Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Learned that Uber rates vary with current demand.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rodger, you live much closer to a paved road than I ever would have expected.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    HawksHawks Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 29

3.8 with the epicenter two miles away, no after shocks. 🤔🤔

Nolite Oblivisci Peniculus Dentes

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrShrek said:
    Accepted a new job today! Enjoyed the last 3 years with this team, but looking forward to the new challenge.

That's outstanding news, Glenn.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great news for sure, good luck.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I the only one who can no longer see usernames on the reactions below posts? All of a sudden yesterday afternoon, the usernames stopped appearing when hovering over or clicking on a reaction.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

No

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

same here, we're all anon now

• Options

@silvermouse said:

that sucks, total BS. This has long been a place of relationship for us.

@TheCigarChick , not blaming you, but do you know why this is happening? Or, isn't happening? It is a large part of what makes this place meaningful, we're all adults, and, for my part, anyone who's unhappy with the way things have always been is welcome to leave and seek meaningless anonymity wherever their weak little heart desires.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

Speaking of anon, here's a good reason why crypto is a bad idea

Wired mag. said it appears that UH paid $22,000,000 in Bitcoin in ransom.

"Reuters) - UnitedHealth Group's tech unit Change Healthcare said on Thursday that last week's cyberattack was perpetrated by hackers that identified themselves as the 'Blackcat' ransomware group.

Reuters reported on Monday, citing sources, that hackers at the group were behind an outage that has snarled prescription deliveries for over a week."

Meanwhile a consortium of crypto elite are buying millions in advertising to support pro-crypto politicians, both dem and repubs.

Crypto Super Pac spends $10m on Katie Porter attack ads in California race
    Fairshake Pac spends millions opposing progressive Senate candidate known for tough stance on crypto industry

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/super-tuesday-test-resurgent-crypto-industrys-political-might-2024-03-03/

The burgeoning cryptocurrency industry is jumping into the 2024 U.S. election, spending millions of dollars in Super Tuesday primary contests in California, Alabama and Texas to boost crypto-friendly candidates and defeat those pushing for more regulation.

• Options
    TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 297 admin

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@silvermouse said:

@TheCigarChick , not blaming you, but do you know why this is happening? Or, isn't happening? It is a large part of what makes this place meaningful, we're all adults, and, for my part, anyone who's unhappy with the way things have always been is welcome to leave and seek meaningless anonymity wherever their weak little heart desires.

I have no idea if Vanilla made changes to their forums or not as I was not notified. This seems like an option which should be elected by the admins of the individual forums hosted by Vanilla, but as you all well know, random changes just seem to happen without any communication from the IT folks who work on Vanilla's servers. I will put in a ticket and have them revert the changes.

• Options

@TheCigarChick said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@silvermouse said:

I have no idea if Vanilla made changes to their forums or not as I was not notified. This seems like an option which should be elected by the admins of the individual forums hosted by Vanilla, but as you all well know, random changes just seem to happen without any communication from the IT folks who work on Vanilla's servers. I will put in a ticket and have them revert the changes.

Thank you. I'd hit the awesome button on your post, but who would know?

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine haven’t showed for well over a year. Never considered it a big deal, still don’t. I’ve always figured if someone disagrees with something I say they’ll say something and we could talk about it. I’ve just never been the kind to be affected by what I consider petty things or one to seek validation. Laugh at me, like me, dislike me, agree with me, or not. The press of a button doesn’t make any difference. Get on the vHerf and we can talk about it.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5

Ima get on vHerf tonight and give you your new nickname... "Rock-Solid Rusty"

Edit: Rusty doesn't care about who clicks on his posts. He only cares that Taylor Swift is having difficulty singing recently.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

That is definitely my “lol” 🤣

• Options

@Rdp77 said:
    Mine haven’t showed for well over a year. Never considered it a big deal, still don’t. I’ve always figured if someone disagrees with something I say they’ll say something and we could talk about it. I’ve just never been the kind to be affected by what I consider petty things or one to seek validation. Laugh at me, like me, dislike me, agree with me, or not. The press of a button doesn’t make any difference. Get on the vHerf and we can talk about it.

It's mostly not about knowing who disagrees with me or not, is about knowing (versus remembering) if I reacted to someone else's post or not, without having to hit the reaction icon and see if the number tallies up or down. ;)

• Options

My “lol”

• Options

Great news, Lindsay! We appreciate it.

I'm a little like Rusty, I don't hardly ever look at who reacted to my posts, that would require me to scroll back and look at my old posts again, reading that mess one time is bad enough. Oh, and I also disabled any notifications for reactions too so I won't be bothered with notifications. I don't really look at the notifications either, currently I have 91 unread notifications that tells me that someone quoted me or PMd me, I just find out by reading the forum and the mail.

Keep on keeping on.

• Options

LINDSAY!! Thanks. :)
    @TheCigarChick

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Must've slept wrong last night. Had a crick in my neck all day. Sitting with a heating pad on it for a bit. Once it hurts less I can take an afternoon nap.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm all about that afternoon nap, oh çrap, I missed it today

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

My son made a real mess in the kitchen last night, using multiple pots, bowls, a mixing bowl, a skillet and lid, a cupcake pan, two cutting boards, a defrosting plate. Too much to do in a dishwasher load so I was forced to hand wash the overflow.

He made New Zealand style meat pies, so good. Didn't mind the extra cleanup, it was worth it.