Home General Discussion

Joe's 1000 post contest.

j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
Well guys, the time has come that I've hit my 1000 post mark. Though mine is hardly as significant as the first couple, I would still like to do a contest thingy.

So here goes. In keeping with the general form, I'll ask a series of questions over the next week and assign a point value. The question will have a 24 hour duration of validity, after which all answers, correct or not, will be disregarded. The points will be tallied at the end of the contest and the winner will get a (hopefully) sweet package from yours truly.

Round 1:

This will be worth three points and it a two part deal. First, what is my occupation? I've mentioned this one before, so it shouldn't be too hard. Second, what part of my job do I enjoy the most? I will award points on the second part for several different answers, though there is only one answer that will get full points.

Ok, go ahead. This question is dead at 10:20 pm pacific time tomorrow night.

Comments

• ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    You are an electrician, working on new commercial construction. Favorite part of the job is checking out the young hotties that come in to apply as waitresses/hostesses/etc as the new businesses staff up.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    1. Electrician
    2. Getting paid. Other than that, though, I'll go with showing up on that first day at a site and seeing exactly the job laid out ahead of you.
    Oh, and congrats on #1000!
  • 1. electrician

2. getting to work on different projects and not being stuck in one place all the time
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    First congrats! Second yours is just as significant if not more so because its rare to see a pointless post from you unlike many of the rest of us. We appreciate your contributions, keep up the good work!

1. Electrician
    2.Rigging up things to work within a set of parameters, maybe?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    First congrats! Second yours is just as significant if not more so because its rare to see a pointless post from you unlike many of the rest of us.
    about how many should we take off of YOUR post count maddy? ha!

1) electrician
    2)free food.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    I'm gonna have to practically copy of Scram here...
    1: Electrician
    and
    2: I'm pretty sure I've heard you mention before that you like the "scenery" (i.e. the female form) that occasionally pop up at your job sites...
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    1. Electrician
    2. Running conduit
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    First congrats! Second yours is just as significant if not more so because its rare to see a pointless post from you unlike many of the rest of us.
    about how many should we take off of YOUR post count maddy?
    At least 1000 lol, not too many off yours though. As long as some of your damn posts are they should be divided up into 2 or 3 so you should be at at least 3000 by now. I demand contests, NOW!

Well then you have to take off the ones where you're claiming Gurkha's superiority to RP bc thats just rubbish, so you might only be at 2k.
    madurofan:
    As long as some of your damn posts are they should be divided up into 2 or 3 so you should be at at least 3000 by now. I demand contests, NOW
    HA!

yeah... i do have a tendency to ramble... and my "articals" dear god...
    umm... "blending 101" was the post that ate New York.
    you were wondering why New York was missing werent you?
    I thought New York was a myth ... wow
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Ok, Seeing as though Ive only been on here a short while -- Ill go with 1 - Electrician 2 - seeing as though everyone else went with -- err Eye Candy -- I will go with = Being able to wear jeans to work every day! Just to switch it up a bit!
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    1. Electrician

2. Smoke breaks.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Unfortunately, I have to go with Scrambler on this one.

1. Electrician - GO SPARKYS

2. Getting to check out the chicks that come in for applications.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Guys, just a quick note. You've probably clued in on this, but aside from posting the questions, I am going to pretty much stay out of this thread. A couple things though... first, only one guess from each poster will be accepted for each question, so make it count. Second, I am not going to announce the answers when the question is dead... I will wait until the contest is over and post the answers and the winner.

That is all. :)
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    1-electrician   2-ladies on site
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    1. Electrician

2. The people you work with (I have many friends in apprecnticeships and some are journeymen etc. and they are the best to hang out with!)
    Ok, there is still about 50 minutes left on question 1, but I'm tired and want to go to bed, so I'm gonna put up #2 now.

This will be a one point question. What was the last movie I saw in a theater?

And.... Go!
    Batman: The Dark Knight
    Burn After Reading
    Scrambler:
    Burn After Reading
    Have you seen is Scram??? I'm wanting too, but it looks like the kind of movie that could either be Really good or Really bad
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    I'm gonna say Ghost Town... Along with some Sailor Jerry and Coke.... Damn kids.... Stick out tongue [:P]
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Righteous Kill
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Burn After Reading...
    Burn after Reading, with the smuggled Sailor Jerry.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Burn after Reading.
    Lasabar:
    Scrambler:
    Burn After Reading
    Have you seen is Scram??? I'm wanting too, but it looks like the kind of movie that could either be Really good or Really bad
    No, I haven't seen it yet, but I want to.
    Scrambler:
    Burn After Reading
    Ditto.
    Oh damn, I forgot I mentioned the movie... guess that was another gimme. I better think up something better or I'm gonna have an 8-way tie on my hands.