Home Non Cigar Related

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Do I need to start watching episodes of World Poker Tour to see if you are making it big?

No chance, I’m what other players refer to as a nit.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 that's awesome

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

More from the show.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

@Jrflickster said:
    @Hobbes86 that's awesome

It's a great show with far more cool things than I could post. They get all sorts of old machinery going, even the old steam tractor powered wood mills.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic, thanks for posting the pictures, sure wish I was there.

@silvermouse said:
    Fantastic, thanks for posting the pictures, sure wish I was there.

You're welcome, I thought a few of you fellas might find them interesting.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lots to do, zero energy.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoying the Carole King and James Taylor Documentary 'Just Call Out My Name' documentary on HBO Max.

I was out on the Man Patio vHerfing with youins when I heard my Wife come home. I decided to come inside and welcome her home with a cold beverage and put something on that wouldn't interrupt conversation. She's upstairs now cooking dinner and talking on the phone while I'm downstairs enjoying the concert documentary.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

Years ago, 10 or more, I installed a wireless doorbell; the wires going to the old buttons were aging and brittle, and wireless was the way to go rather than run new wires. It has its plusses in that the bell is portable and I can take it upstairs when I'm smoking and expecting a package or it'll go downstairs when I'm roasting. The downside is having to replace batteries in the receiver as well as in the buttons outside, and there have been times when I was unaware the batteries were dead and missed that someone was here.
    Fast forward to the present, starting Sunday morning, the doorbell is ringing from the front and back doors mysteriously all on its own with no apparent reason. It could be some interference from a signal from a neighbor, or an internal malfunction. Either way, I have no idea what's causing it. All I know is it's driving me nuts because my immediate reaction is to jump and see who's at the door.
    I've pulled the batteries out of it, and am now shopping for a new unit. They don't make this Honeywell unit anymore so it'll mean the hassle of drilling new holes in the hallway to mount the dinger and in the outside doorjambs for new buttons.
    Another case of new technology making new headaches.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Might be something inside the door bell button that's triggering the ring

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

If you turn off the button and just have power to the receiver do you still hear dinging? If so, it's in your head or you have interference from another source.

I used to have X-10 light switch controllers and a neighbor had one on the same frequency so we'd turn each other's lights on and off. You have to stick with it until they give up the frequency because you were there first. It's principles.

Maybe take your button on walkabout and press it a lot and see if anyone answers their door.

I'm sure the reality is less fun than all of this.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good ideas, John and Chris. It could be a spider inside one of the buttons and is shorting it out. But when it gives a false alarm it rings both (different) doors. So I'd guess it has to be the ringer. If it was interference, it shouldn't be receiving two different signals. I'm going to admit defeat soon and buy something new.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    front door:

Nice Knocker

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

Cats are the best

Car wash awesome

You're the man, @Trykflyr_1