Options

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Bumping this one up to the top.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Talked to Oz today - he said he'd be getting to Cigar C today or tomorrow...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    nudienudie Posts: 112
    good... cause i wanna jump on this mystery game train
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    ok guys, im sure its not every day that someone in this Game sits down and smokes the Final Mystery Stick with the Man that Gifted you into the game but thats what Happened today. BOTL Hays came over and we sat out in my Back Gardens and Relaxed on a 70 Degree Day In northern California. Life is good. except the blackberry taking a crap tonight and losing all my data! Thank god for Back up and Restore but I lost several applications... WTF Mystery Stick C A fine looking Maduro Wrapped Torpedo, Dark and veiny, great taste to the lips of leather and chocolate. Nice light , great burn. First 1/4 had some good smoke with woody, Leathery dark chocolate flavors, and that basically stayed with this stick throughout..... No real surprises... Just a good Smoke............. I would smoke this again for sure. Not real sure about what it is, Could be this or could be that, maybe those..... How about an........... Ashton Aged Maduro... Ok its up for Grabs...... NEXT?
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    a 70 Degree Day In northern California
    I'm so so so jealous. I forgot what 70 degrees feels like!
  • Options
    Great review brother! And it was good times kickin back with ya yesterday - thanks for the hospitality! Not a bad guess at all, but you were aiming high. What you smoked was a Graycliff 1666 torpedo, one of my favorite sticks. Great play on the game man! Hope you enjoyed the smokes.

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    I wanna play... lets see how this rookie palate can handle the pressure
  • Options
    nudie:
    I wanna play... lets see how this rookie palate can handle the pressure
    its on you Nudie PM me your Mailing Info and Ill ship out the next three and we will keep this ball rolling! Rock on
  • Options
    PM sent
  • Options
    Nudie is Up! he grabbed up the Mystery Stick Game and the Sticks are on the way! Shipped them today! Good Luck NUDIE!
  • Options
    Got the sticks today... gonna go for A tonight... review up after that.... to speed this up, who wants my mystery sticks sent to them while i review these??
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    nudie:
    Got the sticks today... gonna go for A tonight... review up after that.... to speed this up, who wants my mystery sticks sent to them while i review these??
    I am your guy, nudie. Send them my way.
  • Options
    nudie:
    I see they arrived in good Shape ? Rock on Dude!
  • Options
    ok well... Mystery A: This stick is heavy in hand... appears to be a 6x54 size, sumatra wrapper, not oily but not dry. Thick veins near the foot to about halfway up the stick. Stick has a sweet, caramel smell pre light. the light is good and very even, the resting smoke is light, coming of very fast, and has a harsh nutty aroma. Draw is very smooth and strong saltiness, initially i get a creamy toasty sense, then on exhale it goes to spicy, followed by a wet, peat, earthy short finish, then a strong stale taste. As the stick burns the medium body gets fuller and fuller, the spice is more pronounced, Im definitely am thinking a cuban seed habano ecuador wrapper... likely dominican filler, ash is white and crumbles at 3/4". this isnt a flavor or body powerhouse like a "AAA" but it is flavorful, about halfway through, my stomach starts to churn.... so i make some final assessments, Even burn, spicy flavor, medium->full body, slightly stale on the long end of the finish, Im gonna guess that i have a ,AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero?
  • Options
    sightunseen:
    nudie:
    PM
  • Options
    nudie:
    ok well... Mystery A: This stick is heavy in hand... appears to be a 6x54 size, sumatra wrapper, not oily but not dry. Thick veins near the foot to about halfway up the stick. Stick has a sweet, caramel smell pre light. the light is good and very even, the resting smoke is light, coming of very fast, and has a harsh nutty aroma. Draw is very smooth and strong saltiness, initially i get a creamy toasty sense, then on exhale it goes to spicy, followed by a wet, peat, earthy short finish, then a strong stale taste. As the stick burns the medium body gets fuller and fuller, the spice is more pronounced, Im definitely am thinking a cuban seed habano ecuador wrapper... likely dominican filler, ash is white and crumbles at 3/4". this isnt a flavor or body powerhouse like a "AAA" but it is flavorful, about halfway through, my stomach starts to churn.... so i make some final assessments, Even burn, spicy flavor, medium->full body, slightly stale on the long end of the finish, Im gonna guess that i have a ,AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero AVO Companero?
    stomach Starts to turn..... Damn ..... that was a colorful well done review.......... i would ask if that is your final guess but with all the AVO Campaneros ... i wont delay your aNSWER.... It was a Pelipe Power 15th Aniversary...... thanks......
  • Options
    nudie:
    sightunseen:
    nudie:
    PM
    Replied
  • Options
    I read up on the mystery stick A.... i wasnt too far off on the review
  • Options
    nudie:
    I read up on the mystery stick A.... i wasnt too far off on the review
    Nope it was a good one!
  • Options
    Mystery B: This stick is Definitely a connie... Stick has a sweet, raisin smell pre light. the light is easy and slightly uneven probably due to the windy day, the resting smoke is very light and has a creamy honey aroma. Draw is very smooth, initially i get a creamy toasty sense. and then nutty on the exhale. As the stick burns the ash is white then turns brown and sticks very well, , Im definitely am thinking a connecticut wrapper... , Even burn, toasty flavor, mild, definatly spitting a lot which contributes to a dry palate, enjoyed this stick as i usually do with connies and cammies being my faves. Im gonna guess that i have the ever popular macanudo .. maybe the gold label?
  • Options
    nudie:
    Mystery B: This stick is Definitely a connie... Stick has a sweet, raisin smell pre light. the light is easy and slightly uneven probably due to the windy day, the resting smoke is very light and has a creamy honey aroma. Draw is very smooth, initially i get a creamy toasty sense. and then nutty on the exhale. As the stick burns the ash is white then turns brown and sticks very well, , Im definitely am thinking a connecticut wrapper... , Even burn, toasty flavor, mild, definatly spitting a lot which contributes to a dry palate, enjoyed this stick as i usually do with connies and cammies being my faves. Im gonna guess that i have the ever popular macanudo .. maybe the gold label?
    That's a Good Review and Guess, Although I have NEVER had a Macanudo.... its is a Gold Label..... one of My Favorites.... 5 Vegas Gold !Grab these when they are on DD's good deals! Coool
  • Options
    Damn Nudie...you're really spitting these out, and hittin em on the money! Very cool bro.

