Home Non Cigar Related

Funions and Fabylons

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

edited April 2020

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8211291/U-S-government-gave-3-7million-grant-Wuhan-lab-experimented-coronavirus-source-bats.html

"U.S. government gave $3.7million grant to Wuhan lab at center of coronavirus leak scrutiny that was performing experiments on bats from the caves where the disease is believed to have originated"

I spose the Daily Mail may qualify as a funion or fabylon, tho I don't think they wrote this to be funny

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

https://babylonbee.com/news/more-states-calling-for-common-sense-religion-control

"If we save even one life, it's worth it."

Measures proposed by many state legislatures and governors include the following:

Background checks on purchases of holy books
    Age restrictions before religious teaching can be given
    Limit to number of theology books one can own
    Pastoral licensing
    Bans on high-capacity church buildings
    Stringent restrictions on concealed Bible carry
    A 10-day waiting period after you click on a sermon on YouTube

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

that's great^.

BREAKING: Brave protesters leave their homes to tell others to not leave their homes

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bet they're full time college students.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

https://youtu.be/4zgu7WvkHlw

Dry humor worth the full watch

edited May 2020

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm starting to wonder if Joe Biden isn't tied to a chair with duct tape over his mouth while the Democrat strategists try to figure out a better way to keep his mouth shut until the election is over.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

North Korea celebrating Kim still alive

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QbC6dLG_dQY

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's dead then?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

@Yakster said:
    He's dead then?

No he finally made a public appearance a few days ago

That's too bad. At least there could have been a slim chance for a sliver of freedom for those poor deluded people.

@ShawnOL said:
    That's too bad. At least there could have been a slim chance for a sliver of freedom for those poor deluded people.

From what I understand his sister could possibly be next in line and is more ruthless than him. Those people ain’t getting a break until they take their country back.

They aren't taking back anything. Unarmed and untrained.

@ShawnOL said:
    They aren't taking back anything. Unarmed and untrained.

Brainwashed for generations now

edited May 2020

@ShawnOL said:
    Those people ain’t getting a break until they take their country back.

"Back" implies they once had it. Before the commies, there were Japanese. Before the Japanese, there were Chinese. Before the Chinese, there were Mongols. Before the Mongols there were Chinese. .... During all this span, there was one brief era of Korean dynasty. None of these expressed the people's will.

Sure, if you chase anything back far enough, you come to authoctonous peoples somewheres in distant time. We may assume skin clad Parks and Rhees elected their tribal chief during the ice ages; but there is no evidence of it. Far back as we can know, all Asians have always been ruled by autocrats.

The deal is, self-government does require some sort of cultural traditions. Which there are none. Instead, you have a situation where the only road to self-government is one imposed from abroad. In India, two centuries of British Raj did the trick. That practice stopped at Hong Kong. I have read that there is no word in any language anywhere east of the Med which so much as possesses a word for freedom. If you cannot say it, then you have never even conceived of it. Ever. Perhaps South Korea could sit on North Korea long enough to wise them up... if China would allow it.

Who was it, was it Powell or Schwartzkopf, I forget, who, when discussing why we didn't oust Saddam after the first Desert Storm, remarked: "Who would replace him? We have no idea. All we know is, he will have a mustache and wear an olive drab shirt."

We arrogantly assume that the whole sweep of human history leads toward us. We assume everyone aspires to freedom. If they did, they would have at least taken a bite at it.

Who would replace Kim? A Park with a funny haircut? A Lee with a funny haircut? What ruthless pudge bleeds the people next?

All we do know is, whoever it may be, they will goose-step past his portrait, professing their love.

... and who are we to talk? Things have come to the pass where the ruling elites murder a potentially embarrassing witness in prison, no problem; where the President bails out banksters in lieu of shovel ready jobs; where Bill secretly meets Loretta on the tarmac to talk about the grand children; where the national secret police get busy plotting a coup; where, plainly, Congress is nought but a Parliament of whorz, at best. We preserve the cultural traditions of liberty, but not the practice of it.

Every form of government devolves into oligarchy.

edited May 2020

https://babylonbee.com/news/powerful-protesters-spell-out-love-with-burning-homes-and-businesses

MINNEAPOLIS, MN—In a powerful display of their care for love and justice, protesters in Minneapolis burned the word "LOVE" into the city, arranging the inspiring message with homes and businesses set ablaze by their riots.

Heartfelt and moving.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

^^^ that's about the level of thinking we've been seeing, well, maybe a little deeper, glad you didn't put this in the " you can't make this stuff up" thread.

oh God! Don't give them ideas!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain