Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Bob_Luken said:
    Mass shooting in a church and the media couldn't care less. 
    Usually they'd be all over this, non-stop like starving dogs.

It's a good thing for them we are all easily distracted by the Trump'ed up NFL crisis.  

I think the media folks really just want to be good teachers to us. But this Sudanese immigrant mass shooter story isn't useful for one of their teachable moments. They got nothin' to work with here. Class dismissed.

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/revealed-sunday-church-attack-first-mass-shooting-medias-not-interested

I watch and read a lot of news sources.
    TV, Internet and Radio.
    I refuse to watch cnn or msnbc.
    (I was in shock when reported elsewhere that cnn broke the story about manafort. That itself was a news story. http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/paul-manafort-government-wiretapped-fisa-russians/index.html)
    There are many ways to hide "truth" and both of these networks are laboring under the very bad assumption they know what is good for us, they know whats best and what is right unlike the deplorable and undereducated mainstream Americans like the rest of us.
    Not only do they not report the real news stories, they report and exaggerate and twist any story that can be made harmful to the sitting president.
    A bunch of rich, pampered 1%ers and elitists taking away one of the last and dwindling sources of escapism TV. 
    Between espn and some players there is now no reason for me to even care about football, and I don't tune in. I loved football, and the rivalry between friends and family was real. I have been to some awesome gatherings built around "the games". Not anymore.
    Go on talk shows, hell they are rich and could get their own shows.
    But they could not leave the games alone.
    Can't wait for the Olympics.
  • Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Ok people......1 ounce is legal in Colorado.
    3100 lbs.......not so much.

That curious phrase "street value" is always preceded by some preposterous number that would make Gurkha proud.
    I love you for that Gurkha line. Spot fricking on.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Добрый день! 
    Админ или модератор - простите за оффтоп! 
    Делаю пост по просьбе тёти, которая преподает в университете, но сейчас надолго уходит в декрет, т.е. нужна подработка. 
    Берет лишь ограниченное число студентов. Если кому-то вдруг нужна помощь по учебе, то вот тут сделал страничку на сайте 
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @webmost

I wish I could find the street they are talking about, I could retire a rich man years ago.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Добрый день! 
    Делаю пост по просьбе тёти, которая преподает в университете, но сейчас надолго уходит в декрет, т.е. нужна подработка. 
    Берет лишь ограниченное число студентов. Если кому-то вдруг нужна помощь по учебе, то вот тут сделал страничку на сайте 
    So, you're looking for a part-time job??  Translation follows....

Good afternoon!
    Admin or moderator - sorry for offtopic!
    I make a post at the request of my aunt, who teaches at the university, but now for a long time goes to the decree, i.e. need a part-time job.
    It takes only a limited number of students. If someone suddenly needs help with their studies, here he made a page on the site
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D jlmarta said:
    webmost said:
    Добрый день! 
    So, you're looking for a part-time job??  Translation follows....

Good afternoon!
    Admin or moderator - sorry for offtopic!
    I make a post at the request of my aunt, who teaches at the university, but now for a long time goes to the decree, i.e. need a part-time job.
    It takes only a limited number of students. If someone suddenly needs help with their studies, here he made a page on the site
    Get these all the time on LinkedIn. Now I know what they say.   :D
  • Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    http://nativeonline.us/2017/09/26/fbi-seizes-over-3000-penises-during-raid-at-morgue-employees-home/

"FBI agents made an astonishing discovery this morning while executing a search warrant at the residence of a Houston mortician: 3,178 embalmed human penises."
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's just weird...

As an aside, I find it humorous that female agents outnumbered male agents 5:2 in the article's photo.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/sep/26/playlist-of-the-lambs-psychopaths-prefer-rap-over-classical-music-study-shows

Those with highest psychopath scores were among the greatest fans of Blackstreet hit No Diggity, with Eminem’s Lose Yourself also rated highly

https://youtu.be/31fy8_8upHU
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    That is not easy to watch.
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    That is not easy to watch.
    And even harder to listen to.....
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, who likes Eminem’s Lose Yourself? In other words, who's the psychopath? 
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    Mass shooting in a church and the media couldn't care less. 
    Usually they'd be all over this, non-stop like starving dogs.

It's a good thing for them we are all easily distracted by the Trump'ed up NFL crisis.  

I think the media folks really just want to be good teachers to us. But this Sudanese immigrant mass shooter story isn't useful for one of their teachable moments. They got nothin' to work with here. Class dismissed.