• Options
    Hays:
    Damn Nudie...you're really spitting these out, and hittin em on the money! Very cool bro.
    I get about 1 stick a day anyway... why not make it a mystery.... and keep in mind ive only been on the forums and smoking seriously for 3 months
  • Options
    nudie:
    Hays:
    I get about 1 stick a day anyway... why not make it a mystery.... and keep in mind ive only been on the forums and smoking seriously for 3 months
    Sure thing...way to pat yourself on the back ;-). As long as you're enjoyin it, it's all good!

• Options
    Mystery C: This stick is long and strong...very tightly constructed churchill it has a wrapper patch about where the band would be( ive never seen this) and a slight crack in the wrapper. It appears this stick has been resting a while due to the slight flat edge on one side. The wrapper is dry and smooth to the touch ... Stick has a peppery smell pre light. the light is long and slow probably due to the tight construction, the resting smoke has a cinnamon and marshmallow aroma that reminds me of a cameroon. Draw is very tight, so i snip off a little more, initially i get a smooth peppery medium body, and then earthy pepper on the exhale. Because of the smoothness, im going connecticut even though i thought cameroon due to the sweeter finish. As the stick burns the ash is white then turns to dust very quickly, uneven burn by about 3/4" difference so i flip the stick over to see if that helps. Then i give it a good purge and the middle flies out... haha landed on my foot... ouch!... it corrects itself and now the burn is great. mild to medium...im still debating connie or cammie... maybe segundo cause of the patchwork... I think i have a connie... RP edge lite... maybe
  • Options
    nudie:
    Mystery C: This stick is long and strong...very tightly constructed churchill it has a wrapper patch about where the band would be( ive never seen this) and a slight crack in the wrapper. It appears this stick has been resting a while due to the slight flat edge on one side. The wrapper is dry and smooth to the touch ... Stick has a peppery smell pre light. the light is long and slow probably due to the tight construction, the resting smoke has a cinnamon and marshmallow aroma that reminds me of a cameroon. Draw is very tight, so i snip off a little more, initially i get a smooth peppery medium body, and then earthy pepper on the exhale. Because of the smoothness, im going connecticut even though i thought cameroon due to the sweeter finish. As the stick burns the ash is white then turns to dust very quickly, uneven burn by about 3/4" difference so i flip the stick over to see if that helps. Then i give it a good purge and the middle flies out... haha landed on my foot... ouch!... it corrects itself and now the burn is great. mild to medium...im still debating connie or cammie... maybe segundo cause of the patchwork... I think i have a connie... RP edge lite... maybe
    WOW Nudie this doesn't quite sound like the Stick I sent you, at least the patch and the crack part, I didnt notice any of that when i packed it up. but at any rate.... I havent had any of those issues smoking one of these, I have loved them! at any rate........ the Chucrhill was a JOHN BULL. Thanks for Playing ! Thats for the Props in the good traders and Stand up Folks Thread..........
  • Options
    I got the sticks from nudie today. I'm going to try the first stick tomorrow and post a review.
  • Options
    So this is my review of Cigar A

Appearance
    The stick measures about 6.5"x52, a bit longer than a regular toro but shorter than a churchill. Perhaps it's a double corona. The stick is wrapped in a beautiful madruo wrapper, smooth and showing no major veins. The stick is firm throughout, with no soft spots and topped with a double cap.

Pre-Light
    The aroma was sweet and earthy, with that tradtional maduro smell. The foot smelled of sweet chocolate. The cap cut easily, and the pre-light draw was firm and yielded notes of earth and chocolate.

First Third
    The cigar started off with good notes of coffee and slight pepper, with a woody finish. As I progressed through the stick, the firm loosened, and each draw produced lots of smoke. The burn was straight and the ash held til about 1.5" until I tapped it. Flavors remained the same for about the 1st third

Second Third
    During the second third, the coffee notes were toned down, and the wood notes became the primary flavor I tasted. The burn continued to remain straight. No other changes were noted by me. I am going to place the body at medium.

Final Third
    Flavors did not change much from the second third, but the slight pepper came back. Towards the nub, a slight bitterness developed, but I am going to attribute it to me smoking it too quickly.

Conclusion
    Overall, I enjoyed the cigar, but I found it a little one-dimensional for a stick of this size. Based on what I've experienced, my guess is the CAO Brasilia. Big thanks to Nudie for the stick. I'll be trying cigar B tomorrow and will be posting my findings.
  • Options
    very thorough review.... sorry to say though... CAO is not the solution to this mystery.... the culprit was....La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte in the humidor with the cutter... loved the review... i may have to have one tonight... im looking forward to tomorrow's review
  • Options
    Very well done Sightunseen! I like the style of your review.... ;-). Very well-written, and very informative. Knowing the stick you smoked now, I have to say I'm a little less eager to try the Oscuro Fuerte than I was previously. Looking forward to seeing what Cigar B brings.