Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    i know it's still the holidays, but I'm still looking for a mystery mooch!
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I'll be your mooch...... I've never played before and don't have much of a palate, but I'm willing to give it a go....... PM sent.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    I'll be your mooch...... I've never played before and don't have much of a palate, but I'm willing to give it a go....... PM sent.
    Ok. That's great. I'm glad we're keeping this game alive. PM Sent
  • Options
    Anyone wanna be my mooch and keep this thing going?
  • Options
    Jdorais, sorry bro......... My first guess for stick "A" was El Legendario by Comacho. But I guess I'm wrong. Do I keep guessing till I get it? I was also thinking RP Edge..... Still wrong?
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    Jdorais, sorry bro......... My first guess for stick "A" was El Legendario by Comacho. But I guess I'm wrong. Do I keep guessing till I get it? I was also thinking RP Edge..... Still wrong?
    You don't have to keep guessing....just 1 is enough. So cigar A was an Idian Tabac Maduro TeePee. What did you think of it?
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    lilwing88:
    You don't have to keep guessing....just 1 is enough. So cigar A was an Idian Tabac Maduro TeePee. What did you think of it?
    Well, it was up there with the Edge and Comacho in terms of strength. I enjoyed it, thoroughly. It was peppery at first, but mellowed out and was smooth and leathery to the finish. Great smoke. I'll be adding it to my repertoire.
  • Options
    My guess for stick "B" is Oliva Serie O Maduro......... (drumroll please)
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    Good guess, but no. How about a Montecristo Media Noche.
  • Options
    Ooooooo. It was a good one. Very buttery and smooth. 0 for 2, damn. Maybe I'll get lucky on stick "C"..........
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    lilwing88:
    My last guess for stick "C" is RP Double Maduro.
  • Options
    Still no takers for being my mooch???????
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    Jdorais:
    lilwing88:
    Nope. Cigar C was a La Herencia Oscuro Toro. Pretty tasty huh?
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    lilwing88:
    Jdorais:
    lilwing88:
    Nope. Cigar C was a La Herencia Oscuro Toro. Pretty tasty huh?
    Very tasty, ineed. It was the best one of all. And only $60 for twenty...... that TOO is quite tasty. Thanks for the awesome smokes and for letting me play. I really enjoyed all three and learned alot about my palette and my preferences.
  • Options
    Hello? ...... anybody?............. Bueller?....... Who wants to play?
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Ok..upon urging from a certain friend, I'll bite. I haven't looked through the rules recently, but I guess I'll pm you my address...?
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Cool. PM me your addy. Also, tell me what you're into (what cigars, that is). I'll try to send some that you'll enjoy while you guess.

As far as the rules go, I just browsed the beggining posts to get the gist. Simply put, I send you 3 unlabeled sticks that I mark A,B, and C. You smoke 'em and guess what they are on this thread and I tell you if you're right or wrong. Then when you're done, ask someone else to play next. Cool?
  • Options
    Ok, so just checking in. I've got these sticks, as I mentioned in PM. I'm gonna try and get into em as soon as possible, but we've had some ridiculous weather lately so smoking on the patio is no dice..

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Cool. Let me know when you try the first one. Also, when you make your guess, describe the size of the cigar as best you can. I wrote down the cigars but didn't note the size, so I just wanna make sure I'm telling you the right one......
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    sounds interesting, and a way to get the palate rolling.
  • Options
    So, I just got through Cigar A, and I decided it was a good opportunity to write my first review, unbiased by brand or outside opinions...

Mystery Cigar A

Pre-light:
    Nice box-pressed robusto. Wrapper, milk chocolate in color, in mostly good condition, but cracked at the foot. Aroma is a little bit of hay, mostly a rich tone reminiscent of good chocolate. A lick of the cap gives a slight sweetness, increasing the sensation of rich chocolate. Draw seems loose, and has some hay to it, little bit of spice on the lips.

Light:
    The cracked foot led to some lighting difficulties, but I finally got a solid light. Initial draw was rather disappointing, considering the great pre-light; no major flavors, just a little punch at the mouth and some spice on the finish.

1st Third:
    Getting into the first third, and things are looking up a little. Solid draw with a little bit of resistance – just how I like it. Burn has been pretty sharp, typical of box-pressed cigars in my experience. Still no major flavors coming through, even with blowing through the nose. I can only recall maybe two sticks that have impressed me in the first third, however, so I'm not counting this stick out yet.

2nd Third:
    The second third has brought back the hay, and an actual chewy consistency to the smoke – it is a rather unique experience for me, but not something I would consider good or bad. I have noticed that this stick requires rather frequent puffing to stay fully lit – every 30 seconds or so - but that may be put down to the cold temperature in which I'm enjoying it. The body seems to be finally showing up here in the 2nd, and so far I would peg this as a medium stick. Coming to the end of the 2nd third, this has really plugged up, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get through the rest.

Final Third:
    With some work, and relight, I managed to get it going again. Going through this third, I am still unimpressed by this stick. The only thing I would say is that it definitely has some body, but I would still call it at a medium. At this point, I am merely smoking it to give it a fair shake. With more than an inch left, this stick is now in the ashtray.

Conclusion:
    I was glad for the learning experience of this stick, and the opportunity to review it unbiased, but that is all the value I put on this. My ratings, as I have thought of them to myself on every stick, consist of a 4 point system:
    1: Never smoke again
    2: Would smoke again as a second try, if someone gave me one.
    3: Would buy to smoke again.
    4: Would buy in bulk.
    I am tempted to consider this stick a 1, but because I will very rarely count a stick out on the first try, I give it a hesitant 2.

