Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Top Ten Pass IN MOTION and full. Sorry

Just gauging interest on a possible pass.

First pass would include my 10 favorite cigars. If you remove a cigar you replace it with a cigar from your top ten. Pretty simple, just a way to try different sticks our fellow BORKS enjoy.

If enough people are interested pass will start in October.

Let me know what ya think

The NEW order to hopefully keep this thing moving

lilwing88
firetruckguy
lcpeel
Hays
RedtailhawkOz
Bass8844
Duder2
sightunseen
laker 1963
DiamondDog
Goldy
t evan50
jship079
RaschNuts
Hayblet
Krieg
Vulchor

Any others who join will go to the bottom of the list. If you need are unavailable for the pass on your turn let the person ahead of you now so they can keep this thing going.

Any other suggestions let me know

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    This one I like...could be some mighty intersting sticks in there I think----I will say I love Anejo, Opus, Padron 64...so it could be a nice pass. Of course, I also like White Owls :)

What is the deal with these...is it one stick only, or could you take 2 for 2??? I have never done one of the passes.
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Im in how about rules can you take a opus for a 5 vegas classic or do they need to be in a general price range.How about wrappers do we keep them the same so we dont end up with all maduro's.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I'm in, but the only thing I would caution on is the benchmark used to determine the value some cigars. My favorites include Padron 64, Opus, GOF and Ashton ESG..... all of which rarely go for less than MSRP. Some Gurkhas carry a hefty MSRP, but never go for that price. I think we should factor in sites like Cbid when determining value. I don't personally care too much about a few dollars here and there, but a Gurkha Centurion retails for $30........ Need I say more?
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Yeah it would definately have to be of equal value or rare if your removing a premium stick. I went with ten so there will be room for sticks that are affordable for everyone to partake. I think we all have a good idea of what is fair and if there is any question in your mind feel free to ask. As for how many can be removed I'd say do what you will. I mean if its equal value it really doesn't matter. Mostly just sharing what we like.

I'm open to all ideas as this will be the first pass I have put together.
    comperable price. as for wrappers I don't care if they are all one or another as long as its a favorite of yours go for it.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I'm in agreement with the guidelines so far outlined, and I'd be down for participation in this.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Hays:
    I'm in agreement with the guidelines so far outlined, and I'd be down for participation in this.
    same here

"Long ashes my friends."

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Sounds interesting. Would there be a requirement to list what you put and take on the forums? Good tracking of where the package is and it let's us all see what you like and what your contibution to the pass would be. Just a suggestion, but I'm probably in either way.
  • Count me in as well
  • Sounds like fun wouldnt mind getting my first pass/trade in this way to get my feet wet. I might need help with adding something equivalant but other than that count me in. if you dont mind having a noob.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Sign me up.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I'd be down for this
    laker1963:
    Sounds interesting. Would there be a requirement to list what you put and take on the forums? Good tracking of where the package is and it let's us all see what you like and what your contibution to the pass would be. Just a suggestion, but I'm probably in either way.
    The original package will have a list of the sticks it contains. Maybe something like Cigar- who put it in then who took it out...ie..

Opus X-(sirfoster83)then who ever wants just cross it out and put your name next to it? Open to ideas really
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    just to make sure, you start it with 10 and the 10 sticks goes to "joe". joe takes 3 and puts 3 of his own and send all 10 to "bob". bob gets 10 and takes 9 puts 9 of his own then sends out 10 to "brian". Correct? who determines who gets the package next?
    Looks like there is plenty of interest.

Vulchor
    lilwing88
    jship079
    Hays
    Krieg
    Bass8844
    sightunseen
    Hayblet
    lcpleel
    Raschnuts-if nobodies opposed to letting the new guy in.
    and possibly laker1963.

Might get this thing going early. Just need to hit up a few B&Ms or place an order for the last 3 to round out my top ten.
    lcpleel:
    just to make sure, you start it with 10 and the 10 sticks goes to "joe". joe takes 3 and puts 3 of his own and send all 10 to "bob". bob gets 10 and takes 9 puts 9 of his own then sends out 10 to "brian". Correct? who determines who gets the package next?
    Thats the plan. As for order we could do a set order to better track it or a free for all that helps for people who travel.
    sirfoster83:
    Looks like there is plenty of interest.

Vulchor
    lilwing88
    jship079
    Hays
    Krieg
    Bass8844
    sightunseen
    Hayblet
    Raschnuts-if nobodies opposed to letting the new guy in.
    and possibly laker1963.

Might get this thing going early. Just need to hit up a few B&Ms or place an order for the last 3 to round out my top ten.
    count me in
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Im in.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    lcpleel:
    Generally you pull 1-3, and replace the number that you take (versus taking 10 and putting 10 in)...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Im in...........
    Hays:
    lcpleel:
    Generally you pull 1-3, and replace the number that you take (versus taking 10 and putting 10 in)...
    yeah we will do 3 max. I'll add you guys to the list
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    A couple suggestions
    The pass goes in order of when you got in or radom like out of a hat
    Put the msrp next to the stick on the sheet
    Take no more than tree sticks
    jship079:
    A couple suggestions
    a few sticks i can think of have a msrp of $20 but really sells for $30 and a few that are for $30 that sells for $20.
    I'm a fan of having an order to go by. Seemed a little chaotic with the free for all with other passes. If nobody cares I will have my son draw names out of a hat and we can just add late comers to the end or just shut it down after the weekend with those already in.
    lcpleel:
    jship079:
    A couple suggestions
    a few sticks i can think of have a msrp of $20 but really sells for $30 and a few that are for $30 that sells for $20.
    Yeah msrp really is hard to go by for some sticks
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    As long as there's an order of some kind, it sounds good to me. I would make sure that to start off with there are some sticks in there that are under $10 or so, as I'm sure there are a lot of people that don't have many $20+ sticks.
    t_evan50:
    As long as there's an order of some kind, it sounds good to me. I would make sure that to start off with there are some sticks in there that are under $10 or so, as I'm sure there are a lot of people that don't have many $20+ sticks.
    Its about 50/50 opus to diesel back to ESG and all in between for my top 10.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    sirfoster83:
    I'm a fan of having an order to go by. Seemed a little chaotic with the free for all with other passes. If nobody cares I will have my son draw names out of a hat and we can just add late comers to the end or just shut it down after the weekend with those already in.
    If I may make one suggestion? If we end up with several Canucks who want to be included it might make sense to keep those names aside and have your son draw them separetley. Otherwise this thing could pass back and forth across the border several times and that will slow it down way too much.

The other thing to remember is that whoever sends this thing north, remember that you are sending "Collectible Bands" with a value of no more the $20.
    laker1963:
    sirfoster83:
    If I may make one suggestion? If we end up with several Canucks who want to be included it might make sense to keep those names aside and have your son draw them separetley. Otherwise this thing could pass back and forth across the border several times and that will slow it down way too much.

The other thing to remember is that whoever sends this thing north, remember that you are sending "Collectible Bands" with a value of no more the $20.
    Didn't think of that will do. I'll put a big maple leaf on a slip and if it comes out I'll send her up for our Canadian brothers first...
    Alright just so everyone has an idea....

Here is the ten going in the first package.

1. Kristoff
    2. Opus X
    3. Avo
    4. Tatuaje Red Tubo
    5. Tatuaje Black Tubo
    6. Graycliff Profesionale
    7.Diesel UC
    8. Onyx Reserve

Have to hit the shop this weekend and will pick up 9 and 10 respectively:
    Ashton VS
    Ashton ESG.

With the response from everyone I want to get this thing rolling as soon as possible.