Home Non Cigar Related

Rock My Ride

Comments

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15

@CalvinAndHobo , my go to resource when travelling out of state with a firearm is https://www.handgunlaw.us/ . I used to print out the documents for each state I would be travelling thru, and note which states had a Duty to Inform requirement. I've only once been pulled over while carrying, in SD, which doesn't have a Duty to Inform requirement, so I did not inform. My personal belief is, since I have no intention of shooting a police officer, or being shot by one, the firearm is a non-issue, and is best left out of the interaction. I have heard credible stories of people being disarmed by the officer, who may not be familiar with the particular firearm model. Not all police are "gun guys". Also, if being disarmed, the officer will most likely tell you not to touch the firearm, meaning he or she will be reaching into your concealment to take it from you. There is serious potential for mishaps during that procedure. I have also heard stories of the firearm being returned in a disassembled condition, while being told "Do not re-assemble this until I have left".

That being said, my plan is to inform the officer IF the situation leads to the officer asking me to step out of the vehicle. I do not want anyone to be surprised, which only leads to increased confrontation. I understand the situation is somewhat different on a motorcycle, but if the firearm is concealed well enough, the situation is similar. If asked to step off, most likely you will be frisked, so prior to stepping off, I would inform.

Just my $.02, along with the link to the resource. I believe there is also a handgunlaw.us app.

Stay safe, and thanks for the great pics, keep 'em coming.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Condolences on your poker loss. I went all in with 4 kings once in Tunica, guy to my left had 4 aces. :s

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Condolences on your poker loss. I went all in with 4 kings once in Tunica, guy to my left had 4 aces. :s

That’s my wtf, because it had to have been wtf for you when it happened.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two thoughts, no three...

1) What's a set?
    2) Calvin knows how the consistency of gravy in a crawfish etouffee should be?
    3) Glad to see the young fella out having an adventure.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

The actually homemade barbeque sauce was incredible. I would 100% buy some if they sold it online, one of the best sauces I’ve ever had.

All the best BBQ comes with sliced white bread. Arthur Bryant's etc.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,861 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t piss that **** off, he’ll spit at you.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo dealing with that kind of heat, water doesn’t always do it. Add a little extra salt to your food or if you can stomach them and find them…salt tablets.

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Save your money, Calvin. vHerf!

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watch out for those javelinas, if there's enough of them they'll eat you.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    I think someone somewhere left the fence open, or there’s a repair that needs to be made.

I don't see horseshoes on them. Those look wild.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff said:

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    I think someone somewhere left the fence open, or there’s a repair that needs to be made.

That’s pretty cool!

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:

@Wylaff said:

@CalvinAndHobo said:

That’s pretty cool!

It varies by state, but in Nevada if you manage to wrangle them you are allowed to keep them.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

No way that's a mistake...

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis