Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Welcome Larry, and don't worry you'll eyes will be open to a whole new cigar world after sticking around here a little while.

Post edited by TX98Z28 on
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    XWFD30XWFD30 Posts: 26

Thanks for the welcomes 'n laughs Gents. Ego, I wanted to get into Bourbon, but it just doesn't agree with me, heartburn terrible. Tried Makers Mark as an entry level, liked the feel & flavor but couldn't stay with it. I'll be tasting the Reconquista in about a week Vegas, what liquid do you recommend with it??? Well Yakster, if the Mounties do come for me, you won't be able to tell one horses a.. from the other......L Z

• Options
    XWFD30XWFD30 Posts: 26

Thanks TX, lookin forward to that. Enjoying the friendly poking so far. L Z

• Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome Larry

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome Larry!
    There are some great members here and tons of good information, however I am not one of them and know nothing.
    I am lucky enough to have been very close to where you live.
    My father in law has owned a cottage on the Bruce peninsula since the early 70s. My wife and I went there for our honeymoon and I enjoyed it so much we go back every year. It’s in Stokes Bay about halfway up the Bruce and is on the waterfront.
    I just found out Pine River cheese co-op closed and am pretty bummed. Best aged cheddar I have ever had.
    Stick around and don’t be afraid to ask questions, but don’t post reviews unless you enjoy abuse.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

welcome hose dragger

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard, Larry.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome, all new folk.

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey all, just joined the forum, so time for my introduction.

My name is Taylor, and I'm in my mid-30's. Fairly newbie with cigars, my father-in-law gave me a humidor for Christmas a few years back, but in the past year I've gotten more into cigars. Just moved to Central/East Massachusetts 6 months ago. Have 1 box 100 humidor. Right now I'm enjoying Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real, Oliva Serie G Cameroon, and Perdomo Lot 23. I enjoy some infused cigars, although I almost feel ashamed admitting it! Java Maduros are pretty tasty. Big Dallas Cowboys fan as I grew up north of Dallas and have lived all over the country. Really excited to get some good tips/advice, and talk cigars with some experts!

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum.

🤣 one of my friends is a huge Cowboys fan. His son got drafted by the Giants a few years back.

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome all

• Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome Taylor !

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome Taylor!

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the site!!!

I guess someone has to be a Cowboy fan......

• Options

@deadman said:
    Welcome to the forum.

🤣 one of my friends is a huge Cowboys fan. His son got drafted by the Giants a few years back.

Thanks @deadman, I'm sure he was proud, but the Giants....ugh!

• Options

@ForMud said:
    Welcome to the site!!!

I guess someone has to be a Cowboy fan......

self-induced punishment for sure @ForMud

• Options

Thanks all!

• Options

@TheKraken said:

@deadman said:
    Welcome to the forum.

Thanks @deadman, I'm sure he was proud, but the Giants....ugh!

He said as long as he never ends up with the Panthers. He went in the draft knowing where he was going.

• Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome Taylor...there is no shame in fandom. I am a lifer Cleveland fan. Suck it haters!!

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,983 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do ravens fly upside down in baltimore? Because there's nothing worth shīttìng on.

Did you hear that the library in Pittsburgh burned down? it was a real tragedy. Both books were destroyed, and one of them was even colored in all the way!

How many Bengals fans does it take to change a lightbulb? None. They are happy living in Cleveland's shadow!

Go browns!

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options

OH-

• Options
    ThisGuy03ThisGuy03 Posts: 4

Signed up today! Stay safe everyone

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,983 ✭✭✭✭✭

I
    O

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard @ThisGuy03 .

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ThisGuy03 said:
    Signed up today! Stay safe everyone

Nice..... Welcome aboard

• Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @ThisGuy03

• Options

A little Buckeye love from @VegasFrank

• Options
    edited April 2020

@VegasFrank said:
    Why do ravens fly upside down in baltimore? Because there's nothing worth shīttìng on.

Did you hear that the library in Pittsburgh burned down? it was a real tragedy. Both books were destroyed, and one of them was even colored in all the way!

How many Bengals fans does it take to change a lightbulb? None. They are happy living in Cleveland's shadow!

Go browns!

Haha great stuff @VegasFrank

Thanks @Poker_Slob and welcome @ThisGuy03

• Options

Welcome @sjspringz