Home Non Cigar Related

CCom Fitness Thread

Comments

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well gettin back at it...the 9 days in the hospital really fvcked things up...Haven’t hit the gym in about 2.5 weeks slowly ascending from hell literally! 

Just slammed some preworkout! Dear lord I feel like I can fly! 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    Here’s the results of hard work! Keep lifting, keep pushing harder, never fvcking quit damnit!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh hey, a fitness thread!  Surprised by this forum every day.  Trying to get to ~200lbs myself before Christmas.  Mainly just changing my diet as I already workout 6-7 days a week.
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
    @Hawkeye, Ya this is are fitness thread. Lots of people with a lot of different goals on here. Gonna stay healthy so to keep smoking cigars. I was down to 206 but back up to 212 or so, which is fine as long as the gainz keep coming.
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep up the work @TX98Z28
    progress is progress no matter how small. 
    Ive been grinding at the gym myself everyday at 4am. Hoping to get to 220 by February ( I’m 6’4)

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

@NorCalR1, Thanks man! Ya I’m about 20% complete of where I want to be, got a long way to go though. Having 17” arms again is cool and everything but I’d take more fat loss over arms currently. Been having problems after getting out of the hospital but things are getting better.
    Keep grinding man! Slinging metal at 4AM is brutal! 220 @ 6’4 a great goal, bet your getting leaned out ripped up.
    edited December 2018
    I feel you, I work out at 5am myself because I always find an excuse not to if I want until after work.  I am loosely following a Michael Matthews program right now, keeping track of my 1RM as I don't want to lose much strength while I am trying to slim down.

edit:  I originally thought this thread was going to be about how you're fitness new box of cigars in your already full coolidor.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be getting a workout soon trying to Tetris the boxes I ordered into my weather tight bin.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This 72 year old spent a hour at the gym this AM. The hardest part was navigating the black ice in the parking lot. The best part was my cigar afterwards.
    Still keeping this thread alive! Evening run kicked my @ss but think this is a new record, weight back up to solid 220.

@TX98Z28 I’ve been keeping up with the training but falling off on the posts... Great work way to keep pushing through the new year 

Two miles in this morning as it is might light/recovery day. 

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    Here’s the results of hard work! Keep lifting, keep pushing harder, never fvcking quit damnit!

You look pretty fit to me, but I'm a #150 geezer, so it's all relative I guess.
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, what I meant when I said "sugar is great for a fat man" is that my a1c was really good.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About to walk in to doc office to find out what shoulder surgery I need now. Dammit. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    Keep on truckin guys! I got to get surgery to @skydiverD...Got to get some gynecomastia removed...its bad... don't even know how I got it. Might as well run some gear as gyno doesn't matter at this point, there goes $8000 for surgery... 
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: Jan 2nd I weighed in at 331. Even at 6'3.5" that is Fat. Started my typical diet, cutting carbs, sugars, fried stuff, out of the diet, tracking my calories, and started walking. As of yesterday I weighed in at the 219 range not bad for 2 weeks. However, on Monday the 14th I got Dizzy at Work and about 30 minutes later I had a pain in my left upper chest area. The dizzy did not go away, I took and aspirin, after a bit felt better, but still not good. Trip to the er, and overnight stay in the hospital, 1 stress test, and 1 arterial gram later, found that I did not have any blockages. I did have elevate heart enzymes that when back to normal, my Blood Pressure was all over the place, and heart rate was jumping a lot. Good news I am Home. Great news, nothing too serious, sugar is great for a fat man, no blockages, so basically need to keep loosing weight, and exercise, exercise and exercise.  It was a good wake up call. 
    Glad to hear your dizzy/pain spell turned out to not be serious. 
    Also the weight loss, but I presume you made a typo when you said you dropped from 331 to 219 in 2 weeks, lol.
    Yes @silvermouse typo or wishful thinking. 319  
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes @silvermouse typo or wishful thinking. 319  
    Still a fantastic first step! That first push was the hardest for me. Once it starts coming off it keeps getting easier.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Thanks for the encouragement @Wylaff
    Ok, it has been a good week, finished off with 3 lbs down, and 3 miles hiking on the trail. Went to the Dr. this week, the long and short of it, BP was through the roof when I went into the Hospital, and there is a section in my heart where the blood is not flowing correctly, but no blockages. Long and short of it, exercise 3 days a week at least, take BP medicine, and loose weight. So keep doing what I have been doing. For a while I will keep having chest pains and dizzy spells.  Fitness, Fitness, Fitness; Oh and hand me another stick, lol.
    @TNBigfoot68, Keep on truckin! Good progress!
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still hitting the gym three days a week. 1/2 hour cardio and 1/2 hour on the machines and free weights.All the women at the gym are rigged tightly.
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slowly easing back into working out.  Cortisone injection into shoulder helped a lot.  MRI shows no real damage so therapy and anti inflammatories.  I should own stock in Advil......  
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    Started a new workout yesterday to try and up my cardio a bit and definitely feeling it and I'm 2 workouts in.  500 kettle bell swings a day mixed with some power lifts.  The goal is to get 10,000 swings in 4 weeks.
    Still headed in the right direction, have lost 20 lbs since Jan 2, and continuing to walk.  Lady week almost 12 miles walking.  
    Feb 28, I am down 27 lbs, and had a great workout tonight cranking up the incline on the treadmill.