Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@jd50ae said:
    Nope. I am talking about poisonous black snakes that inhabit this area and that have just missed my wife twice. They have bit two of our dogs resulting in one death. As a kid I use to catch racers but I have never seen a racer on this property. We have some big corn snakes that feed well on the mice. We take the time to remove the really big corn snakes to a patch of woods some distance away. I have even seen chickens attack and kill the black snakes. I barely got a shove between, a black snake and my wife when one attacked her, lots of venom on the blade. That snake become fish and turtle food. I also now carry a 6 inch Taurus 45/410 when I am out and about.

I have black racers, here, and Indigo snakes that are black and eat poisonous snakes.
    Cottonmouths and copperheads live here, they're poisonous. Hognose "Puff Adders", are mildly poisonous, they say.

I can't think of a poisonous black snake? Although by late summer cottonmouths can be nearly black, so much so that sometimes one can't see the markings. Think that's what they are?

Yes. Also water snakes. Had a water snake actually come across our pond to attack me. All I had was a 38 colt snub nose and the snake ended up fish food. 2 of our dogs seem to be very angry when a snake gets too close and they do end them. Summer changing to cold weather seems to bring them out more then normal.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, those water snakes are aggressive critters. Can't actually hurt you, but by the time I figure out for sure that it's just a water snake they're usually dead. You can't calm them down, either. You know, you can catch a chicken snake, black rat snake, garter snake, even a hognose, and after awhile they calm down, once they know you're not going to hurt them. But the water snake never calms down.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

"Commonly known as a “water moccasin”, the cottonmouth is found mainly in the western half of the state. It’s habitat is mainly going to be in or around bodies of water such as rivers, creeks, lakes, swamps and wetlands. They are North America’s only venomous water snake."

Thank you @Stubble

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shaved and put on pants today for the first day in a long time. Had a dentist appointment and the dentist likes to pull the hairs on my mustache while he's working in my mouth.

Came home and made chicken wraps for lunch with fresh basil from the garden. Turned out great.

Now I'm sanitizing my water dispenser with a bleach water solution and rinsing it out. Too hot and muggy here, it's sapping my strength.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picking up my new (to me) truck after work. This day is already dragging. Wtf.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was gonna spend the day cutting & processing firewood. Rain put an end to those plans. Wet wood is flippin' heavy.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doing light preparation for hurricane, hopefully we get a solid 6-8” of rain, so hot and dry, need rain bad but not the wind.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck TX.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was coming down the hill from my studio this evening and saw a doe and two little ones. We don't have any nearby neighbors, mostly it's all woods. Hope the deer don't find our garden.

• Options
    Shaner9erShaner9er Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

i woke up then fell back asleep then i woke up 15 minutes later running behind of course daughter tells me shes hungry i make her breakfast and then take her to school i drive back home i log onto the VPN... and after looking over 65 emails that all came in within a span of an hour i realized something... i work with some incompetent people... oh also i had a sausage biscuit it was great!

• Options

After 6 months of staying home I had my Wife cut my hair with clippers. It's short and I'll be a lot more comfortable now.

• Options

The one day since May it isn't raining and I'm on call. Can't go anywhere or get deep into any project.

• Options

After roasting and smoking an Avo Classic #2, I realized I was hungry and missed lunch. I fixed a PB&J and put some Panters mixed nuts (like 90% peanuts) on the plate. I wasn't real careful setting the sandwich down and got some nuts stuck to the peanut butter. I ended up dipping the sandwich in the mixed nuts, it was good.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    After 6 months of staying home I had my Wife cut my hair with clippers. It's short and I'll be a lot more comfortable now.

POIDH

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

No pictures, but catch up with me on vHerf sometime for the results.

• Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recovering from a bout of food poisoning last night.
    Grilled burgers for the wife and I, she was only a little sick, I had two and was up all night with an alien in my guts. Got to sleep about 9 AM in the recliner and woke about 2.
    Crackers and ginger ale for me today.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options

Sorry to hear that, Michael. You didn’t let Nick cook those burgers, did you?

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cut back blackberries, a bunch of 10-12 ft locust and red oak trees, and wild roses as they were all crowding my studio.. Filled a 5x10 trailer with the cuttings and drove down the road to the edge of our land and pitched all over the same bank I have been using for 40 years. Had gloves but some of the thorns got thru. Spent a hour or so after supper with a Robusto while I picked the busted off thorns out.

• Options

pulling crab grass clumps and plantain in the lawn before it drops seed.

• Options

Nothin' like the aroma of diesel roasted duck (at least I think that's what it was...there wasn't much left of it) at 0530 while pulling bits of feather out of the engine intake.

• Options

Hit there

wound up here. Bad day for Daffy.

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

having to go round and round with my ex landlord about some ridiculous charges on our house we were renting. At the point where I'm either going to get a lawyer or just pay up and not buy cigars for awhile, ugh!

• Options

dug some potatoes for a potato salad.

• Options

a solution to this:

The New York Times:
    Russian intelligence is hacking campaign officials from both parties, while China has focused on penetrating the Biden campaign, Microsoft warned.
    Thursday, September 10, 2020 2:47 PM EST

The findings come one day after a government whistle-blower claimed that officials at the White House and the Department of Homeland Security suppressed intelligence concerning Russia’s continuing interference because it “made the president look bad,” and instructed government analysts to instead focus on interference by China and Iran.

well, difficult to hack from afar:

• Options

^^^^^^^ But if we use those...we're all gonna DIIIIEEEEEE! 🤣🤣🤣🤣