Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol I love being a troll...

Thanks Nick...appreciate the kind thoughts.

I'm no doctor, but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night, and so I'm guessing that it was less severe each time you contracted it because the evolved strains of the virus were less and less deadly and/or powerful, which is an evolutionary track that nearly all known viruses follow because it is theri adaptation to ensure survival.

Funny, after nearly 70 percent of the population getting it, we are nowhere near the hollow "herd immunity" that we were promised.... 😂

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

Indeed, the virus usually progresses into less deadly forms. And the immune system gets better at recognizing and negating the virus. Two things can be true.

As for "herd immunity", I believe that takes awhile. Generations maybe. Of course, those who were already better suited at fighting it off tend to still be with us, so, there's that.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

The only big mystery, for me, is the big conflict.

Again, dafuq?

Why?

No, please don't try to tell me anyone, I'm pretty sure I'll still be mystified.

Glad we're all still here.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

My beef with the vaccine was that the government made it a contest for the pharmaceutical companies to come out with a vaccine first. The prize was billions of dollars and immunity if people died or had other complications. Combined with the Democrat party pushing it on everyone and fostering hate against those who were skeptical.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

Vaccine created multiple billionaires on tax payer dime. That medicine should have been the cheapest ever given out but instead, the government was paying 25 a dose. Get the fùck out of here with that.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options

^^No denying that.

Of course, it opens up another can of worms, the parasitic nature of government / "health care" relationship. You've got Big Pharma conning everyone that they need high prices to pay for the research, which the taxpayer's already paid for. And then, there's the cabal of the evil emperor headed up by the Frist family and their acolyte Darth Vader aka Rick Scott...

Never mind. Nobody cares, as long as the rich get richer, and my blood pressure can't take it.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

What was Woody Harrelson thinking, spewing that garbage on SNL.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

I dunno. Don't understand the reference. I pretty much gave up on SNL not long after John Belushi died.

• Options
  • Options

Funny stuff. For a minute I thought "what?", but the irony of the wrap up was great

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

Woody didn't kill himself.

• Options

Department of Energy now says the virus likely leaked from Wuhan. I swear, it's almost like all the conspiracy theories were correct. If there is a way for people who lost loved ones to file lawsuits against the Chinese government then they better do it. Wrongful death cases bring lots of money.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options

Reparations, a term you hear kicked around a lot recently, that's what China owes for unleashing this bs on the world. Restrict travel from Wuhan to the rest of China but let them travel throughout the world.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

UK's secretary of health asking when to deploy the new variant in December 2020. From his cell phone records.

-- Winston Churchill

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went to go fact check that and found it being reported by the BBC. I tend to trust the BBC more than most other news outlets...

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff said:
    Went to go fact check that and found it being reported by the BBC. I tend to trust the BBC more than most other news outlets...

If Nick says it, that's good enough for me.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

lol

CDC investigating COVID outbreak after its own annual conference

https://thehill.com/homenews/3984368-cdc-investigating-covid-outbreak-after-its-own-annual-conference/

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure the investigation will reveal the need for MORE BOOSTERS!!!!

• Options

Crazy, no one saw this coming.

-- Winston Churchill

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't look ↑
  • Options

-- Winston Churchill

• Options

We had some heated discussions on this but I don't think there is any question anymore.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

two weeks after 2nd booster and a flu vax I came down with an immune system disorder. One day I was splitting wood and the next I couldn't get out of bed without lots of pain.Been on steroids for half a year. And now been diagnosed with lumbar spinal stenosis, partially due to the side effect of the meds, and I can barely walk or stand on my feet for more than a few minutes. I'm not an anti-vaxer but figure i'd throw that out here, correlation or causation? 6 months and I've turned into an old man. (and because of the steroids I still have to wear a mask around people.) The vax didn't suppress my immune system, quite the opposite, overactivity is the problem. I need meds to suppress it.

• Options

Thanks, I value having this list to occasionally vent my frustration. I'll keep it to a minimum. As for the vax issues it is interesting that on the Mayo Clinic list for PMR there are a few others who have found a correspondence between covid vax and onset of the disease, fwiw.

• Options
    edited June 2023

I don't know if the research has been done, but I do know that many of the nurses I've worked with seem to eventually develop the diseases associated with over-active immune systems. Lupus, psoriases, etc. Probably the result of so much exposure to so many illnesses. Goes to show that there can be too much of a good thing, (i.e. immune response) I suppose.

• Options

-- Winston Churchill