As far as a guess, I will say 5 Vegas Series A robusto...for no other reason than complete randomness.
    Photobucket

• Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Hays:
    So, I just got through Cigar A, and I decided it was a good opportunity to write my first review, unbiased by brand or outside opinions...

Mystery Cigar A

Pre-light:
    Nice box-pressed robusto. Wrapper, milk chocolate in color, in mostly good condition, but cracked at the foot. Aroma is a little bit of hay, mostly a rich tone reminiscent of good chocolate. A lick of the cap gives a slight sweetness, increasing the sensation of rich chocolate. Draw seems loose, and has some hay to it, little bit of spice on the lips.

Light:
    The cracked foot led to some lighting difficulties, but I finally got a solid light. Initial draw was rather disappointing, considering the great pre-light; no major flavors, just a little punch at the mouth and some spice on the finish.

1st Third:
    Getting into the first third, and things are looking up a little. Solid draw with a little bit of resistance – just how I like it. Burn has been pretty sharp, typical of box-pressed cigars in my experience. Still no major flavors coming through, even with blowing through the nose. I can only recall maybe two sticks that have impressed me in the first third, however, so I'm not counting this stick out yet.

2nd Third:
    The second third has brought back the hay, and an actual chewy consistency to the smoke – it is a rather unique experience for me, but not something I would consider good or bad. I have noticed that this stick requires rather frequent puffing to stay fully lit – every 30 seconds or so - but that may be put down to the cold temperature in which I'm enjoying it. The body seems to be finally showing up here in the 2nd, and so far I would peg this as a medium stick. Coming to the end of the 2nd third, this has really plugged up, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get through the rest.

Final Third:
    With some work, and relight, I managed to get it going again. Going through this third, I am still unimpressed by this stick. The only thing I would say is that it definitely has some body, but I would still call it at a medium. At this point, I am merely smoking it to give it a fair shake. With more than an inch left, this stick is now in the ashtray.

Conclusion:
    I was glad for the learning experience of this stick, and the opportunity to review it unbiased, but that is all the value I put on this. My ratings, as I have thought of them to myself on every stick, consist of a 4 point system:
    I am tempted to consider this stick a 1, but because I will very rarely count a stick out on the first try, I give it a hesitant 2.

As far as a guess, I will say 5 Vegas Series A robusto...for no other reason than complete randomness.
    Photobucket
    YOUR HIRED ! WHAT A FREAKING BREAKDOWN ON THIS STICK...... JUST FROM WHAT YOU DESCRIBED IMORE THAN LIKLEY WOULD PASS ON GIVING IT A TRY OR LETTING IT REST FOR A WHILE......... I Hope it is not a 5 Vegas Stick ive liked the ones I have had so Far! Well Done Hays!
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    YOUR HIRED ! WHAT A FREAKING BREAKDOWN ON THIS STICK...... JUST FROM WHAT YOU DESCRIBED IMORE THAN LIKLEY WOULD PASS ON GIVING IT A TRY OR LETTING IT REST FOR A WHILE......... I Hope it is not a 5 Vegas Stick ive liked the ones I have had so Far! Well Done Hays!
    LOL thanks for the input Oz. I don't really think it IS a 5 Vegas stick, because I too have loved every one I've tried; I just picked a random box-pressed stick because I have nothing else. I'm quite eager to find out what it was though.

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    5 Vegas does make the Series A in a box-pressed, but that's a limited release, not typically sold that way. Surprised you guessed that one, lol. Man I love the Series A, I really hope it wasn't the A that you smoked.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    TatuajeVI:
    5 Vegas does make the Series A in a box-pressed, but that's a limited release, not typically sold that way. Surprised you guessed that one, lol. Man I love the Series A, I really hope it wasn't the A that you smoked.
    Just wanted to jump in here. I know they also make the box-pressed gold & classic. I really liked the gold & classic in robo. but didn't care much for box pressed. Which is strange because I really like box pressed cigars. At any rate I didn't like them so don't be discouraged if it is Ozzie they are usually great go to inexpensive cigars.
  • Options
    Hays:

Mystery Cigar A

Pre-light:

Light:

1st Third:

2nd Third:

Final Third:

Conclusion:

Photobucket
    Wow. I wasn't expecting such a thorough review. Pretty impressive. Too bad you didn't enjoy this one. It's usually one of my favorites. Oh well, at least you're willing to give it another try.

It was an Oliva G Camaroon Box-pressed Robusto.
  • Options
    Hays:

Mystery Cigar A

Pre-light:

Light:

1st Third:

2nd Third:

Final Third:

Conclusion:

Photobucket

Dam Hays! You got some really big hands! Look at how that Churchill just lays in your palm.
  • Options
    nudienudie Posts: 112
    lilwing88:
    ... a poor review on a stick i was gonna buy a few of... a never(now rarely) turn down a cammy... this helped me avoid this stick .. i may look for a single for cheap to try on my own.... thanks for the review
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    nudie:
    lilwing88:
    ... a poor review on a stick i was gonna buy a few of... a never(now rarely) turn down a cammy... this helped me avoid this stick .. i may look for a single for cheap to try on my own.... thanks for the review
    They are relatively inexpensive sticks. I'd try one out, you may like it. I love the maduro Serie Gs.
  • Options
    nudienudie Posts: 112
    bbc020:
    nudie:
    lilwing88:
    They are relatively inexpensive sticks. I'd try one out, you may like it. I love the maduro Serie Gs.
    i had an 'O' and gifted an 'O' .. i did enjoy that