Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Stopped in at a B&M - had a CT Exodus Gold (my pick and I liked) J Fuego 777 Belicoso (their pick and It was below average).
  • Options
    bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    5 Vegas AAA
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    ejenne87:
    ejenne87:
    TatuajeVI:
    ejenne87:
    ejenne87:
    ejenne87:
    So far today I have had a CAO La Traviata torp, Padilla Miami robusto and I am about a third through a A. Fernandez Signature robusto. A pretty great day so far for smokes. I think I might have a couple more, then finish off the night with a MoW Ruination.
    So, I decided to light up the Ruination a little early tonight. It has been a little while since I have had one of these as I am trying to let them rest a little bit... I now remember why this is one of the best smokes I have ever had! This thing is phenominal! This one has more age on it than any other I have had at about 6-8 months. I can't wait to see how the box I bought does when I finaly break it open in about a year...
    Had a Gurkha Centurian just a little while ago. Always a great smoke, if the price is right (and it was free for this one...) I am about to light up a Tatuaje Red tubo in honor of Phil and his new baby girl. This will be my first of the new tubos, so I hope it lives up to expectations.
    Man, a 6 cigar day and the last one to honor the new baby. Sounds awesome!
    that might not be the last one brother! I have a Padron '64 Exclusivo that I have been meaning to smoke. I might light it up tonight just for you man
    Just lit up that Red Verocru... this thing is phenominal! I'm glad that I saved this one to have in Honor of Phil and his beautiful baby girl! Congrats bro, this smoke is for you!
    I just finished that Tatuaje Red tubo... It is officially the BEST cigar I have ever smoked! It was absolutely amazing! Thanks, Phils, for being the inspiration behind the greatest cigar experience I ahve had to date! I hope I have done ya proud with my selection and good luck with your new baby girl!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Just finished up a MOW, stellar!
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    urbino:
    TatuajeVI:
    Matt Marvel:
    I'm roughly halfway through my first Padilla Achilles. All I have to say is "Wow!" This is damn good cigar. Tons of flavor and great draw. It started out a bit spicy and then went on to lots of cedary notes, which I absolutely love in a cigar. Very creamy as well. I'll definitely be picking up a lot more of these in the future.
    Mm, I picked up a box of these a while back and try to send them out whenever I trade with someone. Their cheap and have a real nice cedary flavor but nice and creamy. Aside from being plagued with burn issues (from what I hear) it's a great cigar.
    Really? The Achilles is the one Padilla I haven't had burn issues with.
    Yeah, I didn't have any burn issues at all. Now the Obsidian, that's a whole different story.

I decided to take a cigar to work with me to smoke on the way home tonight. I put a Sol Cubano CC No. 4 in my herf-a-dor(I know I've been smoking a lot of these lately). This was the first time I've ever smoked while driving, and I have to say it's was a real joy. I need to start doing this more often.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    had a 262 Paradigm and a RyJ Viego, both courtesy of Sandman... both were really good. I'd been wanting to try the Viejo forever, and it definitely lived up to expectations. The 262 was a great smoke as well. Enjoyed it so much I was burning my fingers and lips trying to savor every last second of it.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    just lit up a G2 Turbo. so far so good
  • Options
    so just finished the G2 Turbo, pretty good. I didn't know it was a Maduro wrapper that is light in color (per the info on here). starts off mellow and smooth but finishes spicy and full bodied. I liked it. I like the 6x60 size as well.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

I had a great cigar evening last night!

I started of the night with a DPG JJ Torpedo! Man what a cigar, perfect construction, perfect burn, great flavors. This cigar really satisfied, like a Snickers! It hit the spot!

Many thanks to BBC - Brandon, for this cigar! He gifted it to me in a games package!

I finished off the night with an Oliva V Maduro. Another great cigar! I'm not sure what year these are from. I have to say that this cigar was fantastic! The burn line was a little wavy, but didnt need any corrective lights! The flavors were really full, very very tasty! I didnt get the full body that everyone talks about, but maybe its because I had a full belly.

I now have not 1 but 2 challengers for my favorite cigar - watch out Decade!!

I have 1 more JJ resting, that I think is smokeable right now! I have 2 more V's resting. 1 I will let rest for another 6 months or so, the other I will age for a little while! YUM GREAT NIGHT FOR ME!

• Options
    Fourtotheflush:

I started of the night with a DPG JJ Torpedo! Man what a cigar, perfect construction, perfect burn, great flavors. This cigar really satisfied, like a Snickers! It hit the spot!

Many thanks to BBC - Brandon, for this cigar! He gifted it to me in a games package!

