Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BullSquatch said:
    Greetings BOTL! Just joined this forum. Looking to start trading, bartering, collecting and most importantly increasing my pallet for Med-Full body smokes. Some of my current favorites are Flor de Oliva (my daily smoke), anything from My Father, AJ, & Nub. Love great full body smokes. Smoke 2-3 cigars daily. Live 10 minutes away from a Casa de Montecristo Lounge & Bar. Located in Mooresville, NC. Cheers!

There’s a couple cigar shops over by Concord Mills if you get over that way.

• Options
    BullSquatchBullSquatch Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman
    Yeah, I am not far from there at all. Shop names?

"Some people meditate, I smoke cigars." - Ron Perlman
    "...I intend to go home tonight and smoke a cigar to the glory of God." - Charles Spurgeon
    Two Time Cigar Lottery Winner

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

The tailored smoke and Sticks and Beans.

Downtown Concord has a new one called The cigar loft. I may check it out tomorrow

• Options
    BullSquatchBullSquatch Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    The tailored smoke and Sticks and Beans.

Downtown Concord has a new one called The cigar loft. I may check it out tomorrow

Let me know about the Cigar Loft. I'll check out the other two as well. Need a reason to get my c10 out and drive around for a bit and that sounds like a damn good one!

"Some people meditate, I smoke cigars." - Ron Perlman
    "...I intend to go home tonight and smoke a cigar to the glory of God." - Charles Spurgeon
    Two Time Cigar Lottery Winner

• Options
    lsnadonlsnadon Posts: 2

Hey there.....

Quit smoking cigars about 8 years ago, even though I really enjoyed the whole bit.... buying, storing, smoking, education - all of it!! I just love the looks and smell of properly stored cigars, almost (I said almost) more than smoking them.

From Wyoming (Cheyenne), but I usually buy everything on line from one of the major retailers. Better prices usually, better quality I think.... Just recently restocked with some of my favorites, and after the smoke I had last night - I'll double down on the "buying from online" for now. I had an Olivia Melanio last night and it was absolutely terrible -- I'm pretty sure it is where I got it from (local) vs the stick itself. Boy, I sure do wish I had some of those smokes and my humidor from 8 years ago, all stored right for that time.... Whoever bought it all from me on eBay back then, you got a deal!!

Anyway - Glad to be here, glad to be able to partake again. The event that lead to me giving up the cigars for a while is over now. Not saying I'll be posting a lot, but I know I'll be reading all the comments here.

BTW - I found this forum because I was looking for the old Puff.com forum..... Too bad about that.

Cheers,

Les

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome, @lsnadon Les, to the forum.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Les @lsnadon. Interesting that you sold your cigars on eBay. I don't think that'll fly under the radar anymore.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

Welcome New Guy @ShowMeState1977.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome new guys. Stick around, learn, enjoy.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    lsnadonlsnadon Posts: 2

@VegasFrank - I was amazed too.... I listed the auction as a Humidor with ## (number) of "accessories", and listed he accesories as Padron, Olivia, Nica Libre, etc.....

• Options

Welcome @d_blades

hop on the vherf one of these nights and introduce yourself. I apologize for @Rhamlin in advance....

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    ShowMeState1977ShowMeState1977 Posts: 9 ✭✭

@d_blades said:
    Just another FNG also from southern Missouri. Been smoking about a month, trying smokes and hoping to get my taste buds developed. Since I have no cigar smoking friends, well one guy that smokes Swisher Sweets, hoping you guys will steer me straight as I navigate the amazing variety of available products. Smoked a variety of stick in the mild-medium+ range, both Connecticut and Maduro wrappers, think I'm gonna like the Maduros and Nicaraguan brands. Been buying blind from online as well as the local B&M. Smoked some Baccarat, Brick House, Camacho, Jose Rey, Perla Del Mar, Padillo, Rocky Patel and Oliva so far. Not gonna count the flavored Kuba Kuba, don't think that's my taste.

Welcome from another new guy from Missouri.

• Options

Welcome, @ElCaribe and all other new folks. I think you'll find that the DE Liga Privada #9 has a nice mineral note as well.

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

well played Chris

• Options
    N0tRichardN0tRichard Posts: 103 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome @lsnadon, @ShowMeState1977, @ElCaribe , @d_blades and anyone else I missed

• Options
    edited July 2020

@ElCaribe that ain't alabaster or soapstone

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@peter4jc said:

@N0tRichard said:
    Welcome @lsnadon, @ShowMeState1977, @ElCaribe , @d_blades and anyone else I missed

You have to have 50 posts before you're allowed to welcome anyone. ;-)

hm maybe i should find some thread to bombard lol

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

@N0tRichard said:

@peter4jc said:

@N0tRichard said:

Apparently, that's what the new, (never heard of it) rule requires but, you could make your posts worthwhile and we'd appreciate that.

Welcome @N0tRichard

• Options

@Bob_Luken said:

@N0tRichard said:

@peter4jc said:

@N0tRichard said:

Apparently, that's what the new, (never heard of it) rule requires but, you could make your posts worthwhile and we'd appreciate that.

Welcome @N0tRichard

yeah i didnt know that was a rule, just thought i'd say hi to some new folk and I appreciate the advice :)

• Options

It's not a rule, just a joke :smiley:

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@N0tRichard said:

@peter4jc said:

@N0tRichard said:

Frank just got a new Wineador.... just saying. Pretty sure I also have an address.

• Options

Tread lightly, my friend!

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome new member's to the forum.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    ElCaribeElCaribe Posts: 8

Thanks for all the welcome notes!
    Retired geologist but I will do consulting for Opus!