Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    I hate liars and, to quote family guy, big fat phonies.

Martel:
    And on another completely unrelated note, which I was going to post on this thread anyway...generic toilet paper. Some things in life just aren't worth saving money on.
    And +1 to this.
    Hate that cheap, thin scratchy stuff you find in office buildings, restaurants, etc. Just spend a few extra $$ for some Charmin for f**ks sake !!!!
    Grew up calling it John Wayne toilet paper bc it don't take no **** off nobody!!!!!
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    jgibv:
    I hate liars and, to quote family guy, big fat phonies.

Martel:
    And on another completely unrelated note, which I was going to post on this thread anyway...generic toilet paper. Some things in life just aren't worth saving money on.
    And +1 to this.
    Hate that cheap, thin scratchy stuff you find in office buildings, restaurants, etc. Just spend a few extra $$ for some Charmin for f**ks sake !!!!
    Grew up calling it John Wayne toilet paper bc it don't take no **** off nobody!!!!!
    1-ply...the only way you're guaranteed a piece of A$$.....
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    I hate going out to dinner and having to wait for a table and when you finally get in and get seated, their is like 7 empty dirty tables.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    When a salesman sends me a time sensitive email, that I respond to, and they just evaporate. Yeah, I hate that.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    When your first flight is delayed enough that you miss your connection and have no clue how you're going to get to your destination for a good friends wedding. I guess that's why airports have bars and there's basketball on. Could be worse though... They could run out of gin.
  • Options
    Quitting something which means I hate being addictive to anything.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skin tags!!!
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Rhamlin:
    Skin tags!!!
    Ricky. Use liquid nitrogen.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Rhamlin:
    Skin tags!!!
    Or a nail clipper. It only hurts for a second.
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    beatnic:
    Rhamlin:
    Skin tags!!!
    But geezus...they bleed forever, hate those things.
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    ddubridge:
    beatnic:
    Rhamlin:
    Skin tags!!!
    Nail clippers?! Ouch. I've been trying duct tape for the last week. Got rid of a few but some just wont die. Don't know where I'd get ahold of liquid nitro.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Bigshizza:
    ddubridge:
    beatnic:
    Rhamlin:
    Skin tags!!!
    Nail clippers?! Ouch. I've been trying duct tape for the last week. Got rid of a few but some just wont die. Don't know where I'd get ahold of liquid nitro.
    ...the shiver down my spine this conversation is giving me.

Having to get up at 3 AM to catch a flight. Too early.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Bigshizza:
    ddubridge:
    beatnic:
    Rhamlin:
    Skin tags!!!
    I *think* a lot of OTC wart removers use liquid nitro
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    snow storms in March.......for F!cks sake, enough. I love show and even i just want it to be spring.
  • Options
    I am still at the Denver airport, missed any chance I had to get to that wedding. Now the weather is so bad I can't even get back home. Was here at the airport until 1 am just yo get a hotel room and come back first thing in the morning. I'm surprised I haven't ripped anyone's head off yet.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Ken Light:
    Rhamlin:
    Bigshizza:
    ddubridge:
    beatnic:
    Rhamlin:
    Skin tags!!!
    As Ken said, Wart remover. They include a can of compressed nitrogen and these little cue-tip attachments. You fill the cue-tip with nitrogen and then just touch it to the skin tag. The nitrogen flows over the tag and turns it white. A couple of applications and the tag is frozen. The tissue dies over the next few days, dries up and eventually falls off. Kinda itchy during application and drying. Sometime a reddish ring will be left on the surrounding skin. It too clears up. Viola!, no tag and no blood.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Ken Light:
    Rhamlin:
    Bigshizza:
    ddubridge:
    beatnic:
    Rhamlin:
    Skin tags!!!
    As Ken said, Wart remover. They include a can of compressed nitrogen and these little cue-tip attachments. You fill the cue-tip with nitrogen and then just touch it to the skin tag. The nitrogen flows over the tag and turns it white. A couple of applications and the tag is frozen. The tissue dies over the next few days, dries up and eventually falls off. Kinda itchy during application and drying. Sometime a reddish ring will be left on the surrounding skin. It too clears up. Viola!, no tag and no blood.
    I like this remedy much better that that barbaric toe nail clipper suggestion.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    beatnic:
    Ken Light:
    Rhamlin:
    Bigshizza:
    ddubridge:
    beatnic:
    Rhamlin:
    Skin tags!!!
    I like this remedy much better that that barbaric toe nail clipper suggestion.
    No doubt! I'll pick some up when I get home.
  • Options
    pelirrojo:
    I am still at the Denver airport, missed any chance I had to get to that wedding. Now the weather is so bad I can't even get back home. Was here at the airport until 1 am just yo get a hotel room and come back first thing in the morning. I'm surprised I haven't ripped anyone's head off yet.
    That blows! I hate planes and airports.
  • Options
    Cleaning up my back yard, a long winter and two well fed dogs..ugh !
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Cleaning up my back yard, a long winter and two well fed dogs..ugh !
    Dude I have a boat load of yard work. New house some where along the line of owners they put A LOT of money into landscaping. The previous owners didn't maintain, AWESOME for me.