I finished off the night with an Oliva V Maduro. Another great cigar! I'm not sure what year these are from. I have to say that this cigar was fantastic! The burn line was a little wavy, but didnt need any corrective lights! The flavors were really full, very very tasty! I didnt get the full body that everyone talks about, but maybe its because I had a full belly.

I have 1 more JJ resting, that I think is smokeable right now! I have 2 more V's resting. 1 I will let rest for another 6 months or so, the other I will age for a little while! YUM GREAT NIGHT FOR ME!

Sorry for the double post hit quote instead of edit!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    ejenne87:
    ejenne87:
    Just lit up that Red Verocru... this thing is phenominal! I'm glad that I saved this one to have in Honor of Phil and his beautiful baby girl! Congrats bro, this smoke is for you!
    I just finished that Tatuaje Red tubo... It is officially the BEST cigar I have ever smoked! It was absolutely amazing! Thanks, Phils, for being the inspiration behind the greatest cigar experience I ahve had to date! I hope I have done ya proud with my selection and good luck with your new baby girl!
    Wow, that's awesome! I haven't had the Verocu yet, but I have 6 of them waiting on me. Now I'm dying to get to one! Thanks to Alex I'll get to smoke one this week I hope, along with a Black Tubos for the baby girl.
  • Options

Congrats and good luck Phil!

• Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    Tat Reserva J21 ad La Aurora on Saturday.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Started my Sunday with a CAO gold with my cup of coffee. Freakin' delicious! Seriously, probably the best cigar I've had in quite a while. CAO's are starting to grow on me.
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:

Those are 2008 Maduro's bud.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Just had a My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petite Robusto Great little smoke. Lasted way longer than I expected at such a tiny size. Full of flavor. A good amount of strength as well. I can't wait to try more My Father cigars.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Arturo Fuente Anejo #55. Picked up cognac thru the first 2 thirds.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Perdomo Cabinet Selection and a IT SF Maduro
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Yesterday padilla corojo edicion and today RP OWR...eh on the first...big fan of the second.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Just got through with the Tatuaje Verocu Tubos and WOW!!!! It was sooooooo good. Definately tied for first with the ruination for me right now. PERFECT
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    Arturo Fuente Anejo #55. Picked up cognac thru the first 2 thirds.
    my favorite! the 77 gets the cognac in the final third
  • Options
    bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    La Gloria Cubana
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Just finished an A. Fernandez Signature Series. Had some minor burn issues with a vein running all the way down and a tight draw. All and all, still a good stick. Can't expect them all to be perfect.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    docbp87:
    Just had a My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petite Robusto

Great little smoke. Lasted way longer than I expected at such a tiny size. Full of flavor. A good amount of strength as well. I can't wait to try more My Father cigars.

Ahh the 1922 is my favorite cigar at the moment. Ive only had the churchill and it is just fantastic. The 1922 is far better than than the regular My Father line for me anyway. I think I paid 12 bucks for it which is the most Ive ever paid for a stick. Well worth it for sure. Some time I need to try some more expensive sticks but just cant right now.

No smoke for me tonight too tired afterwork to actually enjoy one even though the weather is finally perfect. No wind for once.
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    I started with an El Primer Mundo Connecticut, and finished with my last JDN Antano. I need more. Maybe a daily special is in order, or a hotline call to the Beard.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Smoked my first Air Bender last night and it was a damn fine smoke! Was very different from the Ligero and Double Ligero lines, but still had that familiar LFD thread in it. The burn was perfect, the draw was just a hair on the tight side, but not enough to take away from the smoke. Great experience and paired VERY well with a glass of Elijah Craig bourbon on the rocks!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I smoked my first "victory cigar" after the baby was born. Had a Padron 1926 80th Year Maduro. Wow, this cigar was ridiculous. I loved every second of it. Chocolate, some vanilla, real earthy, spice through the nose - wow. Fantastic.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    undulac:
    Just finished an A. Fernandez Signature Series. Had some minor burn issues with a vein running all the way down and a tight draw. All and all, still a good stick. Can't expect them all to be perfect.
    I smoked 5 boxes plus several flight samplers and only ever had 2 with draw so bad they were unsmokable, but sadly the second was my last one.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Had a Gurkha Grand Envoy this morning and have a Cain Habano (torp) teed up for tonight. The Cain is proporportedly about the fullest bodied smoke I've tried yet, so planning on a big dinner first!
  • Options
    doromath:
    Had a Gurkha Grand Envoy this morning and have a Cain Habano (torp) teed up for tonight. The Cain is proporportedly about the fullest bodied smoke I've tried yet, so planning on a big dinner first!
    Wasn't anymore full bodied than the Ruination. Actually, neither was the Cain F to me. So if you've had the Ruination, expect about the same.