but...I effin' hate Nirvana and Kurt Cobain.
    oh snap... no +1 here. i'd go with about - a billion or so.
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    criss angel...
  • Options
    martymcg43:
    criss angel...
    Magicians
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    when the weekend is over
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    That the person who pitched that owl movie is probably still employed.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    martymcg43:
    criss angel...
    He's really an Alien fyi...
  • Options
    The fact that when the repair guy fixed my laptop, he installed a hacked version of Windows Vista...and now I have to buy Windows again.