If you wanna come help out there is smoked meat, bloody Mary's, scotch and bourbon in it for you.
  • Options
    Very generous offer.. wish I was there. Smoked meat and Bloody Mary's are usually all it takes, if you lived closer, I would already be there.
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    WORK !!!! Why can't I just win the powerball lotto, and retire to a nice warm beach somewhere.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Going into the bathroom to wash your hands then having to go piss after your hands are dry - resulting in two hand washes.
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Micro-managers... I love my job. I get to be inventive to solve many different manufacturing problems, just hate people who "know" just how I am to do my job and the best way for me to do it. /Rant-off
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    That friggin sucks!
    It must be something about the DEN airport .... you think they'd be used to operating in the snow & have some kind of plan to keep the planes moving ...

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Auto shops that are way to slow... I could have replaced the rear end on my truck in about 8 hours with couple buddies help AND lots of beer... shop has had it over a week... and am currently waiting because it was not ready at the intended time. The time they gave me at that... sumagun
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor customer service ....

(Rant mode: engaged)
    -----------------------
    Reordered checks with our new address on Mar. 12. Since the new address had to be confirmed with bank it said delivery may take 12-14 days, OK whatever.

Yesterday, 15 days later ... no checks.
    -------------------

Call check company, say WTF?
    Check company: We sent message to your bank for approval of new address, it has not been reviewed yet.
    Me: How long does that normally take, this is ridiculous.
    Check company: Usually 24-48 hours, please check with your bank - I will connect you to them.
    Me: Umm ok, not sure how this is now my responsibility but whatever. Can you at least expedite it now that it's taken so long.
    Check company: Yes certainly. Now please confirm the info with your bank....

(Transferred to Bank)

Bank lady: Oh yes, we see the request. It's strange no one has reviewed this yet, let me make sure all the information matches.
    Me: Uhhh WTF ok
    Bank lady: Yes it matches, I will approve this and get it processed.
    Me: Ok well will this be expedited since it's already taken so long?
    Bank lady: Yes, I will request that.
    Me: Ok cool thanks! This is a pain in the a$$ but glad it's resolved.

-------------------------
    Something just felt off today, figured I better call check company to make sure they got approval from bank. Just had a feeling someone f**ed up ...

Call check company
    Me: So what's up with my order? All ok? Shipping soon? Expedited like I requested?
    Check Company: Well yes it's approved and processing now. But it still has standard shipping.
    Me: Umm, no. Change that please. This is 2 days late already and I asked about it yesterday.
    Check company: Oh I don't have approval to do that. Your bank would need to approve any changes to the shipping method.
    Me: Uhhh ..... (almost speechless, I was so dumbfounded by these people's ineptitude)
    .... ok I'll call the bank

So I call the bank:
    Me: Repeat story from above, say WTF, starting to get p!ssed.
    (After a couple questions and various periods of being on hold for 5 minutes at a time)
    Bank lady: Well sir they're processing now and we can't change the order since it's being processed.
    Me: !?!??!?!!!!!! Are you serious !?!?!??!!!!!!
    Ok, hmm let's come up with a solution. Yesterday they said they'd expedite it, but now you're saying it will be another 5-7 days and you can't change the order now????
    How about... we cancel this order and re-order them with overnight shipping? Yes? Sounds good, that seems like a fair solution.
    Bank: I don't know if I can do that, let me speak with my manager.
    (On hold for 5 minutes) Sir, I need to get approval, can I call you back.
    Me: WTF, ok fine, whatever.

-----------------------------
    5 minutes later, phone rings:
    Bank: Well sir, I spoke with my manager and we can change the shipping option but it would be an additional cost to you for the overnight shipping.
    Me:
    (....jaw drops. I can't believe she just said that.)

Are you serious? This is the only solution? ....
    (Now I'm fvcking p!ssed --- poor customer service girl but I launch into a tirade about how it was their ineptitude that fvcked it up, it's two days past when they should have been here. I would have to wait another week to get the checks for the original standard shipping and now they want to charge me more $$ to receive them late!!!????
    Dafuq is this ****??? She got an earfull, sorry lady...not really though.)

Say if this is really the only option then to cancel the order, refund my money and I will be coming in this weekend to withdraw all my funds, close the accounts and switch banks. This is absolutely terrible customer service and the most asinine solution I have ever heard of.

Bank girl: Sir, let me check with a branch manager to see if they have another solution. May I call you back?
    Me: Yeah sure, whatever. But it better be by COB today because the accounts will be closed by then.

