Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1

@Jrflickster said:

Got my old washer and dryer out of the basement today, dropped them off at the scrap dumpster at the shop, laundry almost done at laundromat, in line for a car wash and then have to get some keys made for our new hire at Hodag Hydro.
    All this while keeping nova home from daycare because I can't bring myself to take her when I'm not working. Then Jessa decided her stomach hurt so had to get her from school I'd imagine it might hurt because she knew dad wasn't working but whatever...

Edit: added the car wash picture because I know you guys love those

How much for the carwash?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2

@peter4jc said:
    Late last night in a Reddit r:audiophile post I learned about Radio Paradise, and online 'radio' station. It's really pretty awesome. I still haven't found the classical/orchestral stream - if there even is one - but the Rock, Mellow Rock, and World selections are very nice. Listening to the mellow now with my second cup of coffee, on my phone via Bluetooth to my stereo. Eclectic, never-heard-before music.

Radio Paradise

I've been enjoying their global mix, especially since there's no commercial interruptions.

Thanks, Peter.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    blackwidowblackwidow Posts: 376 ✭✭✭

Sooo we just had a big earthquake in Oklahoma. That was fun. 😵‍💫

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

Playdowns for hockey today. Hopefully the kids show up to play.

• Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was fun…

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

Open the box before you leave and see what else isn’t included

• Options
    blackwidowblackwidow Posts: 376 ✭✭✭

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:
    Ride destination today…

She's beautiful 😍

• Options
    OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Took a walk, watched 2 crows harass a red-tailed hawk, until another hawk lifted out of the trees and joined the fray. Crows decided they no longer liked the odds and flew off to the north while the hawks circled away to the east. Beautiful day.

That happens just about every day here. I’m lucky. Damn crows lol

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Took a walk, watched 2 crows harass a red-tailed hawk, until another hawk lifted out of the trees and joined the fray. Crows decided they no longer liked the odds and flew off to the north while the hawks circled away to the east. Beautiful day.

I’m lucky enough to have that as a regular occurrence in the sky above the yard. Crows nest on one mountain to the east and the hawks on one to the west. They often meet in the “no fly zone” for some aerial combat.

• Options
    OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blackwidow said:

Ride destination today…

She's beautiful 😍

Thanks but that one’s not mine. I was posting a pic for people to see what it’s like here.

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

That happens just about every day here. I’m lucky. Damn crows lol

Ain't it great? Day before yesterday I headed into town, about 200 yards down the road and two eagles swept down in front of the truck and then slowly ascended ahead of me as I drove down the road. Had to concentrate on the road as they headed for the sky. They stayed ahead of me heading west until I turned south. I love living in the country.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of hawks winter in this area, love watching them.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crocuses are starting to show.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    Crocuses are starting to show.

They came up last week here, janquils are starting to show also.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well folks, I got laid off today.