Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Michael_walkMichael_walk Posts: 38 ✭✭

@genareddog said:
    Welcome Michael. Enjoy and thank you for your service !

Thank you sir. Enjoyed every minute of it. Just wish I was able to retire, but I will take the disability, lol.

• Options

@Yakster said:

@Michael_walk said:

@Yakster said:
    Welcome to the forum, Mike. If you have the time, check out the vHerf where we gather with Zoom to smoke cigars and shoot the breeze.

Where would I find this? Never used zoom before. Guessing just search it in zoom?

You can find more information about the New Zoom vHerf here.

You can run Zoom on your phone or tablet with the app, and you can run it on your computer either in a web browser or with the desktop app. You don't need to sign up for a Zoom account to join the meeting. People usually get on in the evening.

Thank you, I will have to look into that here in a little bit. About what time does everyone normally get on?

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Michael_walk said:

@genareddog said:

Thank you sir. Enjoyed every minute of it. Just wish I was able to retire, but I will take the disability, lol.

If you have not received this month’s newsletter pm me your address and I will get one out

• Options

@genareddog said:

@Michael_walk said:

@genareddog said:

If you have not received this month’s newsletter pm me your address and I will get one out

I just signed up for my monthly, so I will get it with my shipment that goes out tomorrow. Thank you though.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

@Michael_walk said:

@genareddog said:

My nieces’ ex did 17 years and got kicked out for sexual harassment. Most was out of Fort Campbell. I may have a few signs from there like a tank crossing one.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Michael_walk said:
    Hello all. My name is Mike Walker. Newbie here. I live in the Fort Campbell, Clarksville TN area. Started smoking cigars with my buddies while we where deployed back in the day (05-06, 08-09, 11-12). Just recently got back into it, and already have a decent collection. Samplers, and buy 5 deals have been awesome lately. I have taken a fondness to the Diesel, and Man O War brands.
    Thanks all for all the knowledge you have put in here. I have been scouring the forums and have learned so much.
    I look forward to plentiful conversation, and possible friends.

Hi @Michael_walk...nice favs! Those don't suck!

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @Michael_walk .

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    CommanderDuke1_CommanderDuke1_ Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello all. My name is Wade Vande Vooren. Newbie here. I live in Colton, SD. Started enjoying cigars in 1998. Been enjoying collecting, smoking, and talking to others with the passion of all above. Looking forward to getting to know others here and learning and teaching others from my experiences in the cigar world and hearing from others in there experiences and learning from them as well. Looking Foward to meeting new friends

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CommanderDuke1_ said:
    Hello all. My name is Wade Vande Vooren. Newbie here. I live in Colton, SD. Started enjoying cigars in 1998. Been enjoying collecting, smoking, and talking to others with the passion of all above. Looking forward to getting to know others here and learning and teaching others from my experiences in the cigar world and hearing from others in there experiences and learning from them as well. Looking Foward to meeting new friends

Hey @CharlieHeis How far are you from Colton?

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

@CommanderDuke1_ said:

Hey @CharlieHeis How far are you from Colton?

I'm about an hour away. Welcome, Wade. I'm in Mitchell. Stick around, this is a fun place. We have Zoom set up so we can smoke, drink and bullshít. We even get together once in a while and do the same thing with some awesome food added. We're having the fourth annual Milwaukee Herf next weekend.

• Options

@CharlieHeis sounds good thank you sir!!

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome, Wade @CommanderDuke1_ to the forum.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome all new forum members!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

@Yakster @TX98Z28 thank you glad to be here

• Options
    BullSquatchBullSquatch Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good friend informed me of this forum. Excited to join. The Cigar Community is the best community out there!

"Some people meditate, I smoke cigars." - Ron Perlman
    "...I intend to go home tonight and smoke a cigar to the glory of God." - Charles Spurgeon
    Two Time Cigar Lottery Winner

• Options

Welcome @CommanderDuke1_ and @BullSquatch . You found the right place.

• Options
    edited June 2020

Welcome @BullSquatch.

If you or @CommanderDuke1_ want to join us on Zoom, we have a standing vHerf going. Usually more active Thursday nights and the weekends.

Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

• Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @CommanderDuke1_ @BullSquatch hang around there is much to learn from the OG’s on the forum.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome all

• Options
    Zeddy123Zeddy123 Posts: 3

New here but not new to cigars

Got a wineador and 5 sistemas packed to the brim. Tastes change seemingly daily, but I seem to gravitate towards CCs these days. I like to collect and smoke, fan of Fuentes and Tats for NC, could smoke BBFs all day for CCs.

• Options

Welcome aboard @Zeddy123

• Options

Welcome to the forum, @Zeddy123

• Options

Welcome aboard all. You have found a great group of guys and gals with tons of knowledge.

• Options

Tonights offering

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

Do I qualify as a newbie all over again?

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

welcome back after 6 years

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.