---------------------------
    5 minutes later, phone rings
    Bank girl: We can continue to process the order with standard shipping so you will receive your checks next week. And the branch manager will provide you with a book of checks, free of charge - they just won't have your name and address printed on them. You can use those in the time being. Will this work?
    Me: (think about it for a minute) Ask again if this was really the only solution.
    Bank girl: Yes
    Me: Sure, fine whatever. I will be stopping by after work to pick up the checks....

------------------------------------
    (Rant mode: power down)

Friggin idiots!
    I need to relax --- I need a cigar and some beers....

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Saturday I got a sunburn from wearing shorts outside all day for the first time this year. Today, I'm looking out the window watching it snow. Enough already.
  • Options
    jgibv:
    Poor customer service ....

(Rant mode: engaged)
    -----------------------
    Reordered checks with our new address on Mar. 12. Since the new address had to be confirmed with bank it said delivery may take 12-14 days, OK whatever.

Yesterday, 15 days later ... no checks.
    -------------------

Call check company, say WTF?
    Check company: We sent message to your bank for approval of new address, it has not been reviewed yet.
    Me: How long does that normally take, this is ridiculous.
    Check company: Usually 24-48 hours, please check with your bank - I will connect you to them.
    Me: Umm ok, not sure how this is now my responsibility but whatever. Can you at least expedite it now that it's taken so long.
    Check company: Yes certainly. Now please confirm the info with your bank....

(Transferred to Bank)

Bank lady: Oh yes, we see the request. It's strange no one has reviewed this yet, let me make sure all the information matches.
    Me: Uhhh WTF ok
    Bank lady: Yes it matches, I will approve this and get it processed.
    Me: Ok well will this be expedited since it's already taken so long?
    Bank lady: Yes, I will request that.
    Me: Ok cool thanks! This is a pain in the a$$ but glad it's resolved.

Something just felt off today, figured I better call check company to make sure they got approval from bank. Just had a feeling someone f**ed up ...

Call check company
    Me: So what's up with my order? All ok? Shipping soon? Expedited like I requested?
    Check Company: Well yes it's approved and processing now. But it still has standard shipping.
    Me: Umm, no. Change that please. This is 2 days late already and I asked about it yesterday.
    Check company: Oh I don't have approval to do that. Your bank would need to approve any changes to the shipping method.
    Me: Uhhh ..... (almost speechless, I was so dumbfounded by these people's ineptitude)
    .... ok I'll call the bank

So I call the bank:
    Me: Repeat story from above, say WTF, starting to get p!ssed.
    (After a couple questions and various periods of being on hold for 5 minutes at a time)
    Bank lady: Well sir they're processing now and we can't change the order since it's being processed.
    Me: !?!??!?!!!!!! Are you serious !?!?!??!!!!!!
    Ok, hmm let's come up with a solution. Yesterday they said they'd expedite it, but now you're saying it will be another 5-7 days and you can't change the order now????
    How about... we cancel this order and re-order them with overnight shipping? Yes? Sounds good, that seems like a fair solution.
    Bank: I don't know if I can do that, let me speak with my manager.
    (On hold for 5 minutes) Sir, I need to get approval, can I call you back.
    Me: WTF, ok fine, whatever.

-----------------------------
    5 minutes later, phone rings:
    Bank: Well sir, I spoke with my manager and we can change the shipping option but it would be an additional cost to you for the overnight shipping.
    Me:
    (....jaw drops. I can't believe she just said that.)

Are you serious? This is the only solution? ....
    (Now I'm fvcking p!ssed --- poor customer service girl but I launch into a tirade about how it was their ineptitude that fvcked it up, it's two days past when they should have been here. I would have to wait another week to get the checks for the original standard shipping and now they want to charge me more $$ to receive them late!!!????
    Dafuq is this ****??? She got an earfull, sorry lady...not really though.)

Say if this is really the only option then to cancel the order, refund my money and I will be coming in this weekend to withdraw all my funds, close the accounts and switch banks. This is absolutely terrible customer service and the most asinine solution I have ever heard of.

Bank girl: Sir, let me check with a branch manager to see if they have another solution. May I call you back?
    Me: Yeah sure, whatever. But it better be by COB today because the accounts will be closed by then.

---------------------------
    5 minutes later, phone rings
    Bank girl: We can continue to process the order with standard shipping so you will receive your checks next week. And the branch manager will provide you with a book of checks, free of charge - they just won't have your name and address printed on them. You can use those in the time being. Will this work?
    Me: (think about it for a minute) Ask again if this was really the only solution.
    Bank girl: Yes
    Me: Sure, fine whatever. I will be stopping by after work to pick up the checks....

------------------------------------
    (Rant mode: power down)

Friggin idiots!
    I need to relax --- I need a cigar and some beers....
    Geezus John sometimes I feel as though I will have the stroke for ya!