Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    undulac:
    stephen_hannibal:
    To piggy back my previous statement... I hate the motherf**kers on unemployment who aren't looking for work!
    I have nothing but ill will and disgust for you lazy bastards!

I have two people that I know that collected unemployment (which I have nothing against, btw) and for over a year, both traveled, went out every night and actually lived better lives than while they were working. Both, in the final week before their checks stopped got a job. Coinsidence? They turned down job after job because it was not what they were making before and about the same as what they were collecting. I call BS. The system sucks and is abused. Meanwhile, my wife and I decided not to have another child because we want to make sure we are financially sound and that our two girls go as far as they want to in school debt free. We're two professionals with good jobs that can't afford another child because 60% of govt spending goes toward programs that are run like s#!t.
    if you havent looked for a job for 4 weeks then you are considered a marginally attatched/discouraged worker...which means they have given up working and they are not longer a part of the work force.......you may be able to report them and get them off their unemployment
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    ellinas:
    undulac:
    stephen_hannibal:
    To piggy back my previous statement... I hate the motherf**kers on unemployment who aren't looking for work!

I have two people that I know that collected unemployment (which I have nothing against, btw) and for over a year, both traveled, went out every night and actually lived better lives than while they were working. Both, in the final week before their checks stopped got a job. Coinsidence? They turned down job after job because it was not what they were making before and about the same as what they were collecting. I call BS. The system sucks and is abused. Meanwhile, my wife and I decided not to have another child because we want to make sure we are financially sound and that our two girls go as far as they want to in school debt free. We're two professionals with good jobs that can't afford another child because 60% of govt spending goes toward programs that are run like s#!t.
    if you havent looked for a job for 4 weeks then you are considered a marginally attatched/discouraged worker...which means they have given up working and they are not longer a part of the work force.......you may be able to report them and get them off their unemployment
    They're working now, they just waited until the last week their unemployment was up. I'd like to see the results of all the people that find jobs right before their benefits expire. I'd imagine it would be high.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Mimes ... nerve wrackin ...nuff said ...
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    no offense to anyone here that may be from the boston. but when i came over to the usa from greece i moved to astoria NY and anyways what i'm getting at is the northern accent drives me crazy. actually it is just the boston accent
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    undulac:
    stephen_hannibal:

I'll take it one step further and say I hate unemployment period. Aren't they talking about extending it for over a year? I'm sorry, but if you can't find a job in a YEAR you just aren't useful to society or you are just too stupid. There are jobs out there, people just feel entitled to a certain one or to certain pay. I've been working since I was 15, which was illegal in my state, I can't even wrap my head around the concept of not having a job. For the record, I know this point of view is not very popular and that there are exceptions.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    undulac:
    ellinas:
    undulac:
    stephen_hannibal:

They're working now, they just waited until the last week their unemployment was up. I'd like to see the results of all the people that find jobs right before their benefits expire. I'd imagine it would be high.
    I can't find it now, but I remember that they have done studies about this - like you suspected, a very high number of "unemployed" magically find work just before their unemployment checks stop coming
  • Options
    As for what I hate - entitlement mentalities. The Brits are rioting in the street - the reason? Their college tuition is set to rise from $5,000 per YEAR to $10,000 per year. Yeah, I just shelled out over $40k/yr for my college, and the little SOB's on the other side of the pond are rioting because they're losing SOME of their subsidized education. ****' greedy little bastards outta be tossed out on their ass.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    xmacro:
    undulac:
    ellinas:
    undulac:
    stephen_hannibal:

I can't find it now, but I remember that they have done studies about this - like you suspected, a very high number of "unemployed" magically find work just before their unemployment checks stop coming
    I was listening to NPR the other day and they were talking about this very issue. They said something like 60% of people that go back to work while on unemployment do so during the last 2 weeks... makes me so mad, I can't even type anymore without going crazy thinking about it.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i dont use this thread that much. i dont hate many things at all.
    one of the few things i DO hate is the almost inevitable exchange when someone asks me why i dont have kids.

they: you have kids (with your wife of 4 years)

me: no, not yet.

they: why not

me: i dont think we are ready yet

they: everybody says that... dont worry about it.

me: no, seriously, we are digging ourselves out of some debt and we feel that bringing a kid into this world while we are in such a difficult period in our lives would be a poor decision not just for us on a monetary basis but a poor decision for the welfare of our potential child...

they (interrupting): if everyone waited till they had the money to have kids nobody would ever have kids

this is about the point where i walk away.

i dont feel like explaining to them that i actually have a plan that is over 50% done about how debt is being payed off and we are preparing to have kids in a responsible way. If i am going to have kids, i am going to do it "right" (or as close to it as i can) and because i will not have staggering debt when the child is born i am bringing a life into the world in a better situation than most.

not only that, but it is MY life with my wife NOT YOURS. i dont tell you how to run your life or raise your children. please dont tell me how to handle mine.

only slightly less annoying:
    when people tell me "you will understand when you have kids"

as if i have never felt unconditional love and a willingness to do anything for someone.

get off your "i have kids" high horse.

