Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

I trust those a LOT more than the idea of casting votes via computer.
    I trust mail in votes a LOT more than casting votes by computer.
    I'd rather evaluate hanging chads, than cast votes by computer.
    I'd rather see hand-counting colored marbles, than cast votes by computer.
    I'd rather...well...you get the idea

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^didn't know if that should be an 'awesome' or a 'WTF'... don't forget to factor in your 30min. drive home too. ;-)

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    ^^^didn't know if that should be an 'awesome' or a 'WTF'... don't forget to factor in your 30min. drive home too. ;-)

At least it’s monthly visits to the different doctors instead of daily/weekly. I don’t know how any of them expected to get paid when I spent more time at the hospital then they did. 😂

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    I trust those a LOT more than the idea of casting votes via computer.
    I trust mail in votes a LOT more than casting votes by computer.
    I'd rather evaluate hanging chads, than cast votes by computer.
    I'd rather see hand-counting colored marbles, than cast votes by computer.
    I'd rather...well...you get the idea

"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”
    Joseph Stalin said this, and I believe it to be true to this day, "votes" always show up after the "count" is over, especially in Illinois. There have been multiple instances of more votes than registered voters. Hell, my dad voted Republican until the day he died, now he votes Democrat.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

The city decided I needed a new alarm clock

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are they putting in another track or a service road?

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Second rail. They're supposed to be done this year but we'll see

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick, if voting really matter, they wouldn't let us do it.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you bring it, I'll cook it!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    CtheHamCtheHam Posts: 205 ✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Discovered cbid yesterday.  I'm so royally f****d.

I know you stated this 6 months ago, but I just recently found this myself. Had to get another humidor as well. LOL

• Options
    Shaner9erShaner9er Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

@CtheHam said:

@ShawnOL said:
    Discovered cbid yesterday.  I'm so royally f****d.

I know you stated this 6 months ago, but I just recently found this myself. Had to get another humidor as well. LOL

what is cbid..... apparently my life has been too boring without this?

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

CigarBid is CIs auction site. Dangerous. If you're married and the wife doesn't like all the money you spend on cigars, just move along. It'll only get you in more trouble.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    CigarBid is CIs auction site. Dangerous. If you're married and the wife doesn't like all the money you spend on cigars, just move along. It'll only get you in more trouble.

Are you kidding? Resistance is futile. You plant that in Shaner9er's head and think he can avoid plunking down his firstborn son? I don't think so.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:

Conversely, if you're single and don't mind Ramen for every meal, jump on in. The water's fine!

• Options

Spent 2 hours pulling bullets out of 300 reloads thanks to a few suspect powder charges. They all went into a tub after loading; I didn't which may have been suspect so they all come apart.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

That sucks, been there.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually got my sample contacts in this morning. I'm really bad at it and flinch easily. I just noticed my eyelid is bruised from holding it open against my eye socket 😂

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never wanted contacts, but my glasses fog up now and fall off when I wear a mask. I have a strap to keep them on, don't know if I could put contacts in. Drops are hard enough.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Never wanted contacts, but my glasses fog up now and fall off when I wear a mask. I have a strap to keep them on, don't know if I could put contacts in. Drops are hard enough.

Never had any interest in putting things in my eyes until I had to wear a mask. I was already taking off my glasses half the time when I worked in the cooler or they'd fog up when I'd come out. Then having to put on a mask on the sales floor, I walk around most of the day without glasses on.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

corn chips and salsa...almost as good as pizza.

• Options