Home General Discussion

Upcoming cigar release

Comments

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@NorCalR1 said:

These look so damn good!

We should schedule a Vegas Herf at the same time as this show in the future.

Are these Event Only? If not can anyone please PM me a source if there are any left, those are beautiful!!!

Sorry bro. Cigar.com sources only. You're teetering on the Harry edge of a banishment!

That was for posting sources not private messaging them.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@NorCalR1 said:

These look so damn good!

Are these Event Only? If not can anyone please PM me a source if there are any left, those are beautiful!!!

Sorry bro. Cigar.com sources only. You're teetering on the Harry edge of a banishment!

Yeah I know. It was just a joke bro...

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

@VegasFrank said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@NorCalR1 said:

These look so damn good!

Yeah I know. It was just a joke bro...

Frank I honestly thought you were serious lol

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

I'm sure @Cam_91 can dig up a source

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

@TX98Z28 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@NorCalR1 said:

These look so damn good!

This was great lol

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,234 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@NorCalR1 said:

These look so damn good!

They aren't for sale yet

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

@Usaf06 said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@NorCalR1 said:

These look so damn good!

They aren't for sale yet

Thank you for the info. I could only find Hive samplers but they didn’t have all the cigars included with them, plus we’re sold out already.

@Usaf06 said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@NorCalR1 said:

These look so damn good!

They aren't for sale yet

How did you get one then?

Plasencia Cosecha 149 Launched at 2021 PCA Trade Show

At the 2021 Trade Show, Plasencia Cigars launched the Plasencia Cosecha 149. The name Cosecha is Spanish for Harvest. In the case of the Cosecha 149, it’s a cigar comprised of 100% Honduran tobacco from the Plasencia family’s 149th harvest.

The Plasencia 149 is the second installment of Plasencia’s Cosecha series. In 2017, Plasencia launched the Plasencia 146, a cigar made up of tobaccos from the Plasencia’s 146th crop that was harvested in 2011. The Plasencia 149 features tobaccos harvested in 2014 from various Plasencia family farms in Honduras.

The Plasencia Cosecha 149 is presented in three sizes – each in ten-count boxes. It is a Honduran puro using tobacco from the Plasencia family’s various Honduran farms. This medium to full-bodied blend features plenty of spice and toasty crispness (which is unique to Honduran tobacco). The smoking experience changes to a smoother, balanced middle finish.

“We are so excited to present the Plasencia Cosecha 149 at this year’s PCA. Honduran tobacco is incredibly unique. We felt strongly that to commemorate our 149th harvest the cigar needed to set itself apart. We look forward to sharing this blend with the smoking public, ” commented CEO Nestor Andrés Plasencia in a press release prior to the 2021 PCA Trade Show.

At a glance, here is a look at the Plasencia Cosecha 149:

Blend and Origin
    Wrapper: Honduran
    Binder: Honduran
    Filler: Honduran
    Country of Origin: Honduras
    Factory: Tabacos de Oriente

Vitolas Offered
    Santa Fe (Gordito): 4.3/4 X 60. (MSRP $12.00)
    La Vega: (Robusto): 5 X 52. (MSRP $13.00)
    Azuacualpa (Toro): 6 X 52 (MSRP $14.50)

Photo Credit: Erron Nielsen for Cigar Coop

ALEC & BRADLEY WAGYU A5 JR Ccom 50TH ANNOUNCED

BURLINGTON, N.C. – As their 50th Anniversary Celebration marches on, JR Cigar Cigar.com is adding another top-notch manufacturer to their list of collaborators. For this project, JR has teamed with Alec and Bradley Rubin, the name sakes of Alec Bradley Cigars and the founders of Alec & Bradley.

The Alec & Bradley Wagyu A5 is a unique, limited edition cigar blended and created by the Rubin brothers. It takes its name from the Japanese beef that has become world renowned for its flavor, visual appearance and high price tag.

“We wanted to create a cigar that evoked the characteristics of Wagyu beef: luxury, flavor and rarity and that’s exactly what you get,” says Bradley Rubin. Alec Rubin adds, “We also wanted to create a rich and meaty blend that would pair well with Wagyu beef and create a similar flavor profile. I think we nailed it.”

Hand crafted in Honduras at the iconic Raices Cubanas factory, the Alec & Bradley Wagyu A5 uses aged long filler from Nicaragua, Colombia and Honduras to achieve a rich and meaty core. The Honduran Habano binder adds in touches of spice, while the Mexican San Andrés wrapper brings it home with notes of dark chocolate, dark fruit and a touch of sweetness.

Offered in a 10-count box, the Alec & Bradley Wagyu A5 is available in one size: 6×52 Toro. Just 500 boxes have been made.

Priced at $12.00 per cigar; $109.95. per box, this cigar will be available July 19 exclusively at JRcigars Cigar.com

• TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cam_91 said:
    ALEC & BRADLEY WAGYU A5 JR Ccom 50TH ANNOUNCED

BURLINGTON, N.C. – As their 50th Anniversary Celebration marches on, JR Cigar Cigar.com is adding another top-notch manufacturer to their list of collaborators. For this project, JR has teamed with Alec and Bradley Rubin, the name sakes of Alec Bradley Cigars and the founders of Alec & Bradley.

The Alec & Bradley Wagyu A5 is a unique, limited edition cigar blended and created by the Rubin brothers. It takes its name from the Japanese beef that has become world renowned for its flavor, visual appearance and high price tag.

“We wanted to create a cigar that evoked the characteristics of Wagyu beef: luxury, flavor and rarity and that’s exactly what you get,” says Bradley Rubin. Alec Rubin adds, “We also wanted to create a rich and meaty blend that would pair well with Wagyu beef and create a similar flavor profile. I think we nailed it.”

Hand crafted in Honduras at the iconic Raices Cubanas factory, the Alec & Bradley Wagyu A5 uses aged long filler from Nicaragua, Colombia and Honduras to achieve a rich and meaty core. The Honduran Habano binder adds in touches of spice, while the Mexican San Andrés wrapper brings it home with notes of dark chocolate, dark fruit and a touch of sweetness.

Offered in a 10-count box, the Alec & Bradley Wagyu A5 is available in one size: 6×52 Toro. Just 500 boxes have been made.

Priced at $12.00 per cigar; $109.95. per box, this cigar will be available July 19 exclusively at JRcigars Cigar.com

I have very conflicting thoughts

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet another cigar coming out in a 10ct. box. Not a fan of small boxes.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

@ShawnOL said:
    Yet another cigar coming out in a 10ct. box. Not a fan of small boxes.

I’m a fan of the price tho

AVO ANNOUNCES AVO SYNCRO CARIBE

For the first time in four years, AVO Cigars will introduce a new blend in the brand’s contemporary Syncro series, as they announced the AVO Syncro Caribe today in a press release.

AVO Syncro Caribe follows the AVO Syncro Nicaragua (2015), AVO Syncro Nicaragua Fogata (2016), and AVO Syncro South America Ritmo (2017), now focusing on the “flavors, rhythm, and lifestyle” of the Caribbean—of which Caribe is the Spanish translation.

Since the beginning, this series has been themed around the synchronization of tobaccos from multinational regions, often focusing on regions not commonly used in AVO’s traditionally Dominican comfort zone. To showcase the Caribbean vibe, AVO Syncro Caribe incorporates tobaccos of the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, and Nicaragua.

AVO has also touted a blending process dubbed Natural Distribution:

This dynamic cigar was blended to showcase a process we are calling ‘Natural Distribution’ in which the proportions of the tobaccos on any given plant is perfectly matched in the blending process. Specifically, the ratios of tobaccos from each priming are matched in the blend in all vitolas.

The cigars will ship in mid-August, available in three formats: Robusto (5″ x 50), Toro (6″ x 52), and Special Toro (6″ x 60). The cigars are packaged in boxes of 20 cigars, priced from $10.90 to $12.90 MSRP per cigar.

AVO SYNCRO CARIBE BREAKDOWN
    Wrapper: Dominican Republic
    Binder: Ecuador
    Filler: Dominican Republic | Nicaragua
    Factory: OK Cigar Corp, Inc. (Dominican Republic)
    Production: Regular Production
    Packaging: 20-ct boxes
    Vitolas: 3
    Price: $10.90–$12.90 (MSRP)
    Release: August 2021

Robusto: 5″ x 50 | $10.90
    Toro: 6″ x 52 | $11.90
    Special Toro: 6″ x 60 | $12.90

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is OK Cigar Corp, Inc. Davidoff?

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure, it's next door to the Davidoff factory as of this old article that talks about both.

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/normalcy-in-the-dominican-republic-8112

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

Royal Danish Cigars is back, but ...

... with a new brand name: House of Nicaragua / King of Ashes - due legal issues with the Danish Government and the Royal Family, Jan Vistisen (Owner of Royal Danish/House of Nicaragua) had to changed the name and take this as a opportunity to create new blends and new cigars. And so here are the first two of his new line.

Since its humble beginnings in 1840 as a cigar created for export to the United Kingdom, Punch has been a stalwart brand that has weathered many storms and withstood the test of time. It has captured the palates and hearts of generations of cigar enthusiasts, most notably discerning American smokers who continually turn to Punch for its expert craftsmanship, indulgent flavor and confident branding.

To commemorate the momentous occasion of the brand’s 180th anniversary, Punch is proud to release its most limited offering to date with “Aniversario,” a spectacular cigar befitting the Punch legacy.

