"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Calvin's my new hero. :)

I’m confused.

• Options

I’m pretty sure Peter was just being playfully sarcastic, reading it back. Went right over my head.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe hero is too strong, or a word too-often tossed around in a playful manner... I might have said what you are doing is very admirable and more than a bit enviable.

• Options

@peter4jc said:
    Maybe hero is too strong, or a word too-often tossed around in a playful manner... I might have said what you are doing is very admirable and more than a bit enviable.

Gotcha, as previously stated by myself, I’m not the brightest tool in the shed.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bright enough to not let a dream go POOF!

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spectacular

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now I'm drooling.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    .. . Now I really want to try a traditional Native American sweat lodge at some point in my life and see what that’s like...

I did a sweat lodge last month. I'd suggest practicing setting cross legged on the ground, you'll be in that position for several hours.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

As you head east on 36 through Kansas the land will slowly change to occasional rolling hills, if I recall correctly. I remember being moved by endless fields of sunflowers in full bloom, but that's conditional to the season.

I've had the same tip-over experience with my Electra-Glide, 836 lbs, great for the hamstrings. (He said facetiously) Ouch. Great posts, Calvin. I look forward to both your musings and your pictures. Keep up the good work.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Need a favor. Anyone have access to a fog forecast on their computer that they can post here? For this stretch? I can’t find a fog specific one on my phone without paying for a premium subscription to something. Wondering if I should wait it out or if it’s going to be like this all day. This is the stretch I’ll be doing today.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo this is from the weather station in Dodge City. It looks like the fog is lifting. It’s calling for 7mi of visibility right now. The rate that the heat is rising it should be gone before long.

The app I use is called Radar Now

• Options

@CalvinAndHobo said:

It made me think more about fracking during the ride today. Fracking is only profitable when gas is above a certain price point. Let’s call that $3, I don’t know what the specific number actually is. If gas is $2.50, the fracking companies lose money and eventually go out of business. If gas is $3.50, they pump away and print away. When gas is more expensive, more fracking operations set up shop, and America produces its own oil (and natural gas), to the point of being an exporter of oil instead of an importer, while creating thousands of jobs. Not just any jobs either, but jobs that pay well, that can eventually mean someone with a high school education can buy a house and have the wife stay home to take care of the kids while the husband is in the middle of nowhere working the pumps.

On the other hand, gas being $3.50 isn’t all that great for the rest of America, and everyone would have more spending money to stimulate the economy if it were cheaper. We’d also be importing our oil though, and giving more of our money to countries that won’t let their women leave the house without covering their face. I think I lean toward the side of paying more for my gas and getting it from here, than I do for having it be cheaper and coming from elsewhere, but I’m not sure yet. I’ll have to look into that more when I get home.

I’ve now very firmly come to the pro expensive gas pumped locally side of the argument. This picture makes my blood boil.

• Options

🤔 what am I missing

• Options

If gas becomes cheap again, it means fracking stops and we give more money to Saudi Arabia to import it.

If a country has bad health care, it should be equally bad for both men and women. If 46% of your population is women and 54% men, that means 4 out of 100 women have either been left to die with diseases that men have been treated for, fled the country due to its oppression, or just been murdered either as babies or as adults. That’s a horrifyingly high number. I don’t want to support that financially.

Saudi Arabia also has a large number of immigrant males being imported to work for peanuts, which is just slavery by a different name. So maybe the ratio isn’t actually 4 out of 100, but either reason is disgusting.

• Options

Or maybe the constant temperature has some affect on the out come of sex after conception like it does in some other animals.

Just poking Calvin. I understand your point.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Arthur Bryant's 1727 Brooklyn, a KC landmark and historic attraction.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.