Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Video commercials for 30 seconds before I can watch the video I just clicked on.
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    beatnic:
    Video commercials for 30 seconds before I can watch the video I just clicked on.
    This every single time. In addition to adds every 7 min when I watch shows online and adds that run for their length and an additional 30 sec encouraging you to click on them. Sure is a lot cheaper than paying for cable though.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the last drip from your bottle of scotch is gone, very sad.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    When the last drip from your bottle of scotch is gone, very sad.
    Indeed.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate that talking to my wife should come under the heading "Miranda Rights", anything I say can and will be used against me.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Overhearing words like furlough and pay decrease from down the hall... especially after our board of directors approved a 3% increase scheduled to begin July 1st.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Have a routine physical and find out that you have high cholesterol and ellevated liver enzymes!
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Having to watch commercials on a DVD I bought; I bought the damn thing, dammit, leave me alone with this crap!! It's even more annoying when you watch a DVD that's a few years old and see commercials for "Coming Soon" movies that you know turned out to be terrible
  • Options
    F*cking hate pickup trucks. hate, Hate, HATE them. Why? Because like a lot of SUV drivers they're driven by f*cking idiots who just like loud noises. Most never look to their right or left when merging on the highway, but the worst thing is that almost none of them have any F*CKING CLUE HOW BIG THEY ARE. They back into bushes and scratch the *** out of their rearends when parking, and they ride your ass and SCRATCHED UP MY F*CKING CAR - in a drive thru at McDonalds no less. Skeeter in his busted ass rust bucket couldn't wait 5 seconds for his chicken nuggets, had to ride my ass while parked in the drive thru line, pulling up close to my ass so no one would cut him in the line.

**** hate pickups.

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    F*cking hate pickup trucks. hate, Hate, HATE them. Why? Because like a lot of SUV drivers they're driven by f*cking idiots who just like loud noises. Most never look to their right or left when merging on the highway, but the worst thing is that almost none of them have any F*CKING CLUE HOW BIG THEY ARE. They back into bushes and scratch the *** out of their rearends when parking, and they ride your ass and SCRATCHED UP MY F*CKING CAR - in a drive thru at McDonalds no less. Skeeter in his busted ass rust bucket couldn't wait 5 seconds for his chicken nuggets, had to ride my ass while parked in the drive thru line, pulling up close to my ass so no one would cut him in the line.

**** hate pickups.

+1 I drive behind these tards all the time out here in the sticks...I call them ALL "Vern" just because...
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    xmacro:

**** hate pickups.

+1 I drive behind these tards all the time out here in the sticks...I call them ALL "Vern" just because...
    I almost got a great deal on a pickup last week...now I'm glad someone beat me to buying it! Some kid was graduating college and didn't want to move it cross-country. 2008 F150 with 80k for only $3k. For me, the key was that it has A/C, which one of my cars does not have at the moment. Oh, and I like to be called "Vern."

So, things I hate...I hate that my wife hates her job. Well, she likes her coworkers and boss for the most part, which is good, but the job bores her to death, and other departments hate her. It's a compliance thing. She's the nicest, most compassionate person in the world, but everyone thinks she's mean simply because she calls from the Compliance department. What do you expect people, her job is to make sure you do your job right. She tries to educate more than correct, but when you make the same mistakes over and over and your supervisor won't correct you, she kind of has to be the bad guy. But she'll correct you as nicely as she can. Give her some credit. And treat her like a person, not "the enemy".

I hate office politics and interdepartmental rivalries (on behalf of my wife).
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate when my wife gets on my case when I'm laying out on the couch with my hand tucked in my pants. Hey it's just the 2 of us, it's not like I do it around company or my daughter. It's my junk I can hold it if I want to!
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Not winning the lotto. If I ever win. Their will be some major bombing going on.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Loudmouth jerks who ruin everybody's good time.

I played in a charity golf tournament this weekend and this guy just kept running his mouth off about some stuff he knew nothing about. I tried to set him straight politely, and was asked if I would like to settle it in the parking lot. What a joke. I reminded him it was a charity event and told him to check his effin' attitude. He left. I hate a-holes.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    I hate when my wife gets on my case when I'm laying out on the couch with my hand tucked in my pants. Hey it's just the 2 of us, it's not like I do it around company or my daughter. It's my junk I can hold it if I want to!
    Testify, my brother.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Bigshizza:
    xmacro:

**** hate pickups.

I almost got a great deal on a pickup last week...now I'm glad someone beat me to buying it! Some kid was graduating college and didn't want to move it cross-country. 2008 F150 with 80k for only $3k. For me, the key was that it has A/C, which one of my cars does not have at the moment. Oh, and I like to be called "Vern."

I will always own one,,,,( or at least try to),,I love my truck and I know exactly how big it is and can out maneuver outdrive most folks driving smaller cars,,, One of the most versatile vehicles IMO,,, Definately a wokiin hard and playin hard vehicle,,,Jeesh,, talk about stereotyping,, what else is a guy gonna use for his Elk, and camping gear, and 2x4's, and sheetrock, and 2 cords of wood, and gravel, and to tow and stop 15k lbs. You get the idea !!! FWIW I think a person saying they hate trucks is a hangin offense in some states,, ...lol,,,,
    Sorry to hear bout your mishap,, curious did ol skeeter have a gunrack??? ;o)
    Heres a pic of my baby
    photo P1010212.jpg
    Friends
    photo 1031110851.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE2qN7A7Fk0
  • Options
    If you can maneuver it and don't have your rear fender scratched to hell from backing into bushes, congratulations, you're probably in the 1% of truck owners I've seen on the road. I grew up on a farm and can see the reason for them out there, but in the suburbs of Florida? F8ck no, those things are a nuisance. Every damn pick up that gets behind me tries to ride my ass, whether it's the highway, a stop light, or the drive thru - annoying as f*ck.