Ed Lahmann, senior brand manager of Punch said, “Perhaps more than any other handmade cigar brand that has graced a tobacconist’s humidor, Punch has been symbolic of a trailblazer, a maverick and one who is unapologetically self-assured in their choices. Today, we celebrate Punch as the first name in Honduran-crafted cigars with this special release. We look forward to upholding the brand’s legacy for today’s Punch loyalists and the next generation of Punch enthusiasts.”

The Punch blending team at the HATSA factory in Danli, Honduras developed the cigar to offer an indulgent, hourlong smoking experience, giving the Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper additional cedar aging to enhance the tobacco and create a deeper, richer profile. The blend features proprietary, hand-selected leaves from the Dominican Republic, Nicaragua and Honduras and a Connecticut Broadleaf binder to create a dimensional, earthy cigar that is equally as indulgent as it is satisfying.

Punch Aniversario will be released exclusively to select brick and mortar retailers in early September and only 3,400 boxes of this commemorative blend have been produced. The cigars are presented in ten-count wooden boxes, handsomely accented with navy and gold.

Punch Aniversario Double Corona (7.25 x 54); SRP per cigar $14.99

Fifteen bucks a stick?

Anyone have experience with these? Also… WARNING: Flashing bright images

ESPINOSA & CIGAR DOJO REUNITE FOR PSYCHEDELIC TURTLE II

Cigar Dojo and Espinosa Premium Cigars have reunited to showcase a fresh take on the duo’s offbeat pet project, introducing the Psychedelic Turtle II.

What are the ingredients of a great blockbuster sequel? More color, more action, more EVERYTHING! All the while sprinkling in familiar callbacks to the original… what’s not to love? This is the Psychedelic Turtle II in a nutshell, or halfshell, if we may.

Psychedelic Turtle II brings back the vibrant feel and turtle-pressed shape of the original Psychedelic Turtle cigar, now boasting high-grade tobaccos from the vaults of A.J. Fernández and his northernmost factory of Ocotal, Nicaragua. This includes selections from Nicaragua’s Condega, Ometepe, and Jalapa growing regions, used throughout the filler. This recipe is bound in a Jalapa leaf and finalized with a Mexican San Andrés maduro wrapper, taking the experience into darker and uncharted territory.

“In 2019 we released the Psychedelic Turtle, and it was one of our more unique and fun projects we have collaborated on. We really wanted to revisit the cigar but make it even better, and the Espinosa team came up with a blend that, in my opinion, could be one of their very best,” commented Eric Guttormson, owner of Cigar Dojo.

Psychedelic Turtle II continues where the original left off, releasing the cigars in multicolored bundles; for this release, the selections are: Sublime, Go-Mango, Panther Pink, Top Banana, and Plum Crazy. This now continues to the foot decoration, where each bundle contains cigars bound in Sublime, Go-Mango, Turquoise Turtle, Top Banana, and Plum Crazy ribbons. And as with the original 2019 release, Psychedelic Turtle II bundles have randomly been stuffed with the rare golden ticket prize of an invite to Espinosa’s 2021 La Zona Palooza festival, held at the company’s headquarters in Hialeah, FL (*offer for event only, airfare and lodging not included). While there were only three tickets in the 2019 release, there will be 10 tickets in circulation for Psychedelic Turtle II.

Erik Espinosa, owner of Espinosa Premium Cigars, commented, “Just like Sarsaparilla, when the Dojo and Espinosa get together, we make magic. Here is the new Psychedelic Turtle with a delicious dark wrapper, which makes this Turtle even more funky than before.

It’s delicious, and for an extra treat, a ticket to LZP21.”

Psychedelic Turtle II will be offered exclusively through partner and online retailer JR Cigar, with 500 bundles of 10 cigars scheduled to go live on August 6, 2021 at 12pm (Eastern Time). Pricing is set at $89.95 MSRP per bundle, though a 10% off coupon will be made available to Dojoverse.com app members.

PSYCHEDELIC TURTLE II BREAKDOWN
    Wrapper: Mexican San Andrés
    Binder: Nicaragua (Jalapa)
    Filler: Nicaragua (Condega | Ometepe | Jalapa)
    Factory: San Lotano
    Production: Limited Edition (5,000 cigars)
    Packaging: 10-ct Bundles
    Vitola: 5″ x 56 “Turtle Press” (Robusto Grande)
    Price: $89.95 ($9/cigar)
    Release: August 6, 2021
    Retailer: JR Cigar

via Cigar Dojo

edited August 2021

Holyyy **** are you **** kidding me?! Who in the **** is buying any of that ****???

And here’s my noob comment of the week: I’ve never had anything Fuente 🤷🏻‍♂️ shoulder shrug

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

Box Split?