Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the time my younger brother decided to
    bake cookies (flour and water only) on a fiberglass tray @500f.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the edit @peter4jc , about halfway through the 2nd paragraph I was thinking "No, no, put it in hot water!"  John beat me to it.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing your story Peter. I found it quite interesting.
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I kind of freaked out when I read it...

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

This is the end result, a good quart of yummy goodness w/ plenty of Curcumin and CoQ10.  And not curcumin stains on me or the kitchen; that's a small miracle as that stuff will turn anything yellow and it's a **** to get the stains out.  The other glitch was that curcumin must be heavier than CoQ10 and it wanted to settle to the bottom, so until it set up I had to stir it every 5 or 10 min.  Hopefully, starting back up on the CoQ10 alleviates the recent spat of low energy and fatigue.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    be aware that the bioavailability of oral dose curcurmin is extremely low. I've read that adding piperine (black pepper is a source) increases absorption significantly:\

Influence of piperine on the pharmacokinetics of curcumin in animals and human volunteers.

Abstract

The medicinal properties of curcumin obtained from Curcuma longa L. cannot be utilised because of poor bioavailability due to its rapid metabolism in the liver and intestinal wall. In this study, the effect of combining piperine, a known inhibitor of hepatic and intestinal glucuronidation, was evaluated on the bioavailability of curcumin in rats and healthy human volunteers. When curcumin was given alone, in the dose 2 g/kg to rats, moderate serum concentrations were achieved over a period of 4 h. Concomitant administration of piperine 20 mg/kg increased the serum concentration of curcumin for a short period of 1-2 h post drug. Time to maximum was significantly increased (P < 0.02) while elimination half life and clearance significantly decreased (P < 0.02), and the bioavailability was increased by 154%. On the other hand in humans after a dose of 2 g curcumin alone, serum levels were either undetectable or very low. Concomitant administration of piperine 20 mg produced much higher concentrations from 0.25 to 1 h post drug (P < 0.01 at 0.25 and 0.5 h; P < 0.001 at 1 h), the increase in bioavailability was 2000%. The study shows that in the dosages used, piperine enhances the serum concentration, extent of absorption and bioavailability of curcumin in both rats and humans with no adverse effects.

Recent Developments in Delivery, Bioavailability, Absorption and Metabolism of Curcumin: the Golden Pigment from Golden Spice
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3918523/
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do Habaneros or ghost peppers affect it?
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    capcaisin and piperine are different. I don't know the benefits of the former in relation to tumeric powder.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:

This is the end result, a good quart of yummy goodness w/ plenty of Curcumin and CoQ10.  And not curcumin stains on me or the kitchen; that's a small miracle as that stuff will turn anything yellow and it's a **** to get the stains out.  The other glitch was that curcumin must be heavier than CoQ10 and it wanted to settle to the bottom, so until it set up I had to stir it every 5 or 10 min.  Hopefully, starting back up on the CoQ10 alleviates the recent spat of low energy and fatigue.
    When did this low energy and fatigue start? Are you taking a statin?  
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    TX98Z28 said:

The fatigue has been a gradual onset for the most part.  There were a few days last week where it was accompanied by a shortness of breath after mild exertion, and that was what was concerning me.  I was warned a year ago that fatigue was an accepted side-effect of beta-blockers, so me now feeling like I'm 65 is normal.  Up until 18mos. ago I felt like I was 55; now I don't even feel like 65 until after a couple of cups of coffee.
    And yes, 80mg of Atorvastatin, once a day.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    TX98Z28 said:

The fatigue has been a gradual onset for the most part.  There were a few days last week where it was accompanied by a shortness of breath after mild exertion, and that was what was concerning me.  I was warned a year ago that fatigue was an accepted side-effect of beta-blockers, so me now feeling like I'm 65 is normal.  Up until 18mos. ago I felt like I was 55; now I don't even feel like 65 until after a couple of cups of coffee.
    And yes, 80mg of Atorvastatin, once a day.
    Hmmm could very well be the high dose of the statin. 80mg is a lot for Lipitor, highest dose they make I believe. The shortness of breath is concerning to me. I just started Crestor 5mg, hoping it kicks the LDL down without to many side effects.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Cleaned out my fountain pen.
  • Options
    Day three of jury duty selection. They randomly picked me as juror #1. They haven't released anyone yet. Looks like this would involve most of February.
  • Options
    I wish silver and gold was magnetic.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I wish silver and gold was magnetic.

Just pour some quicksilver under the bench :D 

I got the shop vac out and cleaned under some benches I haven't dealt with for years. I found a file handle, a nice drawing compass I lost a couple of years ago, a rat tail file I lost last year, a couple of drill bits, lots of wood shavings and bits of sand paper and dust. I'm going to stick my big magnet under the rest of the benches and see what treasure I can turn up.

All those files under there makes it sound like your rodents are making a break for it.
  • Options
    picked up a couple of B tanks of acetylene. 
  • Options
    Went for a walk, and then had 3 propane tanks filled, $51.
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changing 4 main tires on the King Air.  Got all 4 off and the bad tires off the wheels, just waiting for new tires to show up.   
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...