Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Had my "welcome to Medicare" exam today. What a flippin' waste of time; how's your diet? do you exercise regularly? repeat these words apple, tablet, ****, draw a clock that shows ten-to-two o'clock, repeat those three words again, would you like the pneumonia vaccine...

But I did get shot one of two of the shingles vaccine - that's some nasty stuff - for $3.90.

I'll be getting mine soon, too. My girlfriends sister warned me; "Whatever you do, when they ask you if you've ever been depressed you have to instantly answer 'NO', or you'll find yourself on the way for an involuntary psych eval." Sounds like good advice.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

Put in the last planting of beans and summer squash.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rebuilt a suet feeder with a tin roof, suet cage and plywood sides. We have a smart Blue Jay that seems to find a way to get to the suet every time I rebuild the feeder. Our Wood Peckers get most of the suet but that dam Blue Jay.

• Options

spent a delightful half hour finishing this afternoon's cigar and watching ants on our sidewalk, how the different sized ones interact and move. How much work an ant puts in dragging a 1" piece of dried out earthworm across a 2' slate, moving backewards, encountering debris that hinders easy going, stopping occasionally to get its bearings. I was impressed that such a small critter had so much energy. A fly was watching, too, and would buzz the ant once in a while.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

The herf cat just decided I didn't have enough holes in me.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pressing soap chips into a soap puck, took the last one out of the press and reloaded it with more soap chips.

Also, had a nice Tom Sawyer moment, I was going through the chokecherries from my MILs and pitting them and putting them in a jar to soak with whiskey for old fashioneds and my daughter came by and took over the job. The chokecherries are a bit more bitter than normal cherries which should play well in an old fashioned.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

back when I was making wine I made a batch with about 1/3 choke cherries; it was by far the finest wine I ever made, went through a strong malolactic fermentation in the bottles too. Just put a sheet under the tree when they were dead ripe and shook the branches.

• Options

These were picked a bit early, they should be fully ripe by August, I believe.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrShrek said:
    This dummy thought it would be a good idea to see what the middle of the kitchen floor tasted like...

Still smelled like the hotdog you dropped on it last week. 🤣

• Options

@IndustMech said:

@deadman said:
    First day back and working from home.

Half my passwords didn’t work even though I use the same for all work related passwords.
    I just let my assistant/secretary go on her first day. She plans on filing a grievance with my Boss when she gets home.

fify

I told her to hold my calls I was at lunch and in 5 minutes she hands me to phone and says, “It mom”.
    Fired I say

• Options

@peter4jc said:
    So I looked out of my kitchen window this morning (because looking out of your kitchen wall gets you nowhere) which faces the garage. Something was odd about the garage window; it was covered with moving insects. Upon closer inspection, I found it was 783 house-flies - or in this case garage-flies - and they were on the inside! I'm convinced it was @Patrickbrick who left some fly bait in there two weekends ago.

1. You missed one
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope not, sorry if any food got left in there. I don't think I put anything in there, sorry if I did though.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    I hope not, sorry if any food got left in there. I don't think I put anything in there, sorry if I did though.

You're good. Sorry, I forgot to put a 'wink' or lol in there.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

I thought maybe it was one of the new members that didn't pass the Excellent Herf initiation. (They probably don't drink coffee)

• Options

I made bacon, waffles, and coffee for breakfast. We had olallieberry and I had whiskey soaked chokecherries on our waffles.

• Options

Cleaned out my garage a bit today with the family which consisted of hauling out a bunch of stuff, trying to consolidate it and dump the carp, and packing it back in before a 4:00 family Zoom meeting. Still have a lot of work to do to clear a spot for my family to have a workout space in the garage, but we made a dent.

Amazon dropped off my shipment of a fuse holder and some fuses which I used to repair my water cooler board. The circuit board has a small fuse soldered on it which had blown and I did a adequate job soldering an inline fuse holder to either side and it seems to be working. We'll see how long that lasts. I should have desoldered the fuse and soldered the wires from the inline fuse holder into the pads, but was feeling lazy.

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finished the six page response to the internal audit that the City Auditor conducted on my division.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

We've got a Baldfaced hornets nest in our garden shed. It is the size of a basketball 12 ft up in the inside front peak next to the vent. The dam thing is also right over the door. I have some of that shooting spray but there is not a clear shot at the nest unless I'm standing right in the doorway underneath the nest. I would be easy to get trapped in the shed with about 50 pissed off hornets. I'll wait till a cool night and give it a shot.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    We've got a Baldfaced hornets nest in our garden shed. It is the size of a basketball 12 ft up in the inside front peak next to the vent. The dam thing is also right over the door. I have some of that shooting spray but there is not a clear shot at the nest unless I'm standing right in the doorway underneath the nest. I would be easy to get trapped in the shed with about 50 pissed off hornets. I'll wait till a cool night and give it a shot.

Would smoke do any good?