FWIW, old skeeter didn't have a gunrack, but his truck was rusted in a ton of places, like around the wheel wells and doors and his fenders, like most every pickup here in Florida, was scratched up.
  • Options
    xmacro:
    If you can maneuver it and don't have your rear fender scratched to hell from backing into bushes, congratulations, you're probably in the 1% of truck owners I've seen on the road. I grew up on a farm and can see the reason for them out there, but in the suburbs of Florida? F8ck no, those things are a nuisance. Every damn pick up that gets behind me tries to ride my ass, whether it's the highway, a stop light, or the drive thru - annoying as f*ck.

FWIW, old skeeter didn't have a gunrack, but his truck was rusted in a ton of places, like around the wheel wells and doors and his fenders, like most every pickup here in Florida, was scratched up.
    Just curious you dont happen to have bumpersticker on your car that says "I hate pickup trucks " do you??? ;o)
    Hmm got to be some building going on in the suburbs,, how bout the occasional rogue alligator/crocodile (cant remember which one is indigenous) that needs to be hauled off ???
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0YXPN3aFMQ
  • Options
    No, but I've got a Lifetime NRA member bumper sticker (which has gotten me out of a few tickets) back there and a 12 ga shotgun shell in the drink holder :) You'd figure skeeter would have a little respect

As for the gators, those SOBs are protected; can't shoot them unless they're threatening your life or property, in which case you can't keep the body unless it's hunting season and you've got the permits :p

EDIT: That song's freaking awesome!!

• Options
    xmacro:
    No, but I've got a Lifetime NRA member bumper sticker (which has gotten me out of a few tickets) back there and a 12 ga shotgun shell in the drink holder :) You'd figure skeeter would have a little respect

As for the gators, those SOBs are protected; can't shoot them unless they're threatening your life or property, in which case you can't keep the body unless it's hunting season and you've got the permits :p

EDIT: That song's freaking awesome!!

;o),,Thanks,, Yep I had me some gator before ,, good eatin, makes some good boots too,, Take care
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdwuihmzJuo
  • Options
    No argument there; taste like chicken and those boots are just badass.
  • Options
    xmacro:

+1 to that, x.
    If the car's too big for you to maneuver, then learn how to handle it or get a different vehicle.
    Never understood these people that got giant vehicles (trucks or otherwise) if they weren't going to use them for the intended purpose. Got a friend that bought a new, top of the line F-150 ... lives in the suburbs of Cincinnati and never hauls anything in the bed. Waste of $$ IMO.

But 'round here it's moms driving the 20 foot long, 15 seat capacity land yacht SUVs to haul their 1 kid to and from soccer practice. And they're auling a$$ through the 25MPH neighborhood streets, blowing through stop signs like it's Fallujah and they're dodging/outrunning small arms fire .... unreal.

Can't tell you how many times the wife, dog, and I have almost been squashed by these f*** tards.
    If I leave for work at the wrong time in the A.M. I can hardly get out of the driveway without one of these idiots almost t-boning me.

And trucks, don't mind them .... he11, the city division of electric building is on our street so lots of pick-ups and larger coming and going but they're work trucks!! And those guys know how to drive them and actually have a use for an F-350 crew cab ....

But WHY Sally needs a half-ton of steel and 130 cu ft of cargo volume powered by a V12 just to take Timmy to soccer practice is beyond me.....

• Options
    jgibv:
    xmacro:

But 'round here it's moms driving the 20 foot long, 15 seat capacity land yacht SUVs to haul their 1 kid to and from soccer practice. And they're auling a$$ through the 25MPH neighborhood streets, blowing through stop signs like it's Fallujah and they're dodging/outrunning small arms fire .... unreal.

THATs Funny,, (not whats happening,,, but the way you put it) Hilarious
  • Options
    jgibv:
    xmacro:

Never understood these people that got giant vehicles (trucks or otherwise) if they weren't going to use them for the intended purpose. Got a friend that bought a new, top of the line F-150 ... lives in the suburbs of Cincinnati and never hauls anything in the bed. Waste of $$ IMO.

Suburbs of cincinatti???? Watch his house at night,, Oh he's using it alright,,can you say cash crop,,lmao
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Suburbs of cincinatti???? Watch his house at night,, Oh he's using it alright,,can you say cash crop,,lmao
    LOL...
    No, nothing shady about him --- straight shooter. He works for an investment/money management type company. But no idea why he needs a truck....

His dad's a contractor, runs a construction business --- so he has access to work trucks/trailers/etc if he'd ever need to haul something.

• Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    How my cars know the worst time to die on me. The rear end and ac bith went out in the jeep and i was hoping to move to florida in a few weeks... lucky **** me. Best of all it is going to DESTROY all of my savings and i might have to figure out a way to borrow some money to get it fixed since my jeep has an odd rearend.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    This is some messed up funny sh_it !!!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Knee pain.

• Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Dandelions! I hate...hate...hate them!
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    Dandelions! I hate...hate...hate them!
    Drew, get yourself some of this ... Ortho Weed B Gon Max. (about $15/bottle)
    It hooks right up to your garden hose.
    http://www.scotts.com/smg/goprod/ortho-weed-b-gon-max-crabgrass-control-hose-sprayer/prod10001/

(It seemed like) We had more weeds than grass, dandelions everywhere. One treatment with this and it knocked everything out.
    Only downside is you have to stay off the grass (and keep pets off) for about 24 hours, until the spray dries.

Then a week or two later put down some Scotts Turf Builder. (about $40 for the huge bag) It will help stop new weeds from sprouting.
    http://www.scotts.com/smg/goprod/turf-builder-plus-2-weed-control/prod100064/