Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate being so sick that you think you might die, then being so sick, you are afraid you won't die.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds rough, Tony.  Might need to seek medical attention?  Usually I joke around a lot and tend to think everything is funny, but sometimes things get serious.  I tried to get my wife to go to the ER every day for 4 days before she died.  "No!  It's just a stomach bug.  I'll be alright." 

Just sayin', don't know what's up with you or anything, so maybe it's not that serious, but I've learned that when I get "that feeling", it's best to speak up.  

Hope you're better soon.  @0patience
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Thanks @Amos_Umwhat
    I have asthma and when I catch colds, it plays hell with my chest.
    And I was out of the correct meds for it and the pharmacy here had to order it.
    So, nebulizer treatments were the only way to keep it at bay until I got the correct meds.
    Momma picked up the correct meds this afternoon, so hopefully by tonight it will kick in and I'll be feeling better.

Colds and flu are an asthmatics worst nightmare.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    OK, at least I feel better already!   :)

Not asthmatic, but I've had pneumonia a total of 9 times in my life.  The last time it was both viral and bacterial that I caught from 2 different patients, ended up out of work for 9 weeks, and the pulmonologist was leaning towards putting me on a ventilator.  So, literally, I've felt your pain.  Better times ahead!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Thanks @Amos_Umwhat
    I have asthma and when I catch colds, it plays hell with my chest.
    And I was out of the correct meds for it and the pharmacy here had to order it.
    So, nebulizer treatments were the only way to keep it at bay until I got the correct meds.
    Momma picked up the correct meds this afternoon, so hopefully by tonight it will kick in and I'll be feeling better.

Colds and flu are an asthmatics worst nightmare.
    my wife went through this, asthma and the chest cold, trip to the urgent care clinic, nebulizer, meds;  took her weeks to get back to normal. No fun. Hope you are feeling better soon.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feel better, Tony!
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should all bomb Tony to cheer him up. 😁 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    We should all bomb Tony to cheer him up. 😁 
    I'm feeling better already @peter4jc
    No need for any of that. 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope you're feeling better soon. I've had chronic bronchitis and it's no fun. Get better brother.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rolling out on a 6 hour run at 1700.
  • Options
    TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other people's voices 😜
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Waiting for a 40 gallon hot water tank to drain through a 1/4 inch drain fitting.   For the third time.   Because of course the seep doesn't show itself until the blastedthing is full.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    Waiting for a 40 gallon hot water tank to drain through a 1/4 inch drain fitting.   For the third time.   Because of course the seep doesn't show itself until the blastedthing is full.
    I will be replacing one of those for my girlfriend today.  Hope it drains quicker than that.  

• Options
    Finding out that I may have tore the meniscus tendon in my knee. Don't get the MRI until Wednesday and then see the Ortho on Friday. Then I'll find out if I need surgery. So all I can do is smoke cigars and drink alcohol. LOL
  • Options
    Sleddog46 said:
    All I can do is smoke cigars and drink alcohol. LOL

Can I get a prescription for that?
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    Sleddog46 said:
    All I can do is smoke cigars and drink alcohol. LOL

Can I get a prescription for that?
    Sure, but first you have to tear your knee up.
  • Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Understand the problem...unfortunately my knee is on hold since I just started a new job and can't take off work right now...but, cigars and some quality craft beer have helped!
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This. I still hate this.
    https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/900189/cant-see-who-wtfd-or-disagreed

And I hate that if you post in that thread, it doesn't pop back up to the top of "recent discussions". It's almost like like one of our phantom admin read that thread and didn't want any further attention on the subject. Surely they wouldn't do that. Would they?  

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Also I hate Facebook, and every other site I visit, for trying to sell me these pants, or some other version of waterproof-breathable indestructible adventure pants, or tactical pants. Ugh! I only clicked on them ONE TIME out of curiosity, and now these pop up ads haunt me 24/7.

I bet ya can't ash on them without a big melted hole as the result. 

Image may contain text
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use a browser that doesn't track your history such as duckduckgo.com 
  • Options
    Bob_Luken said:
    This. I still hate this.

And I hate that if you post in that thread, it doesn't pop back up to the top of "recent discussions". It's almost like like one of our phantom admin read that thread and didn't want any further attention on the subject. Surely they wouldn't do that. Would they?  

After reading a bit of what Chris posted about the vanilla forums reaction settings, I think I was wrong about the admins burying this thread on purpose. Calvin asked for disagrees and WTFs. Those are considered negative reactions, and because he got enough of those reactions, I'm pretty sure it automatically disallows a thread from being brought back to the top of the recent discussions list.  

I am still not happy with the change and I will still gripe about it. 

If any members asked for these changes, I would like to discuss it with you. Maybe you can point out any advantages I may not realize on my own. Send me a PM. I will respect and guard your anonymity if you wish. 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Also I hate Facebook, and every other site I visit, for trying to sell me these pants, or some other version of waterproof-breathable indestructible adventure pants, or tactical pants. Ugh! I only clicked on them ONE TIME out of curiosity, and now these pop up ads haunt me 24/7.

I bet ya can't ash on them without a big melted hole as the result. 

Image may contain text
    You may have only clicked on them once, but google and facebook "saw" you kayaking on that lazy river...  just sayin'.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Bob_Luken said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    This. I still hate this.

After reading a bit of what Chris posted about the vanilla forums reaction settings, I think I was wrong about the admins burying this thread on purpose. Calvin asked for disagrees and WTFs. Those are considered negative reactions, and because he got enough of those reactions, I'm pretty sure it automatically disallows a thread from being brought back to the top of the recent discussions list.  

I am still not happy with the change and I will still gripe about it. 

If any members asked for these changes, I would like to discuss it with you. Maybe you can point out any advantages I may not realize on my own. Send me a PM. I will respect and guard your anonymity if you wish. 

I think you may be right about the thread not showing up on recent discussions based on the negative feedback that it received.

I'm wondering, since the forum software is hosted on the cloud, if the change may be just the result of a Vanilla hosted upgrade that may have changed the default settings for these reaction categories without anyone going into the admin console and making the changes. I mean, someone could have gone in and changed the settings, but maybe they didn't. 

Is anyone active on another forum hosted by Vanilla that could give us a baseline to see if these changes are seen at other sites?
  • Options
    Well,I just found out that I did tear the meniscus in my knee and need to have surgery. 
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    Well,I just found out that I did tear the meniscus in my knee and need to have surgery. 
    Sorry to hear that. At least nowadays they can fix it. I hope all goes well and you are back on your feet soon.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    The taste in my mouth after an all-nighter 🤢
  • Options
    I hate going to the dealer for a new car.
    Nothing about the whole thing is any fun.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    I hate going to the dealer for a new car.
    Nothing about the whole thing is any fun.
    Why buy new?  The minute your tires hit the street you’ve just lost about 20%. There are extremely low-mileage vehicles for sale. You just have to do a little looking. Let someone else take that 20% loss.....  

So sayeth The Oldfart......  🤐