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    kuzi16:
    i dont use this thread that much. i dont hate many things at all.
    one of the few things i DO hate is the almost inevitable exchange when someone asks me why i dont have kids.

they: you have kids (with your wife of 4 years)

me: no, not yet.

they: why not

me: i dont think we are ready yet

they: everybody says that... dont worry about it.

me: no, seriously, we are digging ourselves out of some debt and we feel that bringing a kid into this world while we are in such a difficult period in our lives would be a poor decision not just for us on a monetary basis but a poor decision for the welfare of our potential child...

they (interrupting): if everyone waited till they had the money to have kids nobody would ever have kids

this is about the point where i walk away.

i dont feel like explaining to them that i actually have a plan that is over 50% done about how debt is being payed off and we are preparing to have kids in a responsible way. If i am going to have kids, i am going to do it "right" (or as close to it as i can) and because i will not have staggering debt when the child is born i am bringing a life into the world in a better situation than most.

not only that, but it is MY life with my wife NOT YOURS. i dont tell you how to run your life or raise your children. please dont tell me how to handle mine.

only slightly less annoying:
    when people tell me "you will understand when you have kids"

as if i have never felt unconditional love and a willingness to do anything for someone.

get off your "i have kids" high horse.

Dont know who torqued you off kuz, but I will say this - I think you're gonna be a PHENOMINAL Dad someday my friend. :-)

• Options
    +1. People ask me why I don't have kids and I just say "I don't want to." They can't wrap their heads around it.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    JCizzle:
    +1. People ask me why I don't have kids and I just say "I don't want to." They can't wrap their heads around it.
    Don't know how old you are but it gets me pretty mad when I have to explain why I don't want to have kids yet. I haven't met the right person yet. When they say you aren't getting any younger.......DUH! I'm not going to have kids and make a mistake with the wrong person who I will have to be in their lives for the rest of my life. Which brings me to another thing I hate people who don't mind their own business, try to run your life, and tell you what is best for you. As if their life is soooo perfect and they know what is best for me.
  • Options
    Agree 100%. couldn't have said it better.

I'm 30, brother, and have zero interest in having kids. I'd even say my desire to have kids has decreased over the years. I'm a selfish person and I greatly enjoy my time, money, and lifestyle. People make comments like "it's so rewarding" or "you're missing out," yet when I talk about my lifestyle they say "you're so lucky, if I didn't have kids..." They just aren't for everyone and there's nothing wrong with not wanting them.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    JCizzle:
    Agree 100%. couldn't have said it better.

I'm 30, brother, and have zero interest in having kids. I'd even say my desire to have kids has decreased over the years. I'm a selfish person and I greatly enjoy my time, money, and lifestyle. People make comments like "it's so rewarding" or "you're missing out," yet when I talk about my lifestyle they say "you're so lucky, if I didn't have kids..." They just aren't for everyone and there's nothing wrong with not wanting them.
    34 here and I feel the same way. I'm not saying I will never have kids but I have to find that special someone 1st and at this rate....maybe I'm a little too selfish....it might not happen. But I'm right there with you on the lifestyle and doing what I want pretty much when I want. Nice to have a Niece so I can have best of both Worlds. Now my brother and his wife have another on the way I'm sitting good.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Walmart.....at christmas time.....on welfare check day..... and all i wanted was some effin deoderant...
  • Options
    Having to spread my feet so wide apart Im nearly in a sumo stance... in order to keep from STANDING IN SOME IDIOT(S) F*ING P!SS AT PUBLIC URINALS BECAUSE IM APPARENTLY THE ONLY **** OWNER IN A FOUR F*ING STATE RADIUS THAT CAN CONTROL WHERE HIS P!SS GOES!!!!!!!

Nasty MFers...

• Options
    The Sniper:
    Having to spread my feet so wide apart Im nearly in a sumo stance... in order to keep from STANDING IN SOME IDIOT(S) F*ING P!SS AT PUBLIC URINALS BECAUSE IM APPARENTLY THE ONLY **** OWNER IN A FOUR F*ING STATE RADIUS THAT CAN CONTROL WHERE HIS P!SS GOES!!!!!!!

Nasty MFers...

This really made me laugh ... I thought I was the only one who got really bent out of shape over this . Glad to know I'm not alone Sniper hahaha
  • Options
    gmill880:
    The Sniper:

Nasty MFers...

