Home Non Cigar Related

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

‘Bout damn time winter showed up….

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:
    Marshmallow, and still coming down. My son's school was canceled, much to his disappointment.

Where the hell do you live that they cancel school for 2-3" of snow? The deep south?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

They close it down here for a skiff and sometimes for just a forecast. I remember having to go to school during heavy snow, the busses didn't run but if you lived in town you walked.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL

Not all schools canceled, but we have a winter weather advisory due to wind gusts and continued snowfall.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

We didn't get a single snow flake but there were state plows out and a truck spreading rock salt this morning in the rain.

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

18 degrees and windy this AM. Mittens instead of gloves for my morning walk.

Yep. It’s cold.

Up side is we start gaining daylight Thursday…

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm so used to the "Real Feel" being lower than the actual temp, and I'm a bit puzzled on how the perceived temp can be warmer than the actual temperature. Are they saying that your senses lose something when it gets that cold?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m thinking that past the point of -23 it just don’t friggin matter anymore

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I was a kid living outside of Anchorage I noticed it. Something to do with the atmospheric capacity to hold water, I think. Zero degrees was not that bad, -10 was freezing cold and I didn't want to go sledding anymore, but -20 wasn't that bad. I didn't understand it, but I sure felt it.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

I feel your pain, brother.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CharlieHeis said:
    Stay warm folks

I just saw on a map that you were -16 a couple of hours back. Yowzer.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

Forecast like most, is single digits and - digits till Monday, high wind, light snow coming down now. Digging out my snowmobile suit for use during woodbox refills

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

60 degrees now at 1PM supposed to be 1 degree in the morning.

I’ve got the same thing here…but they’ve been raising the projected temps for tomorrow.

58f and raining. Sorry, had to be that guy. Don't worry. We'll be artic this weekend, too.

@ShawnOL said:
    58f and raining. Sorry, had to be that guy. Don't worry. We'll be artic this weekend, too.

Lol yeah I had 62 yesterday…now it’s 0