Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel said:
    Working at my desk upstairs in my studio this AM. Lets see all the 2018 bank statements in one pile, all the propane, electric, kerosine, and firewood receipts in another. All the paid invoices in another pile. Up coming exhibits in a folder, etc, etc,. Only saving grace is the stogie I'm burning while doing all this shi----
    And here, I had this image in my head of you chopping all the wood you burn...it gave me hope for growing older.
    Martel, I cut and split all the firewood for my studio about two cords a year. For the house I buy precut and split wood. The house takes about two cords also. I have a friend who works on the Blue Ridge Parkway and who calls me when there are trees down. I clean up them trees. I used buy a dump truck load of logs but I'm slowing down a bit.My chain saws are always sharp though. 
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked up a lot of sticks out in the yard.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having my broken sliding glass door replaced, finally.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to the dentist to get a cavity filled today. So they don't even numb you and use a drill anymore. They used a laser. I guess I should never be surprised by technology. 
    My dentist........

• Options

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    I can see Peru.... but the Bahamas for a school trip?  What kind of school is this?!?

Aside from study abroad... I got to go nowhere.
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Hawkeye said:
    I can see Peru.... but the Bahamas for a school trip?  What kind of school is this?!?

Music department.  They've been asked to perform on a cruise and at Disney.

But we saw your point and wouldn't pay for this one.  She had to figure it out.

Peru is for Spanish.  It cost a lot.  So she has to pay for it, too, but we helped some and fronted other payments for her.  This summer, we won't see her much as she'll pretty much have to work all the time!  Gotta pay back the 'rents!

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    My oldest is studying abroad in Prague for a month and later will be taking a trip to Japan.  She's having a good time and asked me about which tobacco shop in Prague she should visit for me.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just packed 40 cigars for an 8 day/9 night trip. Bringing some of my most prized cigars to smoke on the beach. I'm very excited. 
    Have a great trip
  • Options
    Have a good and relaxing time!
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bon voyage

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leaving for 2 weeks in Medina Ohio. At least it’s nice and warm up there. 
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch for crabs........On the beach. Nasty little buggers.
  • Options
    finally got my winter solstice haircut.
  • Options
    HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    Martel said:
    Hawkeye said:

Music department.  They've been asked to perform on a cruise and at Disney.

But we saw your point and wouldn't pay for this one.  She had to figure it out.

Peru is for Spanish.  It cost a lot.  So she has to pay for it, too, but we helped some and fronted other payments for her.  This summer, we won't see her much as she'll pretty much have to work all the time!  Gotta pay back the 'rents!

My wife is a spanish teacher so I go on the EF tours with her and her classes.  Those trips are actually pretty good, even if they are a tad pricey.  Went to Spain this year and heading to Honduras and the Galapagos islands in 2020 :)
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I break all the rules. I made a meal with hamburger helper but I used veal. ;)
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    dealing with a dripping, rusted out water heater, hoping it doesn't blow before it's replaced....
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Driving in a Sandstorm today. Gonna do my best impression of Mad Max Fury Road
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just cleaned the air cleaner with Clorox Disinfecting Wipes with Micro-Scrubbers.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    finally got my winter solstice haircut.
    ..completely forgot...
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just spent 2 hours rotating stock in coolers and recharging Boveda spares. 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started up my truck this AM and the truck told me my right rear tire was low. It was 2 degrees out. Went into my studio and cranked up my compressor to fill my air tank. Got the tank to 100 lbs and went outside to attend the tire. It was so cold I lost feeling in my fingers and had to get plyers to get the valve cover off the tire. The tire went up and the light went off. It's really cold in these NC mountains.