Home General Discussion

Milwaukee Herf O' Excellence 2020

peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
All I have to do is get up that Friday.  But some of you have to buy plane tickets and schedule vacation time.  Knowing that any given weekend will be great for some and bad for others, let's start with June 19-21.  Post your thoughts, and in a week or two, we'll make it official.  Thanks!
"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

Comments

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    At this time, I'm not scheduled to work that weekend or the next. If I was, I wouldn't.

I'll be there.
    Post edited by IndustMech on

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm scheduled on call that weekend...   off the following one tho.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm planning on being in Detroit until the 16th. I could hand around and fly over to MIL on the 19th. Hanging around two week is a bit much. 
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could stay by me for the difference if you want.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Damn decent of you Sir. I'm actually going to Toronto for a RUSH convention but fly into and out of Detroit because it's my hometown. So I'll stay in Detroit and visit old friends. I appreciate the offer brother.
    Of course it all depends on how I'm doing at the time healthwise.

Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those dates are good for me just looking at flights now. May come in Thursday 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...can't come early unless you bring the missus.  <wink>
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    ...can't come early unless you bring the missus.  <wink>
    Flying into Chicago Thursday over to Mil on Friday to damn expensive to fly direct to Mil 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before any 1st-timers start booking hotels, let's assume that the veteran MKE-herfers will be booking a house to rent for the weekend.
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    19-21 works for me. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too short of notice......

I'll see if I can fit it into the schedule, but next time, give me more advance notice. :D
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    skydiverD said:
    Too short of notice......

I'll see if I can fit it into the schedule, but next time, give me more advance notice. :D
    Might have been intentional on their part... just saying!
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Before any 1st-timers start booking hotels, let's assume that the veteran MKE-herfers will be booking a house to rent for the weekend.

I'll scope this out once we have a firm date.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping I can make either weekend. If you're asking us for preference, mine would be the following weekend, 26-28 because I'm 90% certain I'll already be off work that weekend. I probably could be able to schedule off for 19-21 but not as certain. 

Last year I believe my preference was accommodated at the expense of @CharlieHeis And, if I recall correctly, he almost didn't make it. He did make it but had to drive nonstop long distance after working a full day. I felt bad. I feel bad now expressing a preference.  
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of right now we are in. 
    edited December 2019
    Anyone flying into ohare hit me up.  I will probably be hosting the Thursday before again and can pick people up from the airport, and put people up at my house.  Two years ago it got pretty epic.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Patrick is hosting Thursday night, I'll stop by after work, but probably won't stay long...

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm definitely going to be there Saturday and Sunday, but Thursday and/or Friday are up in the air as of now. 
    If Patrick is hosting Thursday night, I'll stop by after work, but probably won't stay long...
    Pretty sure that's what you said the last time; then like everyone else, slept on a couch.
    MOW badge received.
    Better than driving away from a herf where Patrick's pouring.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Bob_Luken said:
    Hoping I can make either weekend. If you're asking us for preference, mine would be the following weekend, 26-28 because I'm 90% certain I'll already be off work that weekend. I probably could be able to schedule off for 19-21 but not as certain. 

Last year I believe my preference was accommodated at the expense of @CharlieHeis And, if I recall correctly, he almost didn't make it. He did make it but had to drive nonstop long distance after working a full day. I felt bad. I feel bad now expressing a preference.  
    As I stated on the vherf recently when it was brought up, I think that weekend will work better than last year. It's too early to tell for sure, of course. The first weekend would work better but the second weekend should be ok.

Edit: if you're tallying votes count me as neutral. 
    Post edited by CharlieHeis on
    edited December 2019
    Second weekend works better for me, June 26-28th. I have a monthly customer meeting on the previous Friday.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I look forward to this all year. 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks like a great time.  Wish I could crash it. 

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't know for sure until spring when I have my son's baseball schedule. I should be able you show up 1 day for sure and hopefully the entire weekend.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    Have we picked a date yet?

Awesome, Really looking forward to it again this year.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That rocks!  I'll start looking at flights and vacation dates.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is my family vacation, just like last year. I will hopefully make it Friday for awhile but will have to play that by ear. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White