Home General Discussion

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems to be related to using a VPN.

Thanks all for the welcome.

I made a post here and in another thread with no issues, but the last two posts I've tried to make have gone into my "drafts", with the message of something like "your post will be added after it is approved". Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong?

@TRayB said:
    Thanks all for the welcome.

I made a post here and in another thread with no issues, but the last two posts I've tried to make have gone into my "drafts", with the message of something like "your post will be added after it is approved". Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong?

ETA, the issue seems to be resolved, I just posted the three posts saved in my drafts.

It's happening again.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

😂😂😂

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Testing, looks like the site has a case of the hiccups again. Multiple posts and posts getting stuck in moderation. Seems to particularly effect @TRayB.

@TheCigarChick can you have someone take a look?

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

@Yakster said:
    Testing, looks like the site has a case of the hiccups again. Multiple posts and posts getting stuck in moderation. Seems to particularly effect @TRayB.

She fixed it. Now all of my attempts posted at once, Haha. Is there a way I can delete the extras?

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:

@Yakster said:

She fixed it. Now all of my attempts posted at once, Haha. Is there a way I can delete the extras?

Nope.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?

@Stubble said:

@TRayB said:

@Yakster said:

Nope.

@Stubble, thanks. A whole bunch of stuff became unstuck all at once, I have triple and quadruple posts in several threads now. It looks bad on my part, sorry.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fvcking noobs. ;-)

You get one hour to edit a post. And editing is all you can do, it can't be removed.

Every so often I see I have a few drafts waiting for me to act on, but when I check the thread it was in the original post is there. So, somehow some posts get posted and become drafts as well.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    edited January 2023

We once had a batch of hundreds of old posts released from moderation, flooded the forum with irrelevant old replies. I happens, don't worry.

Thanks for taking care of the issue, Lindsay.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love you, @TheCigarChick. I'll smoke a cigar in your honor this afternoon.

• TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin

@silvermouse said:
    Love you, @TheCigarChick. I'll smoke a cigar in your honor this afternoon.

Make it something good, lol.

@TheCigarChick said:
    You guys can't delete duplicate posts, but I can! (haha)

@TRayB, I think I got them all.

@TheCigarChick, perfect! Thank You, I will smoke a cigar in your honor tonight! Is a Monte Cristo Platinum acceptable?

Todd

• TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin

@TheCigarChick, perfect! Thank You, I will smoke a cigar in your honor tonight! Is a Monte Cristo Platinum acceptable?

Todd

@TRayB, great choice! Monte Platinum I feel is one of those classics that's often overlooked.

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Welcome to the forum!

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum @Sampson. There’s a lot of good info to be found here. Check out the “what are you smoking” threads (morning, afternoon, night) to see some of our regular favorites. There is also a Ccom top 25 list or two floating around somewhere. The really serious, in depth, intellectual discussions happen on the vHerf. There is also a thread with the information for it. People usually start signing on around 8:30 - 9:00pm est. Just bring your thick skin and don’t take things too seriously.

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard @Sampson

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @Sampson

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• SampsonSampson Posts: 92 ✭✭✭✭

That is an interesting top 25 list, I have had several that were mentioned that I am surprised didn't make the list so I will have to add these to the should try list.

Thank you for the welcome everyone

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy cats! A newbie that didn't just ask a question and run!

I'm impressed. Welcome @Sampson .

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • PuertoRicoShawnPuertoRicoShawn Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭

Good to see you @Sampson

When you’re finished changing, you’re finished. —Ben Franklin

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard, @Sampson . Stick around and you will learn a lot about cigars and get plenty of recommendations.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @Sampson

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome!

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

:) Good to see a new face, welcome.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.