Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum, @Lurchenstein.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awaiting the close of your parentheses, @Lurchenstein

:):D

Welcome!

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    LurchensteinLurchenstein Posts: 14 ✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Awaiting the close of your parentheses, @Lurchenstein

:):D

Welcome!

Sorry, I tried to edit it but I can't.

• Options

)

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks, Yakster.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum @Lurchenstein .

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lurchenstein said:
    Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I am from upstate New York( mean like 18 miles from the border to Canada. I am new to cigars for the most part. i have dabbled in it for a bit but now am working on finding new one to try and enjoy. I my favorites so far were the Punch Gran Puro and a 5 Vegas classic. looking forward to trying even more.
    Any suggestions for new ones will be greatly welcomed as well as pairings.Thank you for the welcome in advance.

Take a look at the what are you smoking threads. There you will find what you are searching for kemosabe

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    ElCaribeElCaribe Posts: 8

@Lurchenstein said:
    Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I am from upstate New York( mean like 18 miles from the border to Canada. I am new to cigars for the most part. i have dabbled in it for a bit but now am working on finding new one to try and enjoy. I my favorites so far were the Punch Gran Puro and a 5 Vegas classic. looking forward to trying even more.
    Any suggestions for new ones will be greatly welcomed as well as pairings.Thank you for the welcome in advance.

Hey I'm from WNY as well just south of Buffalo in Dunkirk! Welcome!

• Options

@ElCaribe said:

@Lurchenstein said:
    Good Afternoon Everyone,

Hey I'm from WNY as well just south of Buffalo in Dunkirk! Welcome!

Don't worry, we won't hold that against either of you. ;)

• Options

Welcome @RockRash, all.

• Options
    Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RockRash
    Welcome the forum. What town in socal?

• Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome all you new guys

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    RockRashRockRash Posts: 17 ✭✭✭

@Significant3 said:
    @RockRash
    Welcome the forum. What town in socal?

Norco " horse town usa" in riverside county. Thanks for the welcomes guys.

• Options

I've been through Norco and have heard about it's horse town status, but never stopped in.

I used to live in Orange Country.

• Options

@Yakster said:
    I've been through Norco and have heard about it's horse town status, but never stopped in.

I used to live in Orange Country.

Where's about? I do alot of work out that way. As a matter of fact I'm heading out that way tomorrow morning.

• Options

Well, I used to live with my folks in Mission Viejo, and after that lived in Anaheim for a while before incrementally moving North. I was a field engineer and did a lot of traveling within California. Actually taking 15 past Norco to get to the back side of the mountains to go up to Santiago Peak to work on the radio site up there via the fire roads.

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome y'all!

• Options

@Yakster said:
    Well, I used to live with my folks in Mission Viejo, and after that lived in Anaheim for a while before incrementally moving North. I was a field engineer and did a lot of traveling within California. Actually taking 15 past Norco to get to the back side of the mountains to go up to Santiago Peak to work on the radio site up there via the fire roads.

I do alot of work in Anaheim. I own a water well pump repair business. For a long time my biggest supplier was off of Kramer glasses. They moved to banning last year so that has been a huge pain in the butt.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RockRash said:
    Hello from socal. I've been smoking cigars and pipes off and on for 15 years. Recently I've gotten big into cigars again.I had to purchase another tupperdor a few weeks ago. I have been buying up samplers like they going out of style trying to figure out what I like. So far I haven't really smoked a bad one I definitely prefer some over others. I found this forum a few months ago and finally decided to join the group. Looking forward to participating in what looks like a great forum and good group of people.<

I'm just an Ozark hillbilly, been thinking about taking up cigars for a while now. I may have a slightly addictive personality as I've accumulated almost a 2 month supply of various smokes and I've only been smoking about 6 weeks.Been smoking 1-3 a day, got a resting and a smoking humidor in the basement, handful of tools, couple of lighters,etc.
    Anyway glad I found the forum, other than I see already you got punctuation ****'s. :D I have no cigars smoking buddies but I do have a good B&M in the area, with a lounge if I ever get time to smoke there.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

Check out the vHerf for online cigar smoking buddies on Zoom.

• Options
    NorCalNewbieNorCalNewbie Posts: 2

Whatsup all? Im new to the forum, live in the bay area of SF and am just getting into cigars for the first time. I’ve had a blast setting up my first wine-a-tuperdor and am starting to explore as many sampler deals as I can find. My go to Monte Classic is starting to feel a bit mild at this point which I think means I am doing something right. Happy to be here and excited to keep exploring!

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalNewbie said:
    Whatsup all? Im new to the forum, live in the bay area of SF and am just getting into cigars for the first time. I’ve had a blast setting up my first wine-a-tuperdor and am starting to explore as many sampler deals as I can find. My go to Monte Classic is starting to feel a bit mild at this point which I think means I am doing something right. Happy to be here and excited to keep exploring!

Welcome

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome NorCalNewbie. But I thought you aren't allowed to smoke indoors or outdoors in California.

• Options
    BullSquatchBullSquatch Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalNewbie said:

WELCOME BROTHER!

"Some people meditate, I smoke cigars." - Ron Perlman
    "...I intend to go home tonight and smoke a cigar to the glory of God." - Charles Spurgeon
    Two Time Cigar Lottery Winner

• Options

Welcome @NorCalNewbie, another SF Bay Area resident here. You CAN smoke indoors and outdoors in some locations here, but have to pay stiff taxes on your cigars and it certainly seems more socially acceptable to smoke weed than cigars these days from what I hear.

• Options

Welcome aboard. Your tastes will change to stronger cigars after a while. Nothing wrong with that.

• Options
    NorCalNewbieNorCalNewbie Posts: 2

Good deal, thx all. Yes, we like our rules out this way but we also like them casually enforced. Its a funny place.