Home Non Cigar Related

Are you voting?

123457»

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

The Donkey has a long old history rife with political chicanery. And, no, they don't all do that. If you look up "political machines" in wiki or some such, I bet you cannot find a Repub machine listed. All the notorious dead voters, mystery vote harvesters, vote suppression orgs, etc. I can think of are Dem. Thinking of Huey Long, Cook County, the KKK, Jim Crow, Daley, etc... even the grandpa of them all, the Tammany machine were all Dems. Not just many, not just most... but all. So they have loads of experience how to get this done. They believe in it, and it works. Anyone could see this coming. And not a thing will get done about it.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

"Remember the first rule of politics. The ballots don't make the results, the counters make the results. The counters. Keep counting."

Boss Tweed
    Gangs of New York.

Post edited by d_blades on

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.