Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Rock My Ride

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

And not very good for you.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:

Going to the sun road was incredible.

I hope to see it someday before I die.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are your pics out of sequence? I see mountains one day and then flat plains the next. Maybe my geography ain't so good?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was planning to stay in Jackson, WY tomorrow night, but I guess not, holy cow.

Looks like I’ll have to get to Pinedale, WY. It’s going to be a long day given how slowly traffic will be moving from the rubber necking. I was planning to use rain or potential rain as a way to take rest days, but the weather has been perfect so far, knock on wood. Might need to take an extra day somewhere in Utah if I can find an affordable room. My back has been getting sore and I need to do laundry.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

lol, I was thinking more about impaired vision and bikes....

• Options

From what I’ve heard, the entirety of Yellowstone is like a line at a toll booth almost. If I’m on the road, I’ll be one of a string of vehicles. The truth is, I’m not all that excited about going, but I feel like I have to instead of just going around. For example, what if I’m wrong and it’s incredible?

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is, except they had road work going on when I was there last month.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

@d_blades said:

Half the rock we crushed last year in Livingston went up to Yellowstone for roads.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    Might need to take an extra day somewhere in Utah if I can find an affordable room. My back has been getting sore and I need to do laundry.

Always good to take a personal maintenance day every few days. I have often found myself in a push to get to the finish line, so to speak, and later regretted not slowing down for a bit and making the most of the moment.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

The best time to sightsee Montana, especially Yellowstone, is post Labor Day September to early October. Most of the tourists are gone and the weather can be the best of the year, although Glacier could have snow.

• Options

@d_blades said:

About how many miles of it were unpaved/gravel on this section, if you can remember?

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't pet the bison, Calvin.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you bring any cigars?

• Options

@rsherman24 said:
    Did you bring any cigars?

I did, brought a bunch of cheap ones. Might get on the vherf on Wednesday if the wifi works outside, or I have strong enough signal. Shoutout Verizon, I’ve had service in every random town I’ve stopped in.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023

Yellowstone is very beautiful, except for the tourists. The Tetons, or as i like to call them, the big titz, are awe inspiring. Jackson is a great place to visit and if I ever hit the lottery, I'll move there. Glad you're enjoying that part of the country.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

A small book(let) on paper would be more archival and physically more real than digital. Lots of companies will print one-off and you can send it to your great aunt who hates computers.