Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

People that don't understand that slang can backfire, as people that don't speak english may have no clue what they mean.
    Mostly in groups that are heavily international.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

I hate mice.
    Little bastards get into everything.
    Nothing is safe and how they get in is beyond me.
    And evidently, they know we no longer have a cat.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm. Sounds like an easy solution to this one.... jus’ sayin’.. 😏

• Options

@jlmarta said:
    Hmmm. Sounds like an easy solution to this one.... jus’ sayin’.. 😏

Right?
    We have been trying not to get another cat. But I am thinking we may have no choice.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options

@0patience
    Do you live in town, Tony, or in a rural area? When I lived in a rural area in Washington State I inherited a flock of feral cats from the previous owner of the home.

Those cats were a godsend. Not only did they keep the mice under control, but they frequently left little gifts on our front porch. An occasional dead bird, numerous squirrel tails, etc. I think they were thanking us for the food we left out for them.

• Options

We live in a town of 4,000.
    So in-town is still mostly out of town.
    Warrenton is pretty much a rural town.
    Elk eat my blueberries, black tail deer eat my cherry trees, racoons and possums (we have possums, not opossums) eat anything they can find, the birds try and build nests in the eaves, where ever the bats don't try and get in, the mice and rats get into buildings.
    I welcome when the bobcats and cougar come around, cause everything else clears out, except the beavers and nutria that build their homes in the drainage ditch near the house. Luckily, the skunk, civet cats stay away from here and porcupines are only across the river in Washington.

So yeah, we're kind of in the country.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options

Well, there ya go, then. A couple cats could help.... at least until some cougar or coyote comes around and tracks ‘em down. 🤓🤣

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've trapped 15 mice, 4 voles, and 2 weasels in my rodent hotels outbuildings this fall. Just a slightly strange hobby. Seems like I've got most of them for now.

• Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    I hate the city fools who come out here to where I live to murder animals. I have nothing against legitimate hunting, do a little myself from time to time, but this is ridiculous.

I just took the dog for a walk, in the ditch less than a quarter-mile from my front door some ash-holes have dumped the carcasses of a young doe and her two fawns. They took the hind-quarters. The two fawns couldn't have stood 2 foot at the shoulders.

ASH-HOLES!!!

Ah, but whoever did that was probably “entitled” ..... there’s a lot of that going around, lately... 🙄

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disagree all you want. I still hate being stuck behind jacked up trucks blowing crap on my windshield while they go side by side as slow as they can idle.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did they have the trash can sized stacks rollin coal also?

• Options

@deadman said:
    Did they have the trash can sized stacks rollin coal also?

I didn't see any, but they never accelerated enough to actually blow any fumes.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

A full 1/8" huh?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    A full 1/8" huh?

Wow! It woulda been panic city in the Seattle area..... 🤣🤣

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the record, I've been in vegas during the blizzard of 2010 where we had an eighth of an inch of accumulated snowfall. It was pandemonium all morning, literally.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options

1/8" isn't even considered a dusting around here. More like frost or dew. It isn't even snow until it's plowable.

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's why I love living in NC. Two snowflakes and we're closed for a week.

• Options

Things I hate?

2020!

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

@YankeeMan said:
    That's why I love living in NC. Two snowflakes and we're closed for a week.

I thought driving around Charlotte in the snow or ice was bad but the Winston Salem area is far worse. Just being on the road around those idiots is putting your life into someone else’s hands. They throw out all rules to the road, individual lanes, traffic lights, and stops signs have no meaning

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

My son is stationed at Fort Bragg and we got 2 inches of snow and they closed the Fort to all non essential personnel. I was giving him some heat about it and he said that in two inches of snow, it's like bumper cars!

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:
    I hate when a player celebrates a first down when there’s 3 minutes left in the game and they’re down by 42 points....

Even worse is a defensive player on the side that's given up the 42 points celebrating making a tackle. One announcer commented during a blowout once "Let him celebrate, that's the first one they've made today."

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    For the record, I've been in vegas during the blizzard of 2010 where we had an eighth of an inch of accumulated snowfall. It was pandemonium all morning, literally.

It snowed in Tampa back in the late 70's maybe an 1/8, was as much fun as watching Phoenix drivers deal with 1/2 inch of rain.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jlmarta said:

@ShawnOL said:
    A full 1/8" huh?

Wow! It woulda been panic city in the Seattle area..... 🤣🤣

South Florida would be shut down

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's July 4th weekend here.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

For those that missed it, we regularly get feet. I live 1500 feet above town, right at the entry to the basin. At least a third of the year I get snow overnight. It’s the clowns that moved to this area and can’t drive in it that irritate me.