Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NorCalR1 said:
    Daily deal hasn’t changed 
    Now it has

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bride is up and you save a whole penny
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just finished double trenching the garlic bed in order to get rid of the English Ivy that invaded that part of the garden. I've added it to my short list of things I don't like (English Ivy, ticks, mice in the insulation of our old house, pushy customers with attitude of entitlement).
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget chiggers....They need hate too.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had a random Halloween thought. Why did the nickname The Shape never take off in the movies? Most know him as Michael Myers but I remember him being known as The Shape early on. Did they even call him that in the movies? I don't remember. 
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I swallowed a bug today.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    I just had a random Halloween thought. Why did the nickname The Shape never take off in the movies? Most know him as Michael Myers but I remember him being known as The Shape early on. Did they even call him that in the movies? I don't remember. 
    The Shape is what John Carpenter referred to Michael Myers as in the script. Throughout the movie you only see the outline of Michael lurking in the shadows, non descript and very much a "shape".

• Options
    BKDog said:
    I think I swallowed a bug today.
    Better than the other way round.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just eating and wondering what percentage Boveda would have saved these hamburger buns. I may have to experiment.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    https://www.researchgate.net/publication/259744863_The_Influence_of_Storage_Temperature_on_the_Bread_Quality

Humidity is a decisive parameter influencing the rate of staling and also influences the organoleptic characteristics. The maximum amount of moisture the crumb, according SR878/96 is 47 %. With as humidity of crumb decreases more, the bread becoming more crumbly, and cutting of slices will be harder. Humidity increases above the limit admitted increase the risk of developing microorganisms, and if it is above The maximum value allowed for fresh bread baked means that it was insufficient.

After performing experimental research found that the bread, no matter sort, is better preserved at room temperature in the first 24-48 hours. Based on this finding it is recommended that if immediate consumption bread to be preserved at room temperature, it will be stored in the refrigeration room only if the bread will be consumed after a longer period of the time of 3 days.

the first two days of storage at refrigerator temperature changes faster than bread stored at room temperature. This occurs because the bread at refrigerator temperature (below 4 ° C) the starch structure changing occurs that has the effect of modifying elasticity and porosity crumb. This change is accentuated due to moisture change no matter sort of bread and covered storage temperature.

On the third day the bread stored at room temperature changes are carried out faster than the bread stored by refrigeration. This can be seen in the graphics of all parameters studied.

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s official the Raiders are a complete $h1T Show. The team has completely given up on Gruden!

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain said:
    Finished school, which was the longest year of my life.
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely done. Congrats and thanks.....  
  • Options
    sending a deer tick off to college to be tested for a few diseases.
  • Options
    You can get a student loan for a deer tick?
  • Options
    U. Mass department of medical zoology has a tick testing program, $15 tells you if the tick is a carrier of one of four diseases/parasites.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Keeping the herf dog calm while my Wife cuts mats out of his fur.  Walked him first and had to carry him home so he's more willing to lay still and relax.  Enjoyed an Undercrown Corona on the walk.  He'll get a shower next.

My niece asked about borrowing our cone of shame for when she has her dog fixed.  They wanted over $12 for one at the animal hospital last night but we brought the other dog in with ours and saved a few dollars.  Just hoping our third dog will be fine for a while.
  • Options
    Spent  2 minutes pondering how to make an automatic coffee roaster, brewer, and delivery system.

• Options
    John, where would design the placement of the filter?
  • Options
    Hadn't thought about it THAT much. 

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got done with a two hour therapy/services session with the kiddo. It’s colder than a witch’s **** out so I’m going to have an Old Rasputin instead of a cigar. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cut about a dozen 4 to 6 inch Black Locust trees today. Spent a hour digging thorns out of my paws. 
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cut about a dozen 4 to 6 inch Black Locust trees today. Spent a hour digging thorns out of my paws. 
    Since you have the experience, how would you like to remove about 50 of them? Would feed you and give you a place to sleep.
  • Options
    reading a proto-Daoist Chinese classic authored c300 BCE, Zhuangzi “Inner Chapters”
    https://ratmachines.com/philosophy/chuang-tzu-legge/chapter-1