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/revealed-sunday-church-attack-first-mass-shooting-medias-not-interested

I watch and read a lot of news sources.
    TV, Internet and Radio.
    I refuse to watch cnn or msnbc.
    (I was in shock when reported elsewhere that cnn broke the story about manafort. That itself was a news story. http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/paul-manafort-government-wiretapped-fisa-russians/index.html)
    There are many ways to hide "truth" and both of these networks are laboring under the very bad assumption they know what is good for us, they know whats best and what is right unlike the deplorable and undereducated mainstream Americans like the rest of us.
    Not only do they not report the real news stories, they report and exaggerate and twist any story that can be made harmful to the sitting president.
    A bunch of rich, pampered 1%ers and elitists taking away one of the last and dwindling sources of escapism TV. 
    Between espn and some players there is now no reason for me to even care about football, and I don't tune in. I loved football, and the rivalry between friends and family was real. I have been to some awesome gatherings built around "the games". Not anymore.
    Go on talk shows, hell they are rich and could get their own shows.
    But they could not leave the games alone.
    Can't wait for the Olympics.
    So.  I minister at a church of Christ.  I know people who are close to people shot, though I don't know any personally.

I think the NFL protest is a more important story.  I just wish we could talk about it in healthy ways.  We don't.

Re: mass shootings and the news.  I don't think this has anything to do with not fitting a narrative.  The simple fact is THIS YEAR, we've averaged 1.23 mass shootings per day in the USA.  How many of the 333 mass shootings in 2017 have you heard about?  Mass shootings are old news, instantly, unless there's some larger human interest to the story or they rise to a certain level of carnage.  The number of injured in this case is high for a mass shooting, but the single death is low.  The week before had a mass shooting with the same number injured but none killed in Chikasa, OK.  The day before that, one in Columbia, SC.  9/10 had one with 9 dead in Plano, TX.   Have any of them made the news, conservative or liberal?  

Oh, and sure the shooter in Antioch was an immigrant, but he was also a Christian and former attender of that particular congregation.  Methinks motive has nothing to do with immigration status, here.

Go Colts! (I've never watched the anthem for a game I didn't attend in person, anyway.)
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    85-degree heat prompts emergency alert in San Francisco

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/28/85-degree-heat-prompts-emergency-alert-in-san-francisco.html

San Francisco emergency alert over 85-degree 
    heat draws ire on Twitter

//www.sfgate.com/news/article/heat-wave-alert-San-Francisco-cell-phones-SFAlert-12232938.php

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be 85 here Christmas Day. California is such a fûcked up state.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Usaf06 said:
     :D Most Californians feel the same way about Florida - particularly those of us who've lived in Florida ... 
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Speakin' of music,......  In my own imaginary epilogue Billy Joe and Bobbie Sue are robbed and murdered in Mexico after their escape. Does that make me a psychopath?

https://youtu.be/Y7KjQrUVJ10

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are a psychopath @Bob_Luken
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Some aśshòle took a knee during taps at the toomb of the unknown soldier at Arlington. I would have liked to kick said aśśhòle in the teeth 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    jlmarta said:
    Usaf06 said:
     :D Most Californians feel the same way about Florida - particularly those of us who've lived in Florida ... 
    You get no argument from me about florida. But in this case I was referring to Cali
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Some aśshòle took a knee during taps at the toomb of the unknown soldier at Arlington. I would have liked to kick said aśśhòle in the teeth 

Was he kneeling in reverence or prayer or as he protesting something.
    If he was protesting, than I would agree with you. 
    But why would anyone be that big of a d0uche?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    He was not in prayer
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Woman fakes her own kidnapping, posts video of herself gagged, tied up online, police say

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/29/ohio-woman-gagged-herself-took-incriminating-photos-in-fake-kidnapping-police-say.html

I hope she gets thrown in prison.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sister in law (who knows about my CAS) was walking around Grand Rapids Michigan, saw this billboard in front of Grand River Cigar and sent my wife a photo.
    Absolutely brilliant! Every city should have a husband day care center! 

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options

• Options

This is the immigrant wife of a xenophobic white supremacist reading Doctor Seuss books to hospitalized children. She liked I like green eggs and ham so much she gave a dozen Seuss books to one elementary school in each state.

This is Liz Phipps Soeiro, the school librarian who rejected Melania's gift of Doctor Seuss books because Doctor Seuss is racist. No, really. She does not like I like green eggs and ham. Used to. Not since she found out the immigrant wife of a xenophobic white supremacist does.

... and here is Michelle reading Doctor Seuss to schoolchildren:

I guess she liked I like green eggs and ham too. Now the furor is:

Did Obama promote racist stereotypes?

This is what we worry about today. 
    Savanarola would be proud.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

She just frustrated, donchaknow....

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?