Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    ddubridge:
    Dandelions! I hate...hate...hate them!
    Drew, get yourself some of this ... Ortho Weed B Gon Max. (about $15/bottle)
    It hooks right up to your garden hose.
    http://www.scotts.com/smg/goprod/ortho-weed-b-gon-max-crabgrass-control-hose-sprayer/prod10001/

(It seemed like) We had more weeds than grass, dandelions everywhere. One treatment with this and it knocked everything out.
    Only downside is you have to stay off the grass (and keep pets off) for about 24 hours, until the spray dries.

Then a week or two later put down some Scotts Turf Builder. (about $40 for the huge bag) It will help stop new weeds from sprouting.
    http://www.scotts.com/smg/goprod/turf-builder-plus-2-weed-control/prod100064/

You rock Gibby.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to try that stuff. I just started using Scotts Weed & Feed and it works pretty well. Still have a few weeds sticking around though. This stuff might help eliminate them as well.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    If you can maneuver it and don't have your rear fender scratched to hell from backing into bushes, congratulations, you're probably in the 1% of truck owners I've seen on the road. I grew up on a farm and can see the reason for them out there, but in the suburbs of Florida? F8ck no, those things are a nuisance. Every damn pick up that gets behind me tries to ride my ass, whether it's the highway, a stop light, or the drive thru - annoying as f*ck.

FWIW, old skeeter didn't have a gunrack, but his truck was rusted in a ton of places, like around the wheel wells and doors and his fenders, like most every pickup here in Florida, was scratched up.
    Yep Macro! I feel your pain. I live in suburb of Jacksonville. Middleburg, FL. It's known to be a little more country and redneckish than the other suburbs around here but for Pete's Sake!!!! I was driving past a turning lane the other day and counted 15 trucks in a row. Granted a lot of construction guys live down in this area, but still. Think its a passage into adulthood around here. Graduate high school, get job, buy truck.

Not to preach too much. We have a small truck. It's a 4 cylinder, 2003 Sonoma. We use it for all kinds of stuff. Mainly furnishing our entire 5 bedroom house with stuff we get for free just for coming to pick it up.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Getting pulled over... i wasn't doing anything illegal, the cop thought i was smoking a blunt... it was a cigar... so i was nice and gave him a vigilante out of my herfador :D i got a good laugh out of that one.
  • Options
    This
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    This
    GAH, yep. Especially if it's a great cigar that you've smoked down that far.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    And when I'm really looking forward to trying a new cigar and the fvcker is plugged the whole way through. WTF.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Stepping on a rock and have it roll from under your foot.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    The damn college boys who hose themselves down with cheap ass cologne or body spray or whatever the hell in the gym locker room BEFORE working out. This is a gym a long ways away from campus so we shouldn't have to deal with it. Seriously, this kid the other day made the small locker room worse than the gas house in basic and i could taste that crap for an hour after i left!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Ernie Ball guitar strings.

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I'm with ya! I always end up behind this guy when I 'm on the bike.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Gear oil.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Knee pain.

I feel you on this one.
  • Options
    webmost:
    Rhamlin:
    I hate when my wife gets on my case when I'm laying out on the couch with my hand tucked in my pants. Hey it's just the 2 of us, it's not like I do it around company or my daughter. It's my junk I can hold it if I want to!
    Testify, my brother.

:-)
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    A flat tire. Especially while driving on a busy road with no shoulder, out in the country.

And then realizing I'm in the car that doesn't have a donut.

But, since we drive two of the same cars, my wife brought me her donut.

It needed air.

Cop came and helped direct traffic so I can get the car into a nearby driveway. Embarassing.

Called AAA in case the wife couldn't make it. They arrived just as I got the tire off. I should have let him get his hands dirty instead of me.

Hearing the cost of new tires. Ouch.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel:
    A flat tire. Especially while driving on a busy road with no shoulder, out in the country.

And then realizing I'm in the car that doesn't have a donut.

But, since we drive two of the same cars, my wife brought me her donut.

It needed air.

Cop came and helped direct traffic so I can get the car into a nearby driveway. Embarassing.

Called AAA in case the wife couldn't make it. They arrived just as I got the tire off. I should have let him get his hands dirty instead of me.

Hearing the cost of new tires. Ouch.
    ive gotten to where i buy a full size spare for anny vehicle i have, and i check it fairly often. in the last 4 years ive had 7 flats... and as to what im hating right now, my crappy cell phone, it has decided that i can text all i want and i can receive calls but i can't make them... looks like im making a trip to verizon today :/
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stress and pressure of FINALS! Ughh
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    The stress and pressure of FINALS! Ughh
    Get your learn on Shizz!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Getting flak from the woman for letting out a nice fart, once that makes you smile and giggle. Then catching her red handed doing S.B.D.'s and hearing, "But mine don't stink."
  • Options
    james40:
    Getting flak from the woman for letting out a nice fart, once that makes you smile and giggle. Then catching her red handed doing S.B.D.'s and hearing, "But mine don't stink."
    My wife and I have come to an agreement. She won't complain about her eyes burning if I don't complain about the noise waking me up. She's not silent, but she's odorless. I'm the one with the rank smell.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Having to rewrite an email several times because you're so pissed that you know if you send the first few drafts you'll probably get fired. Tired of dealing with manipulators.
  • Options
    james40:
    Having to rewrite an email several times because you're so pissed that you know if you send the first few drafts you'll probably get fired. Tired of dealing with manipulators.
    I know a guy who sent that first draft once...he got fired. And he didn't just send it; he sent it to the business-wide mass email list. He went down in a blaze of glory.

• Options
    Martel:
    james40:
    I know a guy who sent that first draft once...he got fired. And he didn't just send it; he sent it to the business-wide mass email list. He went down in a blaze of glory.
    My hero.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having only 2 nails left to finish installing the final piece of quarter-round in one of the bedrooms, and the nail gun "breaks" --- seems that an o-ring cracked/went bad.

S.O.B. !!!!!!
    Guess I'll be making a trip to home depot later ...

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    The splinter that is lodged in my finger and won't come out.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I hate parents that can't control their kids or that keep popping them out while not having the means to support them. I Freaking HATE IT! I think when a woman goes into the doctor for the first time and finds out they are carrying, should have to be means tested. If they fail then she needs to prove before delivery that the kid can be provided for or it goes to the state. That or something.
  • Options
    Rain:
    Martel:
    james40:
    My hero.
    I know a guy who did as well but didn't get fired. His apology email was funny. These emails were not sent company wide but we had a good laugh.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    james40:
    Rain:
    Martel:
    james40:
    My hero.
    I know a guy who did as well but didn't get fired. His apology email was funny. These emails were not sent company wide but we had a good laugh.
    I personally feel that the current climate is full of ****. Why? because you can't tell people the truth. Sure going off on a person probably isn't good but I mean having to actually choose certain words so you don't "offend" anyone is pathetic. There was a guy at my old work who sent out an email inviting some people to go bass fishing, but by accident sent it on to everyone. He got canned because of it. I thought it was BS.