Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a Camacho 1962. I picked this one up in a Sampler here recently and really liked it a lot. The first inch had me thinking hmmm? But it opened up to become very enjoyable. Tons of flavor, great burn and a very easy draw. An hour and a half from this Robusto.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Can't decide between a Cubao No. 6 or an AB Tempus. Maybe I'll just flip a coin.
  • Options
    I am going to smoke either a RP the edge or alec bradley tempus, but havent decided which yet.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Perdomo Habano as we speak. (wingnut, ya have a PM)
  • Options
    I havent had a perdomo in a while but bought a sampler the other day. Cant wait to get it. PM back at ya NYCH
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    kaspera79:
    Today was a Camacho 1962. I picked this one up in a Sampler here recently and really liked it a lot. The first inch had me thinking hmmm? But it opened up to become very enjoyable. Tons of flavor, great burn and a very easy draw. An hour and a half from this Robusto.
    I like those in the little perfecto, kas. They have a nice, grassy sweetness. Almost like a candela, but not quite.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Pretty boring night so far and can't stop thinking about relaxing with a good cigar and drink right now. I've been craving a Tempus after it was mentioned a couple times tonight. Also a Gurkha Centurion perfecto sounds pretty good... Hell anything sounds good at this point. LoL
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406

Today's Menu

Perdomo Fresh Rolled Cuban robusto, Paradigm 262 toro, LADC toro

• Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Smoking the second of 2 La Flor Dominicana Double ligeros that was gifted to me by the LFD rep when he was in my local B&M today. Both have a maduro wrapper (instead of the habano), and are so smooth and tasty I can't wait to get a couple boxes of them.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I don't know if I would use the word smooth, but man aren't those tasty? One of my faves!
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    Haven't been smoking as much lately. Mostly due to the weather and the fact that I am teaching 4 nights a week now. I haven't posted on here since last week so here we go.

Friday night I started off with a Gurkha Crest Torpedo. My second and last one. This one had between 12 - 14 months of age. The draw was not as loose as the first one. The taste was ok for the first 3rd but after that the burn and taste went downhill. Had to keep relighting it and touching up so I gave up with it with about an inch and a half - two inches left. Then, I moved to a Gurkha Shaggy Maduro Torpedo. I have had these before and they were better than this! It wasn't bad but I was expecting better. I don't remember too much except that my smoking night was a little bit of a disappointment.

Sunday, on the way home from the womans house I had a Gurkha Park Ave from the cotm club. The taste was fairly good and mild but not too mild that it sucked. I was semi happy until I removed the label and it ripped a huge hole in the wrapper and the burn was **** after that. Still tasted fine but had to deal with the burn.

Monday, on the way to and from picking up my new AV receiver I smoked a CAO Gold in what I think was the corona gorda size or possibly the churchill. It was pretty mild and tasted ok but I was not thrilled with it. I am not a CAO fan. Some are ok but most do nothing for me. This was given to me. The guy actually gave me three so I'll probably give the other two to a friend.
    What receiver did you get? I've been eying a Onkyo and/or Yamaha, which I might just go with the Yamaha since my current one is. I felt the same way with the crest. Though I haven't had the torp. I do know I was very displeased with it since it was expensive. Seems most of the expensive cigars I try I am not very pleased with. 16 and up is what I consider expensive.
    I was looking at the Denon AVR-3310CI as a "get me by for now receiver" but my A/V guy suggested that I get a Cambridge Audio Azur 650r. The 650r just came out. It is a little more than the Denon and has less features and less wattage too but is supposed to sound soooooooooooooooooo much better than the Denon and actually be underrated with it's wattage. Cambridge is supposed to be an Audiophile class receiver and they are more focused on sound than features. The reviews I have seen on it so far look very promising. It sounds great but does somethings that I am not sure are normal. However, with that said there was something rattling around in the case so he got me a new one and I need to pick it up. It packs a good punch! I'll let you know more as I get to test it more.

What I really want is to get separates but I can't afford that now after getting the house. Really high end separates cost around $7500 a piece or more.

Cambridge is reasonable priced stuff, pretty durable, and highly acclaimed - in the audiphiles realm.
  • Options
    Padilla Cazadores for lunch, and a trusty Cubao for the ride home.
  • Options
    Had a Nub Maduro last night that had been sitting in the hum for about four months. It was a great smoke, nice ash.
  • Options
    ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    Smoking a sol cubano cuban cabinet... Almost threw it out in the first 2 inches but I stuck threw it and its turning out okay... Not sure if I like these smokes or not... First one I had was terrible, this one has 5-6 months on it, so hopefully the others will improve with age or else I'm getting rid of them....
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    LFD cabinet L-300 natural. good cigar but i like the maduro a bit better.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Perdomo Lot 23... Am I the only person that gets a dried citrus taste?

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Don't know what, yet, but I will be having something tonight.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Smoking the second of 2 La Flor Dominicana Double ligeros that was gifted to me by the LFD rep when he was in my local B&M today. Both have a maduro wrapper (instead of the habano), and are so smooth and tasty I can't wait to get a couple boxes of them.
    +1. I love my chisels!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had the trusty Padilla Habano on the way home... This is still one of my favorite smokes.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Just had a Ccom Brazilian Label, very good smoke.. Sweet yet had a bit of spice to it. Goes good with coffee
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Diesel Unholy Cocktail. I'm not as experienced as most of you guys but, I wasn't impressed until the last third. I had one (my first) back in Jan. According to my notes it was a pretty similar experiance. I thought may be letting it sit a little would help but apparently it didn't. I did'nt hate it but I wouldn't buy a box (at least not now).
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    had two so far, RP Edge Maduro and Oliva G maduro. Both decent smokes, the Edge being a bit more to my liking. I hope to get one more in this evening, most likely a Nub Cammy!
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    ejenne87:
    had two so far, RP Edge Maduro and Oliva G maduro. Both decent smokes, the Edge being a bit more to my liking. I hope to get one more in this evening, most likely a Nub Cammy!
    Have you had the Edge in the missile vitola? That's a task in a half trying to finish it.

I'm about to light up a 5 Vegas Triple A. This will be my second one. I enjoyed the first one, so I'm hoping this one turns out the same.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Today's menu Perdomo Fresh Rolled Cuban robusto, Especion Limitada 09 belicoso, San Cristobal robusto
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    0600-Don Kiki Brown Label Churchill *****0830-Arganese ML3 Robusto *****1200-Oliveros XL Bold for men***** 1700-Cu-avana Intenso Torpedo (oh baby, that was good)
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    Had 601 green oscuro while walking the dogs.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    dep691:
    Had 601 green oscuro while walking the dogs.
    Good choice Dep. Haven't seen you around in a while, hope all is well on your end.
  • Options
    I had a Cusano 18 Double Maduro for lunch, excellent as always. I had a RyJ Habana Reserve on the ride home. It was good, but had a very tight draw.
  • Options
    Had a Sherpa Cafe this morning, which was rolled loosely and had a very loose draw, not bad overall. Next up was a Rocky Patel Puro Cubano and lastly a Man O' War.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    enjoying a sol cubano cuban cabinet churchill courtesy of stephen. this is tasty. i like this as much as a padilla habano