Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Your son and my wife have the same kitchen style.

Add my wife to that list...

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    HawksHawks Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IndustMech said:

@silvermouse said:
    Your son and my wife have the same kitchen style.

Add my wife to that list...

And my two girls.

Nolite Oblivisci Peniculus Dentes

• Options
    blackwidowblackwidow Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

Today SUCKED!!! Well started out awesome, got to see Crew 7 pass by right over my head at 0438.
    But whyyyyy do mechanics have to treat women like we're stupid?
    Also don't tell me THREE TIMES my car is ready and when I show up each time be upset when I expect to have my dang car. 😒

Ok rant over.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13

I have found that in living my 76 winters that men who treat women poorly are usually afraid of the women's power.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of alpha males and females wear fear-drenched underwear.

• Options

Trellised the thorny boysenberry vines, a pita but so worth it when they fruit.

• Options

My primary employee returned from an overseas vacation came back to work for a couple of days and came down with COVID. It is why I still wear a mask in public spaces, especially since being immunosuppressed. Don't know if I shared this essay already but worth considering.
    https://theconversation.com/mounting-research-shows-that-covid-19-leaves-its-mark-on-the-brain-including-with-significant-drops-in-iq-scores-224216

• Options

We mask up also Edward. One of the benefits of getting old is that we care less and less on how others perceive us.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. The latest batch of masks I bought seem to have shorter ear straps which really cut into my ears because of my mastodon sized head, but I do tend to mask up when I'm around indoor crowds.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

That explains everything. I've been getting the rona my whole life. I was much smarter as a teenager.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 14

@ShawnOL said:

That explains everything. I've been getting the rona my whole life. I was much smarter as a teenager.

Don't feel too bad, Shawn, everyone was way smarter when they were a teenager. Teenagers are just smarter than anyone.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

I loaded some 2018 Old Dark Fired Ready Rubbed from @avengethis in my figural meer and decided to check on my Wife before going out to the garage to smoke. She was doing worse so we went to the ER instead.

• Options

I used up the included data for my VPN that's part of my security package watching Northern Exposure and now I have to disable WiFi to visit the forum because cigars are a blocked topic

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,644 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big day today
    Going to my barber and looking for health insurance

• Options

Good luck finding an affordable health insurance, Jim.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think your barber is going to be offering health Insurance.

Hope your wife feels better, Chris.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15

@ShawnOL said:
    I don't think your barber is going to be offering health Insurance.

Hope your wife feels better, Chris.

You never know it's alittle different up here.
    Edit: thxs Edward

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thankfully insurance is so much cheaper since the government got involved.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    edited March 15

I'm Lucky I have the VA for all of it's faults.

• Options
    OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did ‘ 3 hole ‘ fluid change on the bike today. No leaks 🤙🏼 Tomorrow she gets detailed. Hopefully, Sunday ride.

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:
    Did ‘ 3 hole ‘ fluid change on the bike today. No leaks 🤙🏼 Tomorrow she gets detailed. Hopefully, Sunday ride.

My version of detailing is to take it to the self service car wash from the old days where you get a hose, a brush, and different settings for soaps or water. I gave up long ago on it looking pristine with all the gravel roads throwing dust in the air when cars turn off of those onto the paved roads right in front of me. If there's a product that will keep the dust off the bike for more than a few weeks, I'd love to know.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo , I've found that the "California Duster" helps prevent excessive need for wet cleaning, if all you're talking about is dust. Removes dust really well and quickly. I think I got it at Auto Zone, maybe.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain