Comments

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

Huh?? 🤔

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    Huh?? 🤔

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure what movie that one is.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    Good day for a movie…

WINNER WINNER!!!

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options

You guys are confusing the hell outta me

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was confused before this started so this is just icing on the cake for me.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recharging some bovedas

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Just spent two minutes trying to remove a deer tick that had attached just below my eye. The skin there is so stretchy and the barbed lance so efficient I had to switch from fine point tick tweezers to a pair that could grab the whole critter before I could remove it. I hate ticks.

Same. Worked for a friend removing old fence for a few summers. I usually wore a white shirt regardless of how dirty I would get so I could see ticks better. No idea why but some years they are way worse than others. There were days when I'd count a hundred on me. Never had one attach to me though.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

Five so far this year. They are still active, despite a hard frost.

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    Five so far this year. They are still active, despite a hard frost.

It’s really strange this year. I had seen basically none all summer. We’ve had several good hard frosts and now that it’s warmed back up a little I’m seeing a lot of them.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

We pulled three off our dog in the past two weeks.

• Options

and there is a new tick spreading:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/2023/11/11/asian-longhorned-tick-infestation/

Since 2017, researchers have watched as Asian longhorned ticks, an invasive species not usually found in the Western Hemisphere, have spread across the United States.

Now, researchers are using the gruesome deaths of three cows in Ohio to sound the alarm about the parasitic arachnids.

In an analysis in the Journal of Medical Entomology, they tracked the state’s first known established colony of the brown ticks. In 2021, a farmer contacted Ohio State University researchers, reporting that three of his cows had died during a tick infestation. The cause was exsanguination, suffered as tens of thousands of the ticks attacked the cows, including an adult bull, and bled them to death.

Researchers went to the pasture and dragged a muslin cloth along the ground, using a lint roller to pick up the sesame seed-sized creatures, which balloon to the size of a pea when feeding on blood. They managed to gather 9,287 ticks in just 90 minutes.
    According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s website, the ticks have been spotted in Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stubble said:
    Installed a new ceiling fan.

Nice job, Steve.

Yikes!

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

Is James Franklin the worst/dumbest coach of an FBS team, or am I just a moron?

(note: I suppose the two are not mutually exclusive.)

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:
    Had to pick Parker up from the Walmart police and city police
    Him and 4 other friends built a fort out of all the toilet paper and the dog beds...
    I guess they did it this morning and after it was all put back they went back and didn't it again and Walmart had enough. They claim he his banned from all locations until he is 25. He is 15

There's worse punishments than not having to go to Walmart.

(Hopefully it's a warning message that he heeds, though.)

• Options

You are lucky the teen is still in his cute phase, cherish it!

• Options

RSV is starting to spike, you don't want it,

https://www.cdc.gov/surveillance/nrevss/rsv/hhsregion.html

• Options

@Jrflickster said:
    Recharging some bovedas

Today I remembered I forgot I was doing this. They aren't to overcharged almost perfect.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perfection!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

Did anyone else's mobile version of the forum seem to change to larger font in the past couple days or did I screw something up on my phone?
    It's not awful but different and I don't like change.