Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Fun and Games

Comments

• Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I'm shocked that I had 2 options and picked the wrong one... I hope the sarcasm translates
  • Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    I feel bad that Robby lost, I would have picked the stang had it been available. I am pretty stoked that I won though. I finally popped my cherry in the fun and games section. PM sent vulchor
  • Options
    I suppose I will ask my first question now, to keep this game going. What was my first command in the Navy? I'll give my first hint. When I got to it, I was standing on a pier.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Not so up on Navy Lingo.....are you asking what city/state or ship/assignment etc.? I guess that's why this game is soooo tough sometimes. I'll go with San Diego or Whales **** resepctfully.
  • Options
    whales **** is close, but no cigar. I'm looking for name of the ship
  • Options
    letsgowithbob:
    whales **** is close, but no cigar. I'm looking for name of the ship

Can you narrow it down a tad? Like...was it a combat ship or support or medical...is it currently on active duty?

My guess.....The Gettysburg CG-64 only because my dad was on the boat and it would be AWESOME if you knew him haha. the whole small world thing.

• Options
    I think I picked a pretty crappy question...lol. Sorry guys. the type of ship is aircraft carrier.
  • Options
    letsgowithbob:
    I think I picked a pretty crappy question...lol. Sorry guys. the type of ship is aircraft carrier.

I shall go with USS George Washington (CVN 73) Final Answer specifically the 90s?
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    letsgowithbob:
    That's whay makes it fun is the challenge! It's no fun if it's a gimme
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    USS Dwight D Eisenhower
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    none of the guesses are correct so far. One of the "prize cigars" handed out will be a man o war special edition figurado
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    USS Nimitz
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    I feel your pain if you were ships company. I was a HT on cell block 69 (Ike). If you were air wing go f*ck yourself. Kidding. I'm going to have to guess the reagon CVN 76. But seriously on the air wing. Lol
  • Options
    Thewelder:
    I feel your pain if you were ships company. I was a HT on cell block 69 (Ike). If you were air wing go f*ck yourself. Kidding. I'm going to have to guess the reagon CVN 76. But seriously on the air wing. Lol
    Why the hatred, you guys had all the sh*t!! lol. Wasn't air wing, AIMD here. None of the guesses are right so far, but getting closer, only a matter of time
  • Options
    I think it's time for another clue. The aircraft carrier had/has a conventional powerplant. It is/was a non nuclear carrier (it's designation would have been CV- not CVN- )
  • Options
    Okay I need to get these out on monday at the latest, or they aren't coming for a week or so, here's another clue. The aircraft carrier that I was on was forward deployed (it lived) in Japan
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    USS Kennedy
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Ooooo I know, pick me, in the back, I know the answer. Oooo. Damn two more hours until my 24 hour limit.
  • Options
    Japan conventional. Gotta be the one and only shittie kitty. Though depending on how long ago you served ,aybe the kitty hawk wasn't that bad
  • Options
    Nope The kitty hawk was the one that replaced us. I think I picked the dumbest question so far..lol...sorry everyone.
  • Options
    Damn that's going beyond my knowledge.
  • Options
    This aircraft carrier was the first aircraft carrier in the world to visit malaysia
  • Options
    It was decomissioned in 1998 in Bremerton Washington
  • Options
    Someone has to guess this, I only have till monday to get a package out. and then I'm in south america for a bit......come on google.....!!!
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I am not on the good traders list because I have never done any of this before but I think I have the correct carrier. I PM'd you with the answer I didnt want to post it here because I didnt want to ruin the game for anyone else. If you could just please let me know if I was right. Thanks
  • Options
    If Dustin did not get it I guess  USS Independence CV 62

• Options
    Crusader1545:
    If Dustin did not get it I guess  USS Independence CV 62

Yes crusader you got it. PM me your address, and I'll send some sticks out to you tomorrow.
  • Options
    Just for the record, dustin also guessed the right answer, but according to the rules has to be on the good traders list. Thanks everyone, and next time I will pick a little more general question..lol
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Dustin1981:
    I am not on the good traders list because I have never done any of this before but I think I have the correct carrier. I PM'd you with the answer I didnt want to post it here because I didnt want to ruin the game for anyone else. If you could just please let me know if I was right. Thanks
    I stole a book of matches from you in Ohio at the herf. Can I add you to the "good trader list" since we technically made a trade? I traded you long winded conversation for a book of mattches... or something like that...
  • Options
    Ok guys my challenge is this. Where am I eating right now ( 7pm on a Monday.) I just had a beer they serve American style food. I am in Alabama and this place is a chain founded between 1930 and 1960