Home General Discussion
Options

Daily Deal

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing works. I guess CCOM has put me on a buying freeze.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

It let me do it from the phone, but not the PC. Confusing.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Seemed to work for me. Try now. Did you enroll in the new super elite club?

I keep getting an error when I try.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have my reconquistas on order, or at least I think I do. Guess what? I'm a bronze member!

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 298 admin

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Two things:

Reconquistas are up

Can't buy them because the page doesn't work.

@TheCigarChick ?

Just tried it on my phone and had no problem without even being logged into my account.

There’s product available, so it should allow you to add to cart, and then check out.

• Options

@TheCigarChick said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Two things:

Reconquistas are up

@TheCigarChick ?

Just tried it on my phone and had no problem without even being logged into my account.

There’s product available, so it should allow you to add to cart, and then check out.

It did work on my phone, so I got the purchase, but it didn't work on the PC. I never purchase anything from my phone, this is the first time.

I believe @Yakster experienced the same thing with his PC, so, there's a problem somewhere. Thanks for looking into it.

• Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@TheCigarChick said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Two things:

Reconquistas are up

@TheCigarChick ?

It did work on my phone, so I got the purchase, but it didn't work on the PC. I never purchase anything from my phone, this is the first time.

I believe @Yakster experienced the same thing with his PC, so, there's a problem somewhere. Thanks for looking into it.

I just tried to replicate it after clearing my cache, et al, and I can't seem to replicate it on my laptop. What I did get was an odd disfiguration of the pop-up after you click "add to cart" from the DCD page, so I've brought this all to IT's attention.

• Options

@TheCigarChick said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@TheCigarChick said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Two things:

Reconquistas are up

@TheCigarChick ?

I just tried to replicate it after clearing my cache, et al, and I can't seem to replicate it on my laptop. What I did get was an odd disfiguration of the pop-up after you click "add to cart" from the DCD page, so I've brought this all to IT's attention.

On mine all the checkout info was superimposed over the other script, and the buttons wouldn't work for complete order.

• Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@TheCigarChick said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Two things:

Reconquistas are up

@TheCigarChick ?

Hope this gets resolved. I didn't have a problem with the daily deal but did have a problem enrolling in the Elite Advantage program. CCOM's IT handled this (thanks for the assist @TheCigarChick) and found that I didn't have a birth date on file, once that was resolved everything worked fine.

• Options

@Amos_Umwhat

Are you by any chance able to replicate this experience and take a screen shot?

• Options

@TheCigarChick said:
    @Amos_Umwhat

Are you by any chance able to replicate this experience and take a screen shot?

Hmm. Maybe. If I can remember how to take a screen shot with the PC. I know I can with the phone, because I do it accidently all the time, but that's no help. I can't recall ever doing it with the PC. Let me see if it's still happening.

• Options

Well, that didn't work, I tried to copy and paste.

• Options
    edited January 2021

@TheCigarChick ; Kind of the long way around, but took a pic and sent it from the phone.

Admissions:
    1 I'm a dinosaur, a relic of an earlier age, and though I appreciate these new typewriters, I don't always understand them

2 I live in an area where connection is sketchy at best. The townspeople voted in new lines so they could have high-speed internet, then, once the towns lines were in, they stopped funding the project because, "Hey, those folks out there don't need it, half of them still use woodstoves." My phone lines were laid sometime around 1948.

3 My PC is more than 5 years old, so, in the modern terms that most are used to thinking in I probably should have just canned it and replaced it with something newer at least twice by now.

• Options
    SarahSSarahS Moderator Posts: 10 admin

@Amos_Umwhat
    What browser are you using on your Desktop? If it's Internet Explorer (IE), can you try Chrome or Firefox. Let me know either way, please!

Thanks!

Sarah Stern | IT QA Manager | CIGAR.com
    1911 Spillman Drive | Bethlehem, PA 18015
    PH 800-357-9800 | FAX 877-464-2872
    sstern@CIGAR.com

• Options

@SarahS said:
    @Amos_Umwhat
    What browser are you using on your Desktop? If it's Internet Explorer (IE), can you try Chrome or Firefox. Let me know either way, please!

Thanks!

Chrome. I started using it because I had problems with IE and Firefox. I also have MS Edge, I could try with that, though I rarely use it.

• Options
    edited January 2021

Same result. I should add that anytime I add to the cart I have to refresh the page to get it to load. This happens on both browsers. This hasn't happened on any other site I've made purchases from, just here.

I may simply have to go back to phoning in orders. Probably save me $.

• Options

@Amos_Umwhat Thanks for the details. I am going to test this with our QA team. I did not see this ahead of our rollout, and this is the first I heard of it. I wonder if a slow connection could cause this, as there is a lot to load in the cart, but that theory might be difficult to test.

Tag me if you see anything else weird/wonky and I apologize for the inconvenience.

sstern@CIGAR.com

• Options

@Yakster said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@TheCigarChick said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Two things:

Reconquistas are up

@TheCigarChick ?

Hope this gets resolved. I didn't have a problem with the daily deal but did have a problem enrolling in the Elite Advantage program. CCOM's IT handled this (thanks for the assist @TheCigarChick) and found that I didn't have a birth date on file, once that was resolved everything worked fine.

And thanks too @SarahS for fixing it for me.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,718 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasn't too long ago we all used dial-up and html was frowned on because of its high bandwidth.

• Options
    edited January 2021

@SarahS said:
    @Amos_Umwhat keeping you in the loop - it is due to a slow connection, however we want all connections to work with out site :smile: We are able to reproduce it and it will be addressed in a future site update (no ETA yet).

You guys now know how to find me if you see anything else! :wink:

Sarah, I was able to make a purchase this morning. The script is still superimposed, but at least one of the buttons worked, so that's an improvement.

A couple of things though, I don't think the "Elite" deal is working. Not sure. What I do know is that my purchase more than doubled the $150 free shipping offer, and yet, no free shipping. In fact, it wouldn't allow the so-called Super Saver Shipping at all, said it was not available for this purchase. $385 > $150 by a bit. Perhaps this is something that will be corrected?

cc @TheCigarChick

• Options

@Amos_Umwhat

We had an update this week, and I did see the free shipping not work, but when I refreshed, it was correct. It might be a caching/slowness issue, which I was never able to reproduce a second time. I refreshed my cart, went back to the checkout and was good. I will keep my eye out on that one, because I know I did see it this week.

For the overlapping text, we have a potential fix in the works, which I have to retest. If it works, it would updated on the site in approx. 2 weeks (early Feb).

sstern@CIGAR.com

• Options

Reconquista 10 packs for 50 bucks today. That doesn't suck.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

aw, you made me look, Frank. All I see are a couple of connies and a DE Java "Just when you thought Java couldn't get any better...enter Java Mint,". lol.

• Options

Oh dang, sorry. Joe has the 'quistas today.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭✭✭

SB has David & Goliath sampler up.