Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Afraid I went over to the dark side and use a propane grill now. I do have 7 or 8 2x14x8' rough planks drying in the cellar; not sure what I am going to do with them. It was a big tree. Most of the rest (about two cords) will get split for fire wood. I have a little hibachi and will try the cherry in it. Does it add much flavor to what you grill? @Patrickbrick

I notice the flavor, and use cherry for chicken and fish

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, that's it. Phils lose 4-2, lose the series 4-3. That's baseball. Next year is another year.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for your lose

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Must keep you pretty busy.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    Just my yearly reminder to be the hero of the neighborhood, spend a little extra, and give out the full size candy bars. Also a great way to ensure your house never gets egged.

Ahhh... now it comes to light why you moved out to the middle of nowhere.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

Being retired has its advantages.
    I’m thinking about driving to Phoenix to see the Blackhawks play tomorrow night.
    Should I buy a ticket at the arena or pay all the bs fees in advance to Ticketmaster?

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options

Buy there

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Guitarded said:
    Being retired has its advantages.
    I’m thinking about driving to Phoenix to see the Blackhawks play tomorrow night.
    Should I buy a ticket at the arena or pay all the bs fees in advance to Ticketmaster?

I might wait to buy one there…with the World Series going on you might find a decent deal

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

After I posted I remembered I had 32 oz of hot juice made from your famous beans. Seems like the older I get I can't remember all the stuff I need to do.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:
    Visiting my daughter and three grandchildren today, while making dinner my daughter heated up some shrimp on the stove, and I spent too much time in the kitchen, causing my shellfish allergy to kick in. I had to spend about an hour outside, while waiting for my wife to help get the kids ready for bed before we could leave, otherwise a trip to the ER was imminent. Fortunately, I avoided that scenario. Stupid allergy.

Hopefully you were able to make the most of the time outside.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IndustMech said:

@TRayB said:
    Visiting my daughter and three grandchildren today, while making dinner my daughter heated up some shrimp on the stove, and I spent too much time in the kitchen, causing my shellfish allergy to kick in. I had to spend about an hour outside, while waiting for my wife to help get the kids ready for bed before we could leave, otherwise a trip to the ER was imminent. Fortunately, I avoided that scenario. Stupid allergy.

Hopefully you were able to make the most of the time outside.

I mostly spent the time on the front porch focusing on my breathing, and making sure I wasn't past the point of no return without medical intervention. If I catch the early onset of symptoms and extricate myself in time, it takes an hour or two to recover. However, it can be like a runaway train, meaning sometimes the symptoms continue to get worse even after removing myself from the area, which happened a few years ago and I ended up in the ER with shots of adrenaline and Benadryl, and a bill for $700.

• Options

Well that’s not good

MOW badge received.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do epi pens work for that allergy?

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Do epi pens work for that allergy?

yes

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Guesstimating here. Before Obama care 50.00 per pen, after 300.00. I know I’m close to actual figures. Truly is a shame and **** up.

MOW badge received.
  • Options

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give them Frank's number...

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@peter4jc said:
    Give them Frank's number...

It’s actually legit. It was a giveaway from TobaccoPipes

• Options

Good day for a movie…

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    Good day for a movie…

Alright Rusty, I see what you did there...

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?