Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Hayblet:
    Just had a Leoninos what quite a surprise for a stick I've never heard of before.
    What size was it, I have looked at these a few times but never jumped on any.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    after looking them up... I got them in a trade from Joeyjoe I believe they are #4 (5.6" x 42) since the others they listed were Churchill Rubusto and Tubed... mine wasn't tubed and it was a Torpedo. Don't get me wrong this isn't like a super stellar Cigar but the La Aurora Leoninos would be a good yard gar or work gar. Mine had about 2 or so months of rest on it went out to smoke it thinking "if it's not that great I can just pitch it and not worry about it" 45 mins later I'm still on my front stoop smokin away till the last third when it started to have some draw issues. Decent Value Cigar tho.
  • Options
    Went out to the porch and added a RP Cuban Blend to my list for today. These just arrived and need some rest, they will nap for a week or two and come out tasty.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    had a Drew Estate Natural Dirt Torpedo while mowing the yard. got it in a bomb from Alex Williams and I really enjoyed this stick quite a bit. not complex or anything like a high dollar stick, but damn, really tasty and the flavor is present from the first puff to the last. i expected a little less and was impressed. what i like best is you don't have to concentrate on the flavor to pick up the nuances, the flavor is just right there.
    then I had a 262 Paradigm box press toro after the yard work was done and I enjoyed it thoroughly as well. this one has been aging for quite some time and it was damn tasty.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    My first, 242Pag, Robusto size. How packed is that cigar? That thing was packed so solid, I couldnt help to feel how tight it was rolled. Excellent job. Tons of smoke outta that lil thing. Kinda reminded me of a nub maduro a bit. I enjoyed the smoke! Gonna let the others sleep for a while.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    today was the new Dominican puro from Davidoff, Puro d' Oro in the Deliciosos (Corona) Vitola.

this was a fantastic cigar that lasted about 1 hour and 45 min. the main flavors were (kelner) musk, wood, a bit of white pepper, and a very strange and subtle clean water taste to it. this cigar made my mouth water the way a good steak would and had a meaty finish to it.

compared to other Dominican puros:
    better then the 5 vegas relic.
    on par with the OpusX but in a very different way.

the Puro d' Oro will probably age well though they are only medium (at best) in body. i wouldnt let them sit past 4 or 5 years, personally.

mild in body, full in flavor.

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Java Maduro Wafe this morning while recovering from a bit of hard drinking.

Tonight I had a Grukha Black Puro. Had to keep touching it up, and the flavors were nothing special.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Had my first bad Nica Libre experience tonight. It was a torp and burned very uneven, had an inconsistent smoke output, and the flavor was a bit off. Oh well, with a handmade product a bum stick is inevitable every now and then...I still love the Nica Libre :^)
  • Options
    fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    HAD A my father last night. great smoke, my first. for me it was med to full body. spicey pepper and cedary in the beginig then mellowed a bit. ill be buying more.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Went with a Cain F Double Toro yesterday....... Very nice.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had my first RP Puro Cubano Friday night. It was decent. It had a citrus taste to it pre-light. Overall not bad. Saturday I had a forum blend sumatra. It started off juts ok but got better as time went on. It didn't wow me but I didn't hate it. Gotta have another maduro to see how they compare now with X months of age on them.
  • Options
    BTJR99BTJR99 Posts: 97
    Right now I'm having a Cigar.Com blue label. These have been in my humidor about 8 months and its the first one i have smoked. Really nice cigar. Great aroma, great taste i will definitely be getting more of these. Makes for a great everyday cigar.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Had a 5V Miami last night. A dependable cigar.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Had my first RP Puro Cubano Friday night. It was decent. It had a citrus taste to it pre-light. Overall not bad. Saturday I had a forum blend sumatra. It started off juts ok but got better as time went on. It didn't wow me but I didn't hate it. Gotta have another maduro to see how they compare now with X months of age on them.
    I have had one of the maduros, but have not yet tried the sumatra. I've had them since the samplers first came out so they have had plenty of rest... I need to try one out soon. Maybe after we are done moving I'll fire one up on my new patio.
  • Options
    Todays sticks, Carlos Torano Dominico (meh, last one I will try), CCom White label, Arganese ML3, CA Intenso (the batch I currently have are awesome smokes), DPG CC.
  • Options
    Don Tomas Cameroon Collection and a Nub Box-pressed Cameroon and I really don't like Cameroons much, 1st was better than the second
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a La Aroma de Cuba tonight.....
  • Options
    bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    La Herencia Cubana, its good but i prefer the oscuro fuerte
  • Options
    today i had a camacho havanna from 2007 and a bit later i had an oliva serie g maduro.
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    kuzi16:
    today was the new Dominican puro from Davidoff, Puro d' Oro in the Deliciosos (Corona) Vitola.

this was a fantastic cigar that lasted about 1 hour and 45 min. the main flavors were (kelner) musk, wood, a bit of white pepper, and a very strange and subtle clean water taste to it. this cigar made my mouth water the way a good steak would and had a meaty finish to it.

the Puro d' Oro will probably age well though they are only medium (at best) in body. i wouldnt let them sit past 4 or 5 years, personally.

Man you are the only person I know who can pick out water as a flavor in a cigar. I only hope my palet is one day as defined as yours.
  • Options
    BTJR99BTJR99 Posts: 97
    Acid Ming. Won't be getting any more of these. I does not have that sweet stuff on the cap. Draw is a little tight and its producing little smoke. Giving up on it with a third to go.
  • Options
    Started the morning off with a Diesel
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    601 Blue robusto for breakfast. Noticed this had a tiny hole so I decided to dispose of it properly by smoking it. Upon further inspection in sun light I think its just a chip in the wrapper as the binder is still intact underneath. None of my others have any holes. So........

Was planning a Tat Cojuno 2003 this morning
    Till I saw the dreaded hole/chip. Oh well maybe Ill have the 2003 later or tomorrow. Ive had the 2009 and loved it.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Celebrating the day with an Anejo.
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Vegas classic, then a CAO brazil GOL
  • Options
    Todays sticks: RP Cuban Blend, Arganese ML3, DPG JJ, RP Cuban Blend (waiting for the ride home)
  • Options
    Dustin1981:
    kuzi16:

Man you are the only person I know who can pick out water as a flavor in a cigar. I only hope my palet is one day as defined as yours.
    well to be totally honest, it just reminded me of the smell of rain. that was the best i could do. it may have something to do with the fact that Kelner actually blends his cigars with the intent of making your mouth water. maybe that added to the impression.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Dustin1981:
    kuzi16:

well to be totally honest, it just reminded me of the smell of rain. that was the best i could do. it may have something to do with the fact that Kelner actually blends his cigars with the intent of making your mouth water. maybe that added to the impression.
    I've been wanting to try Davidoff for a long time but the price tag keeps me at bay, as to today's smoke (with more later me hopes) Alec Bradley Sungrown and a darn tasty one too
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Attempted to start a Gurkha Mico-batch VH-7. Wow was this horrible tasting. Must have been a bad stick. I put it out after less than 10 minutes. I lit up a Camacho Triple Maduro after that. Delicious cigar. Complex, powerful, and a slow smoke. Really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Going out to have a Perdomo Estate Vintage 1991