This really made me laugh ... I thought I was the only one who got really bent out of shape over this . Glad to know I'm not alone Sniper hahaha
    Its just ridiculous Gene - people are friggin animals!!! Glad you got a good chuckle out of it tho. :-D

• Options
    The Sniper:
    gmill880:
    The Sniper:

Nasty MFers...

Its just ridiculous Gene - people are friggin animals!!! Glad you got a good chuckle out of it tho. :-D

You got a PM bro ...
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    The fact that I don't get paid enough to live in my own house.
    It's really starting to get to me!

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figthing with the wife on Saturday...made for a pretty sh*tty Saturday and part of Sunday..things are all good now! I missed the NOVA herf on Saturday b/c of it though!!!
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Shipping my own stuff internationally. Apparently, it takes 110 dollars to ship 53 pounds worth of Xbox games, books, DVDs, and my own military records to myself.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    The Sniper:
    gmill880:
    The Sniper:

Nasty MFers...

Right there with you. This is one of the reasons I don't allow anyone to wear shoes in my house. Just what I want on my living room floor, other people's urine...
  • Options
    Driving on the highway in the left lane doing 80/85/90 MPH approaching a car a mile in front of you in the left hand lane, the douchebag is too freaken stupid to realize that a car is rapidly gaining up on their rear. Rather than quickly move over, the douchebag is still drawing a blank just stays put. probable because 70 mhp is the speed limit and he is intittled to the left lane. So, you move over and go around him in a blink, he (the douchbag) then proceeds to increase is speed to pace you because he now has a a get out of jail free card becuase i would get the ticket and not him. Now that pisses no off.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Mperconte:
    Driving on the highway in the left lane doing 80/85/90 MPH approaching a car a mile in front of you in the left hand lane, the douchebag is too freaken stupid to realize that a car is rapidly gaining up on their rear. Rather than quickly move over, the douchebag is still drawing a blank just stays put. probable because 70 mhp is the speed limit and he is intittled to the left lane. So, you move over and go around him in a blink, he (the douchbag) then proceeds to increase is speed to pace you because he now has a a get out of jail free card becuase i would get the ticket and not him. Now that pisses no off.
    Those people should be shot on site. No questions asked.

Also hate people that don't use a turn signal when you are behind them.

Or when someone is sitting at a stop sign at a connecting road when you're driving on the main road, they sit there obviously watching you get closer for a little while, then decide WAY too late that they're going to pull out in front of you when there is NO ONE behind you, but they just have to get out in front of you and then proceed to drive about 5 mph under the speed limit.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    The fact this is the single busiest December on the books in my properties history,
    My Director went to Puerto Rico so I'm doing all his work.
    One of the night guys is on vacation til the end of January.
    The Manager and the other night guy are at another location for the rest of the week.
    I'm holding down the fort annnnnnddddd I get hit with the worst cold I've had in years!

(Actually I think it's strep but no time to go to the doctors to find out.)
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    Mperconte:

Or when someone is sitting at a stop sign at a connecting road when you're driving on the main road, they sit there obviously watching you get closer for a little while, then decide WAY too late that they're going to pull out in front of you when there is NO ONE behind you, but they just have to get out in front of you and then proceed to drive about 5 mph under the speed limit.
    I find this particularly annoying when I'm on the motorcycle. I've often thought it would be great to have a microphone you could speak into that sounded through the cars speakers that you point it at. Would be great for situations like this, as well as, say, at stop-lights. Can you imagine? "Hey, quit picking your nose!", or "If you're not going to do the speed limit, at least, then MOVE THE HELL OVER!" could be lots of fun, like a wii.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Mperconte:
    . . . . I actually do this, except I move over for the speeding car, then change back and follow them. What can I say? I like to go fast, especially when I have a couple hundred miles to drive, but I hate cops

Back on-topic: I hate those "Visiting Angels" commercials that they air in FL (not sure about other States). It's like saying "hey, we both know you're never get off your ass and visit your old folks, so pay us to take the guilt away"
  • Options
    People that worry your eyes out to hire them and then after you do they sit around and *** about the hours, the pay , the inventory , and everything else. You knew 99% of this coming in so shut the he_ll up and do your job !!! Or better yet just quit , no ones holding you hostage to stay !!!
  • Options
    Amos Umwhat:
    Heavy:
    Mperconte:

I find this particularly annoying when I'm on the motorcycle. I've often thought it would be great to have a microphone you could speak into that sounded through the cars speakers that you point it at. Would be great for situations like this, as well as, say, at stop-lights. Can you imagine? "Hey, quit picking your nose!", or "If you're not going to do the speed limit, at least, then MOVE THE HELL OVER!" could be lots of fun, like a wii.
    Amos my friend, come up with a set of blueprints for this idea and you will be using $100 bills to light Opus X's before you know it! :-D