Home Non Cigar Related

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

48 here last night and in the mid 70's during the day. Leaves are starting to fall.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Supposed to get to 109 degrees today and the air quality is still unhealthy for sensitive groups due to all the smoke in the air around here.

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gloomy, humid and drizzling. I just want to smoke a cigar damnit but this continued weather keeps preventing it.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

@TX98Z28 said:
    Gloomy, humid and drizzling. I just want to smoke a cigar damnit but this continued weather keeps preventing it.

Yeah, I know the feeling.... 😟😟

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

The last time we had this many dragonflies we had a pot load of tornados and lost everything. Scary......nothing on doppler.
    They are everywhere....................

• Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yesterday's high was 95...today's high was 35.

@jlmarta said:

@TX98Z28 said:

Yeah, I know the feeling.... 😟😟

Still drizzling but I might be able to sneak a petite corona in, I've been smoking a lot of those when I can, especially could use a gar after the delivery damn fools mauled through the front yard again.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    edited September 2020

AQI was 170 this morning. Ain’t no way this Oldfart’s going out in that s h I t ....
    👴🏻👴🏻😷😷

It’s up to 172 today - a few more fires adding their smoky, ashy input.

On the plus side (if there is one), the layer of smoke is blocking out the sun, keeping temp’s lower than usual.... 🙄

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

You folks out on the left coast are gonna need scuba gear to breathe if this keeps up.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

Need I say more....?? 😷😷😷

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

San Jose

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jeez,I don't think driving a Prius is gonna help. You folks have air cleaners to keep you homes safer?

Yeah, running the air purifiers today.

edited September 2020

I wear my air purifier on my face when I have to go out - as in today’s doctor appointment. 😷😷

Any other time, my apartment is as good as I can get.... but look on the bright side - my stogies are getting some extra aging...... 😜

It just keeps getting worse.... 🙄

Rain, rain, rain. 50's at night 70's in the day. Wish I could send some of this wetness west.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Meanwhile on the west coast

Here’s an update:...

Note the increase since this morning... 😷😷

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love late summer..

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...

Stay safe, Marty. We went over to my MILs and taped a HVAC filter to a box fan to help with her air quality since she doesn't have an air purifier. I don't know if it was psychosomatic or if the air quality improved later but she reported being able to breath easier later that day.

It was misting this morning when I took the herf dog out to do his business. Air quality is good but predicted to take a drastic turn for the worse this weekend.

• Shaner9erShaner9er Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

1:55pm CST little cloudy light wind and 80 degrees.

38 last night and 60 today. Clear blue Carolina sky. Hunting up some kindling for the wood stove.

As predicted, the wind shifted back to northerly and our AQI went sour again. Started out at 32 yesterday morning and began climbing.

Now it’s back up to 119 (unhealthy for sensitive groups)

Ah, well....... 😷😷😷

Same here, not as bad, but we're at 96, moderate air quality.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perfect for smoking a cigar. 70* and breezy.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

Watching that hurricane, making sure it doesn’t turn left last minute or worse straight into Houston.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

7-11 feet of rain???

https://youtu.be/7ORwd9De3T0?t=163